Weird dreams..? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-20-2011, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have never really had scary dreams before, but lately I have been having dreams about people actually being dead in my dreams. I had a dream last night where a dead body was outside my window and I wanted to call the police but my fiance wouldn't let me call them. I've had a few other dead people dreams. Have any of you been having any weird, or scary dreams?

#2 of 10 Old 09-20-2011, 08:05 PM

I have VERY vivid dreams while I'm pregnant, and they get worse the further it goes along. I woke up the other day PISSED at my mom for no reason, and then I remembered she did something in my dream to make me mad. One time I woke up horrified because I dreamed that my boss was hitting on me, I got pregnant with him, and then birthed a litter of puppies. Then I was trying to nurse six or so puppies and couldn't manage it.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#3 of 10 Old 09-20-2011, 09:34 PM

I keep having these bizarre dreams... not scary or sexual like you normally hear about, just kind of awesome and vivid.  :)  Like fighting super villians with my superior brainpower, or breeding a new kind of mythical creature, or camping out on a desert island and getting rescued by the polar express.  Haha!

Oh yeah!!  I also had this amazing dream where I was Harry Potter fighting a dragon in a dungeon!  I kept thinking "wow, this is a lot harder than it looks."  biglaugh.gif

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

#4 of 10 Old 09-20-2011, 09:50 PM

My dreams have been all over the place, more frequent and vivid. I've had dead family members dreams, apocalypse dreams, baby dreams, erotic dreams (some really weird ones), alternate reality dreams, supernatural dreams, I think a lot of them are based on family health issues and stress and flavored with what book I've been reading, tv show or movie I've seen.

My DH had a nightmare the other night that was so vivid he was near tears and shuddering in his sleep. That freaked the hell out of me since his isn't usually a big dreamer and then I had a nightmare about horrible things happening to him. 

twin boys born 11/28/08, pregnant with #3 due 3/13/12

#5 of 10 Old 09-21-2011, 06:01 AM

I have pretty intense dreams, mostly of the sexual variety.  I don't mind : ) but some of the scenarios are a little embaressing.  Like, where exactly did that come from??

I've heard from several women having nightmares and more scary dreams, so I don't think it's that uncommon.  I've read somewhere that your brain is like a computer and your dreams are kind of like the defragging/disk clean up process.  So a the little bits of info get smooshed together and sometimes you get really interesting combinations.  It's not whole but the parts that are actually from your life.  As new and expectant mothers I think we have a lots of fears and anxieties even if they are subconscious, so it's probably pretty normal for some of this stuff to come out in dreams.  I think the sex dreams are just hormones and increased blood flow.  I am a bit fascinated by the whole thing though.  Really shows that the big O is largely a mental/emotional thing.

treehugger.gif homemaker mama to jumpers.gif and stork-boy.gif due in March

#6 of 10 Old 09-21-2011, 05:26 PM

I've had all kinds of crazy dreams while pregnancy. In my first pregnancy I dreamt that I gave birth to twin potatoes with faces carved in them. And my whole family was oohing ans aahing all over them and saying how much they looked like us. And I was just devastated and didn't understand why nobody else understood that they were just potatoes. Crazy.

But mostly I have crazy sex dreams involving all of my ex-boyfriends. Lovely  greensad.gif

Maegen, adventurous wife to DH, loving mom to my beautiful DD's and expecting another babe in March 2012!

#7 of 10 Old 09-21-2011, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

In my first trimester, I had a lot of sexual dreams as well. But those have tapered off, and now every dream I have, I am pregnant in! I had a dream where I went to Vegas with DH and some friends and they all tried to get me to drink and I kept telling them I couldn't because I was pregnant. I thought I would still have none pregnant dreams but I haven't since I found out. I've also had dreams I had my child, a son, and paraded him around the local trailer park showing him to everyone. But most recently I've had dreams where I've seen dead people and it's just been really scary to have those dreams. I wake up and can't go back to sleep. guilty.gif

#8 of 10 Old 09-21-2011, 09:37 PM

I have been having these wild sex dreams too!! I am so happy that I am not the only one.  They have been about exes too!  I know that I talk in my sleep and I am always so nervous that my DH is going to ask me what the heck is going on when I am sleeping.  Luckily, the talking I have been doing hasn't been revealing although he did tell me that sometimes I moan in my sleep - I never thought I would be a 33 year old marriend pregnant woman embarassed about that, but I totally am!

#9 of 10 Old 09-22-2011, 05:18 AM

I have been having dreams where I drive really fast and recklessly on highways with limited visibility and too much traffic to be driving like that.  I inevitably roll my vehicle, but never stay in the dream long enough to feel hurt or anything.

And yeah, some sexual dreams, too.

Sheesh!!! 

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#10 of 10 Old 09-22-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie2 View Post

I have been having these wild sex dreams too!! I am so happy that I am not the only one.  They have been about exes too!  I know that I talk in my sleep and I am always so nervous that my DH is going to ask me what the heck is going on when I am sleeping.  Luckily, the talking I have been doing hasn't been revealing although he did tell me that sometimes I moan in my sleep - I never thought I would be a 33 year old marriend pregnant woman embarassed about that, but I totally am!

LOL! So happy I'm not the only one! But seriously, I have these kinds of dreams every time I'm pregnant and it's kinda disturbing. I don't like thinking about my exes that way.

Maegen, adventurous wife to DH, loving mom to my beautiful DD's and expecting another babe in March 2012!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page