Feeling baby! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-20-2011, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameragirl View Post

She talks to my belly, and at night she kisses my belly twice, and rubs one in. The one she rubs in is for the baby. wink1.gif

That is adorable! 

twin boys born 11/28/08, pregnant with #3 due 3/13/12

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2011, 09:23 AM

16 weeks now and I have been feeling something occasionally, but I'm not sure if it is really the baby.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:07 AM

My baby must have turned around to face the other way or something because Ive gone from frequent noticeable movements to nothing at all for the past couple of days :(

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

Old 09-23-2011, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Officially feeling more steady and stronger kicks.  It's such an amazing sigh of relief,  since I haven't heard the HB yet (we use a fetascope) and I just had a death in the family.... I've been so worried.  Now I can finally breathe again. 

Lisa- mom to 4 boys, expecting our 5th surprise in May 
Old 09-23-2011, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I haven't really feel kicks yet, but I told the Dr. that I can feel what seems like rolling or stretching. She heard several definite kicks on the doppler, though. I have a feeling this little one is going to be active like big sister. smile.gif

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
Old 09-23-2011, 04:14 PM

I'm 14 weeks and I can feel definite movement up by my belly button. I was surprised the baby would be so high, but then it's not like I'm an expert in where my uterus is.

Mom to two boys and expecting a babygirl.gif in May, 2014!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:32 PM

It should be relative to your height, but this might help.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
Old 09-23-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbys View Post

I'm 14 weeks and I can feel definite movement up by my belly button. I was surprised the baby would be so high, but then it's not like I'm an expert in where my uterus is.

Have you tried feeling for it? If you lay down on your back and press your fingers various places on your belly between your pubic bone and belly button, you should be able to find a hard thing, which is the top of your uterus.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:00 PM

I feel like such an amateur when this is my second pregnancy. To be honest, my stomach is far from toned so when I lie down it all feels like mush. But when I stand up, the top of my uterus feels high, like on line with my belly button. Now I am 5'2" so perhaps that has something to do with it. All I know is I've been feeling movement before 12 weeks which seems crazy to me, and then last night I felt movement next to my belly button on my right side. In fact, at my colposcopy, the doctor initially couldn't find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler until I pointed to the spot next to my belly button. Sure enough, boom, heartbeat. I feel so fortunate to feel movement, but shocked too. With DS, I didn't feel quickening until 20 weeks and no kicks until 24 weeks. While I don't feel kicks, I feel like the baby is a fish, swimming below the surface of my stomach. It's all so surreal.

Thanks Cameragirl for the chart. That's a super handy visual.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:50 PM

My fundus is about two fingers below my belly button at nearly 16 weeks. (Or at 16 w 1 d if you go off the original ultrasound...I think they dated off the egg sac no the baby for official EDD.)

Old 09-23-2011, 11:33 PM

Oh my god, I can see the baby kicking from the outside!! (or really, I can see the waistband of my pj's move)

I think this even beats being able to feel it for me. It means I'm not making it all up. :-D

Baking a cupcake at 98.6°. This little lady is due early March 2012.

***4***8***12***16****20***24***28***32*ecbaby.gif*36***40**

Old 09-24-2011, 01:57 AM

Ahhh I love reading all this excitement. Feeling the movement even flutters is amazing. I too have been just felling one or small flutters only when laying down for bed. Even then I have to be paying attention. This is baby #4 for me so I was thinking I would feel movement earlier.

I was just reading over my pregnancy notes from DS (last preg) and his h/b was 150's early on then lowered to the 120's and I didn't know the gender. This baby was 162 at 11 1/2 wks. Plus had a "boy dream" and don't want to know gender. Hmmmm. Hoping for a little brother for my only energic guy.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:01 PM

So lovely to hear the stories of movements :-)

I had a doppler on Friday and there was lots of movement in there, but I can't feel it myself :-(   I lay in bed most nights with my hand on my belly waiting for a movement, but nothing so far.  Hopefully I'll feel something soon.  I can feel that I will get some movement soon, I feel restless.

30 years old,  part time wheelchair.gif,  Living in Australia with my DH and belly.gif with IVF bubba #1 after a long long time of ttc.  Very grateful we've made it this far.  Due March 2012

I enjoy these activities:  sewmachine.gif     crochetsmilie.gif       geek.gif        greenthumb.gif

Planning on  bfinfant.gif      femalesling.GIF    cd.gif   

Old 09-25-2011, 05:00 PM

Having the same experience as all of you ladies!

I read that at his stage in pregnancy (14w) the baby is almost constantly moving. If I sit still enough while laying on my side I can feel him/her every time! Such a weird feeling. A good feeling...but definitely strange (this is my first).

Yay for tiny bitty babies!

Old 09-25-2011, 07:59 PM

I'm starting to get little kicks. They're still soft, but definitely there. I had some spicy sushi made with cooked chicken and beef, and not too long after the baby was dancing away.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:45 PM

Just got home from our 16/17 week midwife visit. I told her how much I am feeling the baby move already and she looked at me like I had 3 heads, but thought it was great. Then she turned on the doppler and, just to prove a point, the baby gave a kick so loud that the mw jumped! :-) Definitely my husband's kid..

Baking a cupcake at 98.6°. This little lady is due early March 2012.

***4***8***12***16****20***24***28***32*ecbaby.gif*36***40**

Old 09-27-2011, 07:40 AM

I'm not feeling my baby nearly as much anymore. I'm guessing it turned the other way and I just can't feel the movements as strong yet. I miss it :(

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

Old 09-29-2011, 12:36 AM

I didn't feel movement with my first child until I was about 20 weeks, but now with my second pregnancy, I am feeling fluttering and occasional jabs starting about a week ago ( I am about 15 weeks now) which suprises me because i am much heavier with this pregnancy. Feeling movement from the baby is definitely the best part about pregnancy, and I can't wait until i'm able to feel kicks and punches when I put my hand on my belly. I remember when I was pregnant with my son when he would stretch out or change positions in a very drastic way, and I just loved being able to actually SEE the movement. Pregnancy and babies are so amazing :) Cant wait to find out soon if my son is going to have a baby brother or sister :)

Old 09-29-2011, 05:21 AM

I posted before that I was feeling some things that I thought could be the baby, but I wasn’t sure. That’s been the case for the last week and a half. But last night, at 17weeks exactly, I definitely felt about 5 strong kicks. Even DH could feel them with his hand on my belly. I didn’t know baby was that strong yet!

Old 09-29-2011, 06:21 PM

Its funny how you know exactly where baby is in your body even at that stage when they are so small. This is my first and I can feel him/her all the time and I know exactly where it is. So strange!

Old 09-30-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandy Lion View Post

I'm not feeling my baby nearly as much anymore. I'm guessing it turned the other way and I just can't feel the movements as strong yet. I miss it :(

I'm not feeling the baby as much either. I felt much stronger movement a week ago and now it's become waves underneath the skin. It freaks me out a bit.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:23 AM

I think I felt my first movements on Friday and then some more yesterday.  They felt like flicking under my skin :-)  so nice to feel it finally!

30 years old,  part time wheelchair.gif,  Living in Australia with my DH and belly.gif with IVF bubba #1 after a long long time of ttc.  Very grateful we've made it this far.  Due March 2012

I enjoy these activities:  sewmachine.gif     crochetsmilie.gif       geek.gif        greenthumb.gif

Planning on  bfinfant.gif      femalesling.GIF    cd.gif   

Old 10-04-2011, 05:02 PM

I've been feeling it a lot lately. Last night DD woke up hungry, then got really freaked out because she thought her pillow was a skeleton in the dark. We were up for a good hour, and her talking while laying in my lap woke up the baby. Then it was a matter of getting BOTH of them to sleep so I could get some sleep as well. He's head down and I don't have a posterior placenta this time, so he's pretty noticeable. He's also running on the large side, so that could be part of it, too.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameragirl View Post

We were up for a good hour, and her talking while laying in my lap woke up the baby. Then it was a matter of getting BOTH of them to sleep so I could get some sleep as well. .
biggrinbounce.gif you started pretty early trying to get them both to sleep!!! what will you do in a few months/years? orngbiggrin.gif

34 yr old mommy to Marina (4 Dec 07), excited for #2 in late March!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooo View Post

biggrinbounce.gif you started pretty early trying to get them both to sleep!!! what will you do in a few months/years? orngbiggrin.gif

Well, with the baby I just had to wait for him to stop kicking. With the 5 year old, it was a totally different matter. smile.gif

User Tag List