Forum Jump: 

#61 of 121 Old 10-15-2011, 06:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsky View Post

Are you enjoying the 2nd trimester?

YES! No more nausea, less peeing, less tired! I'm feeling fairly back to normal now, except for some heartburn, and of course I have a belly now. Certainly glad to have traded nausea for kicks!

As for bonding... the kicks do help. But TTC took a long time and required medical help to get pregnant, so I became so used to negative, negative, negative. I think because of this, I am still having trouble believing that my first pregnancy could actually go smoothly and have a happy ending. I am too used to things not working the first time.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#62 of 121 Old 10-15-2011, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Its going to be fine Kyamo! Really! In all this testing I still knew that they didn't make my baby healthy by doing it. I did that:) Most babies do make it! Even when they are seen by crazy OB's! LOL

That said, the midwife does not think I need the repeat testing either. So its over. Except for the going to pick up my records drama.

Living a life like no one else, with my husband, and all our children
#63 of 121 Old 10-15-2011, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Lizsky, I feel movement pretty good now:) I LOVE it:) I have been feeling stuff since about 13 weeks. Now its good and strong and regular:) This is the fun part:)

#64 of 121 Old 10-15-2011, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I got to babysit my sister's youngest yesterday. He just turned one and is a rolly polly ball of love. smile.gif DD got to play with him without the other kids around, and then I got him to get some sleep. He was passed out on my chest for a few hours because he was stuffy. My butt was numb because they left me no chairs (or food or cold drinks), but it was worth it for the cuddles. I don't know if I smell like his mama, but he didn't want anyone but me, and I haven't watched him before. He finally decided he liked DH because the hubby can hold him up high, or play the upside game. Only downside was that the guys took off with ALL of the food, so I had hardly anything for the baby except one bottle of milk and some sliced bread. They didn't show back up until 3 pm with food. I was SO hungry. My nephew crawled over and stole some of mine, too. smile.gif

Today is DH's birthday. He helped move for the past few days, so we're kind of taking it easy around the house. DD and I made him some vanilla pancakes, and then I fell back asleep. We're all in bed watching tv now. I ended up getting him a nice sweater and some bacon tooth picks for kicks. I also ordered some sugar cookie marshmallows from Have It Sweet, and they should arrive soon. (Hah! Oops! Kind of leaked the name of my indulgence.) wink1.gif

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#65 of 121 Old 10-15-2011, 02:08 PM

Lizky, I’m not sure how many MW are up there.  When I check in at the counter I can usually see about 4 plus mine.  They seem pretty friendly so far.

As for how I’m feeling about my pregnancy.  I have such a pregnant belly now.  It is out all the time and doesn’t really go back in much.  It used to go ‘in and out’, but now it’s always out.  I’m feeling a bit more movement now which is nice for me, stronger movements are easier to feel. My DH has shown more interest in touching my belly too which has been nice.  I suppose at the start there wasn’t an obvious bump to touch.

My nausea comes and goes.  I’m still having difficulty brushing my teeth in the mornings as that triggers it.  Swishing a mouthwash has the same effect so I’m not winning there either!.  I’m still peeing all the time.  Oh and I have awful heartburn too.  The chemist recommended some chewable chalk things and they are helping a lot.

I’m very much enjoying being pregnant.  I like to sort of hold my belly sometimes and cradle the baby in there.

Kyamo, I know how you feel about neg neg neg all the time.  I sometimes still feel the same way and can’t believe that in March I’ll actually have the baby we’ve wanted for so long (4 years of ttc).

My major worry at the moment is normal stress and anxiety I’m experiencing in my life worry me that I’m affecting the baby.  I read somewhere that too much stress can cause baby to come early and now I’m all worried about that too!!

30 years old,  part time wheelchair.gif,  Living in Australia with my DH and belly.gif with IVF bubba #1 after a long long time of ttc.  Very grateful we've made it this far.  Due March 2012

I enjoy these activities:  sewmachine.gif     crochetsmilie.gif       geek.gif        greenthumb.gif

Planning on  bfinfant.gif      femalesling.GIF    cd.gif   

#66 of 121 Old 10-15-2011, 02:27 PM

@Lizzie - if you can get your hands on some mint tooth powder, it might make brushing easier. I had hyperemesis with DD and toothpaste still makes me gag five years later. The tooth powder is usually baking soda based, and the flavor is from essential oils instead of that super sweet extract with sweetener. I like Ecodent original mint or tartar control.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#67 of 121 Old 10-15-2011, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Cameras girl, Happy bday to your hubby:) Vanilla pancakes sound yummy!

Lizziemum,  Well if to much stress is bad for the baby I don't know whats going to happen to mine! First I was told downs, I vomited, got other tummy troubles, couldn't sleep, and cried until I had a headache! Then I was told I have HIV!! LOL I cried and cried and mostly because I was so angry that they were being so negative and acting like I really had it! Which I don't! So while I think stress is bad for baby I also think my baby is still fine and surely I was under a lot of stress for the past two months. That said I am reading the book hypno birthing and I really like it:) Its not NEARLY as expensive as hypno babies by far!

Not much new to report! Just stopping in and keeping up!

#68 of 121 Old 10-15-2011, 07:09 PM

I don't want to be a downer, but can I vent? If you've been in the group awhile, I know you've heard about my wonderful in-laws. Yeah...they were so wonderful today. Last weekend Dh's mom was being really pushing about going to his cousin's kid's birthday party today, on DH's birthday. We told her we would be helping my sister move the few days before, and really didn't want to go to the kid's party. We rarely see the cousin as it is, and DH wanted to do what HE wanted on his birthday. We told her this several times. If we were going to do something, it wasn't a kiddy party. I also have IVIG coming up Monday - Wednesday, so I have to hydrate like crazy. Between peeing every five minutes and still throwing up in my mouth randomly, I didn't feel like doing anything. DH decided he wanted to just relax in jammies and watch movies all day, so after I made him breakfast, that's what we did.

They didn't bother to call at all today. They know we're broke, and they could have at least asked him to go out to dinner, had him over for dinner, etc. Then at 4:30, they call and say they will be over to "drop off his present real quick." So, DH tells me they're coming over and what do you know, they're here in about two minutes. That left me no time to shower and change clothes, so I just said screw it, I'm staying in bed. I was 80* in the bedroom, I was really hungry, and had to pee, but I was trying to rest. I just didn't want to go out there and risk saying how I felt about their wonderful behavior lately. (It goes way beyond this...) DH told them I was resting and asked DD to be quiet, so my FIL started rough housing and making all kinds of ruckus with DD. Gee, thanks. I ended up being stuck in the bedroom for TWO hours for their "drop off." By that point I was feeling sick because I was so hungry, and crying.

I'm seriously tired of the attitude that they're totally there for us, but they never are. Seriously, they are out of town to work by choice. They call last minute to ask us to do things, and then get pissed when we can't. You can't call parents of a 5 year old at 6 pm and expect us to not have dinner going or on the table by then. You can't try to guilt us into things every single time we talk, and expect us to just go with it. I won't even let them watch our daughter anymore, because they lie about what their plans are. They just take off with her in their car, and have done things like driving 1.5 hours down to their houseboat without letting us know they are going. FIL also smokes and drinks like a fish around DD, and that is completely unacceptable to me. Sigh...sorry for the rant. I'm just super frustrated, and I can tell DH is depressed about something and he isn't talking about it.

#69 of 121 Old 10-16-2011, 06:31 AM

Can I join you ladies? I haven't been following through with this thread as I haven't had consistent internet access (other than my phone) in months. But for now I'm borrowing from a neighbor so I can hopefully keep up.

3times, the whole experience with your doctor sounds quite miserable. I'm glad you are through with all that ridiculousness and can just see the midwife with your negative HIV test. How annoying!

camera, I'm sorry about your ILs. Some people have a really difficult time seeing outside of themselves it seems. I'm sorry they came and wrecked your evening with your family, it isn't right at all.

lizsky, I understand about the anxiety. Nothing is ever certain, and I think just being pregnant in general can remind us how true that is. The hormones surging through our bodies can certainly add to it. I have a prenatal yoga dvd, I think I might pop it in and see if I like it this time around. I didn't use it a lot last time, but I did like it when I did. Should make more time for myself.

I'm definitely feeling baby kicks through the day, I'm 18 weeks along. I have very little appetite lately though. Nothing sounds good to me to eat. I'm not nauseous anymore, but food in general just sounds yuck. I don't remember having this problem the past 2 times, and I am eating but probably not nearly enough. Hopefully the vitamins are helping me out here. I have an appointment with the midwife on tuesday, so maybe she'll have some good advice for me.

Thursday I get to take my 2 kiddos to the dentist. My 6 year old has to have some cavities filled, ugh, and my 4 year old just recently had a bad bike accident and has a brown front tooth. After talking with the dentist, I am worried she is going to have to have some kind of procedure to keep the tooth viable until the permanent tooth can come in. We won't know anything for sure until an xray is taken and we can see what is going on, but I'm just worried. I have some really bad memories of an oral surgery procedure when I was young, and I just don't want my kids to have to go through something traumatic like that.

mama to ds 6, dd 4, & ds 2
#70 of 121 Old 10-16-2011, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Sommer, of course you can join:) Monday my son is getting his cavity filled. BLAH. I get to bring a 12week old and a 2yr old with me to do it. I am going to see if a friend can come sit here with the babies. Otherwise I would rather shoot myself in the foot! eyesroll.gif

Cameras girl, IL's are the worst! There is an entire board on Babycenter called Dealing with the inlaws. Frankly sometimes I think they are just being petty but I do think they make good points about boundries. My MIL really isn't bad she is a jehovahs witness and attends "meetings" and the most annoying thing she did lately was not bring my niece to DD's party. She said she couldn't risk her soul like that!lol.gif We just roll our eyes and poor niece doesn't get to have any cake.

AFM, nothing much. I was so tired this morning because DS has taken to sleeping with us. I think I am going to have to start being the witchy mom and putting him back in bed each and every time he gets up. IMO its come to a place where he basically controls us at night surrounding what time he will sleep and where. So for my sanity and to not have him think its babies fault I plan to start being the witchy mom. Back to bed he will go EVERY time he gets up. This is going to suck!

#71 of 121 Old 10-16-2011, 05:41 PM

Hi ladies- I know I haven't posted or read much, but we've been busy! Kids are a lot of work, I'm not sure I'll have time to breath when the twins get here! Thankfully with the second trimester comes energy! Hopefully I can pop on at least during nap and quiet time instead of using it for sleeping myself :) We had an ultrasound on Friday to check on an empty sac, and found out for sure baby A is a boy! :) Baby B is modest and wouldn't let us take a look, so we have to wait until our next ultrasound in 4 weeks. Babies are both growing wonderfully, as can be seen by my ginormous belly!

Allicyn- wife to my geeky Air Force Engineer, Brandon
Mommy to Audrey (February 2007) William (February 2009) and Eloise (August 2010)
Pregnant with twins due Spring 2012!

#72 of 121 Old 10-16-2011, 08:17 PM

We spent the day at the pumpkin patch with my very pregnant cousin. It was SO ridiculously busy, but we managed to have a good time. Too bad I forgot my camera, though. I lost a great uncle from the other side of my mom's family, making for two losses this week. I didn't know him, either. My grandma is being a little ridiculous and causing a ruckus because I said that I never had the pleasure of knowing her sister. Apparently I met her once, when I was twelve. I don't really think that qualifies as really "knowing" a person...but oh well. I have my IVIG, anatomy scan, AND OB this week, so I might make my presence scarce on FB this week to the nuts on both sides of the family tree. No need for crazies right now! wink1.gif

Squee!! I just had to add that our little sick chicken isn't looking so sick anymore! My husband took over the vitamin ritual since it was too smelly for me. I noticed her doing better this morning, but we were busy so I didn't stop and really look at her. I just went up to her cage, and she was talking to me and letting me pet her. We haven't seen her neck spasm all day. I'm hoping to get her cleaned up and outside this week if possible. She'll enjoy the company of the other chickens more than our rabbit, anyways. smile.gif

#73 of 121 Old 10-18-2011, 10:02 AM

Welcome Sommer!  Cameragirl, you've got a lot of appointments this week!  Glad your chicken is better :)  Kyamo and Lizziemum, I'm sorry your journey to conceiving was so long.  I know there are no guarantees, but we are all well into the 2nd trimester and odds are certainly in your favor that your little ones will arrive safely in your arms in less than 5 months!

I'm excited for all of you who have been feeling kicks for a while and who have already had anatomy scans.  I'm due later in March, so I haven't hit some of those milestones yet.  

So I went to prenatal yoga last night and I was so glad to be there.  The yoga itself was good, but I was especially glad to be in a room of other pregnant ladies.  Its sortof cheesy but something about being in a community of women who are all preparing to bring a new life into the world was really uplifting.  

Mom to DD born March 2010, and someone new March 2012

#74 of 121 Old 10-18-2011, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Lizsky,I am glad you enjoyed your yoga:)

Cameras girl, so glad to hear about your sick chicken:) It does sound like a fabulous week for you:) Of course minus family drama and the poor people passing in your family. Death and birth tend to happen in threes!

Allicyn, I agree kids are busy! Mostly my 2yo. He doesn't get the dangers of things and he can open the door and run out into traffic. Every day I am just excited that we all make it out alive!

Off to make supper. DH is waiting on me.

#75 of 121 Old 10-18-2011, 09:13 PM

Oh boy...the nutters are in full force this week in my family. smile.gif My grandmother was trying to get names for our baby out of my preggo cousin, knowing that we're close. My cousin wouldn't give in. My grandma seriously asked if we're going to reuse the name we gave to our miscarried child! "Well, it IS her favorite name, and the child isn't alive." My cousin sternly told her there was no way in Hell I'd reuse the name of other child for this one. Yeah. Thanks, Grandma. I never said it was my favorite name, just that I liked it. Then we used it to name our little angel, and I can't imagine reusing the name just because Avalon is in heaven, and not in our arms.

On a positive note, the infusions have been going as well as can be expected. I feel under the weather, but that is normal. Mom & my little sister are taking DD to Disneyland this weekend, too. I wish we could go as well, but we need to save our pennies. Mom & Sis are teachers, so they're going to take care of her lessons. Hopefully that will entertain DD for at least half of the ride to and from, since it is about 8 hours. We also get our anatomy scan the day they leave, and we'll get a DVD with the video on it. The little guy is moving around a lot lately, too. This morning I got three huge kicks after DH woke me up. I think someone wanted breakfast. smile.gif

#76 of 121 Old 10-19-2011, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter

I love the kicking:)

Yeah naming drama is prevelant in our family! My mother is the worst offender. She told us that my daughter's name is spelled wrong, and my son would be NOTHING but a carpenter with a name like that! LOL Then she was made because my youngest is named after my brother and DH's only not in that order. It is in the order its in so that it sounds nice, otherwise you have a lisp! She says of course that you don't. Its so annoying! She has harrassed me about this baby and if I will use a name on our side and then proceeded to tell me I better. We do not share names until birth for this reason!

Well off to start the day:) I have to get dressed to walk DD to school. I didn't get my laundry washed though. I wonder what magic I will find to wear!

#77 of 121 Old 10-19-2011, 12:17 PM

Hello all I have read the entire thread and am sorry I have been to busy to reply. We found out yesterday that we are having another girl. We told the kids we were having a baby yesterday too. The ultrasound doc told the kids how they could use a small flashlight to play with the baby and now they chase me with a flashlight. We are naming our new daughter Lucianna Helen. Lucianna means gracious light of God and Helen is after dh's mom (she died almost 12 years ago).

Our weekend trip was horrible the customer service at the Hampton inn was horrific. We waited an hour for our room to be ready it was supposedly being cleaned for that whole hour  and a manager helped. Then we hurry off to try to salvage our evening and come back to bathe the kids and discover this

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150416746425757.423986.687650756&type=1&l=29581e148c

not was the hotel staff not willing to admit any wrong doing and then over charged us. Corporate finally issued us a refund today. But that entire thing was a nightmare.

Then we leave the hotel and go to the diabetes walk and oh boy more crap ensues 

So we traveled 2hrs one way twice for my nieces walk for diabetes the first was so we could be on TV with her or rather so Vincenzo could be on TV with her. Then we stayed in a hotel for the walk (that was a total disaster too!)
Anyway we get to the walk and my niece can't even say hi to us!only 2 people said hi to Bob and only 2 people could say hi to me. My son who is close to my niece is upset because she ignored him. I told my sil that Cenzo was upset and she yelled at me saying that Ashleigh was with her friends and she doesn't talk to anyone when her friends are near and I should tell Vincenzo that he needs to deal with it and grow up - he's 5 not 40. 
Now in my opinion if someone does something for you you should at least say hi and thanks for coming and I as a parent would pull my child aside and tell them to do this. Am I the only one who thinks this was very rude. There were 22 people on the team and we know all but the 3 school friends. At Vincenzo's walk I had him personally thank everyone for coming and then Bob and I both thanked them as well.

They were mad about the TV interview saying my family got too much of the focus. I am just so done with them for now. We haven't even told them we are pregnant again. They only make fun of me and the names we pick out so for now we choose to keep them in the dark and be in a less stressful place.

#78 of 121 Old 10-19-2011, 04:53 PM

Finished my treatment! I'm free until the week of Thanksgiving. I look pretty beat up, so had DH stop at the feed store. It sounds funny, but they carry Coban in every color imaginable as VetWrap. I got some pretty wrap to cover up the hematomas decorating my arms, since they'll be there for awhile. The nurses really want me to get a medi-port, and I want one, but they do it under sedation or general. That means it is a no-go until I deliver. The head RN said they could do it at the same time as a c-section, but I'm trying to avoid another section. I'm going to ask my OB when it will be safe for me to get one. They might be able to do it before I leave the hospital, or soon after. Ideally, after my milk comes in so that I don't have to worry about the baby getting hungry while I'm out.

I'm thinking that we might do a Drop In and Decorate party to make cookies for the chemo/infusion patients sometime this holiday season. We've been meaning to do it for a couple of years, but never decided on a place to donate to. http://www.dropinanddecorate.org/about-drop-in-decorate.html

#79 of 121 Old 10-20-2011, 06:25 AM

cameragirl -- isn't name drama fun?  :P  I shouldn't complain, the only thing I've really dealt with is my mom openly disliking a few of our names.  

3timesamom -- my first thought when I read what your mom said about your son only becoming a carpenter with that name was "Did you name him Jesus?"

edymoomom -- that tub was gross!  Glad you got a refund.  And congrats on your girl -- that's a beautiful name.  Helen is in our "final three" for girl names.

I had an appointment this week; everything was normal.  I call today to book my anatomy scan, sometime mid-November.  I'm positive I've been feeling little baby wiggles now.

My canning is finally getting done.  I've tried both the pressure canner and hot water bath canning.  I find the pressure canning easier when I'm actually doing it, but it seems to take way longer between batches, because I have to wait for it to cool down and release the pressure.  I did beets from our garden yesterday, and boy was that messy.  My kitchen looked like a crime scene, and I have another batch to do.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#80 of 121 Old 10-20-2011, 01:34 PM

We had our Fetal Anomoly scan.  That must be what they call it in Australia, as they are looking for 'anomolies' in the baby (things that aren't quite right).  All is well though and we are very happy.

At the scan though, I felt very faint and dizzy after laying on my back for so long.  The scanner was really nice about it though and let me get up for a minute, and then when I was feeling better, we continued and I got to lay on my side instead.  I knew that I wasn't supposed to lay on my back for long because of the baby pressing on my nerves and stuff, can make me dizzy, but at all the ultrasounds, and my prenatal appointments, they have me lay on my back for a while.  I don't get it?  I'm having a dental checkup today (have a sore tooth, boo  :-(   so I'll need to mention it to them too.

I'm feeling funny about buying clothes for the baby.  People keep telling me that this baby is going to get so many gifts that I won't have to buy a thing (except I did buy a 'going home outfit' for the baby).  It feels weird to not buy any clothes for baby because I'm going to get given them.  It feels greedy??  I'm usually very independent and so waiting to get given clothes for baby seems a bit slack to me?  Does that make sense?  It's like I'm just sitting here waiting for the gifts to come in.  Even the girls at work are all excited for us, and my parents, and MIL etc etc.

30 years old,  part time wheelchair.gif,  Living in Australia with my DH and belly.gif with IVF bubba #1 after a long long time of ttc.  Very grateful we've made it this far.  Due March 2012

I enjoy these activities:  sewmachine.gif     crochetsmilie.gif       geek.gif        greenthumb.gif

#81 of 121 Old 10-20-2011, 04:39 PM

Lizzie, I had that same problem, getting dizzy lying too long on my back in my first pregnancy.  It got worse as the baby got bigger.   Glad they gave you a break and then finished with you on your side; hopefully that was more comfortable for you!! 

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#82 of 121 Old 10-21-2011, 02:12 PM

So glad our anatomy scan is out of the way, and everything is as it should be. smile.gif I was sent a new study from another patient, but forgot to bring it with me to the OB. She said to just fax it or bring it next time, because it would be interesting to read. Then she told me that she realizes nobody wants to be the patient that the doctor thinks is interesting. When I was waiting for the bathroom to pee in the little shot glass, I was cracking up listening to doctors and nurses at their station. You could tell it was Friday. I hear them talking about a GP that called in. "HE'S A DOCTOR! He knows the dosage. What the heck? He's a doctor. We don't change the dosage of medications because a woman is pregnant. Did he go to medical school? (Insert mild cursing here.)" Heh.

We're trying to get the video up...but it'll be awhile. I think he looks like his big sister. Looks like he got my lips. smile.gif

#83 of 121 Old 10-21-2011, 02:16 PM

Cameragirl, I'm glad your scan is out of the way too, and no issues.  I had mine last week and it's a nice relief to know all is well.

#84 of 121 Old 10-21-2011, 02:21 PM

Isn't it? I was more worried this time because I am on medication that carries a slight risk of cleft lip/cleft palate, but his lips looked fine. Now I'm just hoping he's within the normal size range and not leaning towards 10 lbs like DD. smile.gif Right now he's at 12 oz. and measuring a few days big.

#85 of 121 Old 10-22-2011, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Cameras girl I am so stoked the anatomy scan went well for you:)

Lizzie mum, do you know what your having after the scan?? I know what you mean about feeling funny about not buying stuff. Another point is that people think they will get you all you need but they won't! They will all buy cute little outfits when you will need onesies and sleepers not picture taking outfits. To me baby is not comfy in jeans or lace.

AFM, still not going to have an anatomy scan. Even though I would love to see baby. I am not afraid they would find something wrong just that they would THINK they did. More time spent on worry is wasted time IMO.

WOW so the other day I noted that I am feeling baby every day. I was so excited. Today I am noting that I am feeling baby when I am standing and talking to other people! I am feeling baby at the grocery store! I am also feeling baby at the normal time every evening. The intensity isn't changed from 13 weeks but its so frequent now. Baby is surely growing! Soon my children will be able to feel it too:) With Sethie Nolan got to feel it but DD never did! Baby Sethie was stubborn PLUS the placenta was attached to the front which makes it hard to feel baby move. So though I am sure he was moving, sadly we were blocked from such joys!

Well I have been really busy. Sethie has been on toddler crack or something. We can't get a moment of rest. Hes always trying to get out the front door or opening the fridge and taking out yogurt or eggs! Let me just say that doesn't end well. DH has put a lock on the door so that if I won't be able to keep a close eye I can lock it. We can't really lock the fridge though:( Its been quite exhausting!

We also got our new bedroom furniture. I am most excited. I have never had a matching set nor have I had a bed frame that wasn't a bunk bed!

Well that said. I have to go. Sethie is up crying. We have  a hard time getting him to bed and we have to threaten him that if he gets up we will turn out the light, and then shut the door. It just plain sucks! It goes on for HOURS!

#86 of 121 Old 10-23-2011, 01:47 PM

3timesamom, no, we don't know what we're having.  The scanner person offered it to us, but we said no, we'd like a surprise.  So it's a surprise we're having :-)

New furniture sounds so exciting too!  Congrats!

I'm feeling baby move about every second day now.  Over the weekend, I'm sure I felt more of a roll over than a kick  :-)  that was nice.

#87 of 121 Old 10-23-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3timesamom View Post

Cameras girl I am so stoked the anatomy scan went well for you:)

Lizzie mum, do you know what your having after the scan?? I know what you mean about feeling funny about not buying stuff. Another point is that people think they will get you all you need but they won't! They will all buy cute little outfits when you will need onesies and sleepers not picture taking outfits. To me baby is not comfy in jeans or lace.

AFM, still not going to have an anatomy scan. Even though I would love to see baby. I am not afraid they would find something wrong just that they would THINK they did. More time spent on worry is wasted time IMO.

WOW so the other day I noted that I am feeling baby every day. I was so excited. Today I am noting that I am feeling baby when I am standing and talking to other people! I am feeling baby at the grocery store! I am also feeling baby at the normal time every evening. The intensity isn't changed from 13 weeks but its so frequent now. Baby is surely growing! Soon my children will be able to feel it too:) With Sethie Nolan got to feel it but DD never did! Baby Sethie was stubborn PLUS the placenta was attached to the front which makes it hard to feel baby move. So though I am sure he was moving, sadly we were blocked from such joys!

Well I have been really busy. Sethie has been on toddler crack or something. We can't get a moment of rest. Hes always trying to get out the front door or opening the fridge and taking out yogurt or eggs! Let me just say that doesn't end well. DH has put a lock on the door so that if I won't be able to keep a close eye I can lock it. We can't really lock the fridge though:( Its been quite exhausting!

We also got our new bedroom furniture. I am most excited. I have never had a matching set nor have I had a bed frame that wasn't a bunk bed!

Well that said. I have to go. Sethie is up crying. We have  a hard time getting him to bed and we have to threaten him that if he gets up we will turn out the light, and then shut the door. It just plain sucks! It goes on for HOURS!

Oh man - I had one of those toddlers. We finally ended up moving shelves around in the fridge, which lasted until she figured out to drag a chair over. Eventually it was nice because she'd get her own yogurt cup, fruit, apple sauce, etc. We still leave a drawer at the bottom of the fridge for things like that. Which reminds me...we REALLY need to grocery shop before she gets back in town tonight. Our cupboards are looking like Mother Hubbard's!

#88 of 121 Old 10-23-2011, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah Nolan use to break down about EVERYTHING. I can't even make you understand how tortureous that was! Sethie is on crack and Alicia thankfully was so reasonable! Hopefully this baby will be just a doll! LOL

Oh new furniture is so much fun! I got my room all organized and dust bunny free:) I love it!

Well I am excited that you are team green Lizziemum:) I am not going to be all alone:)

Well tonight my friend comes over and watches Desperate housewives so off I go to finish cleaning up:)

#89 of 121 Old 10-24-2011, 12:31 PM

Glad to see everyone is doing well!

We got in a fender bender this weekend (not our fault!) which sucked but a happy outcome is I had an ultrasound to check on baby and we found out we are having a boy.  4 boys!  Dh is disappointed but I'm pleased.  I've started looking for yarn for his knitted things which is scarily addictive.  I found a couple colorways I like on Three Irish Girls - anyone know of any other must see stores?  Especially places I don't have to stalk like some of the Hyenacart vendors.

My kids were/are pretty intense too. Even this baby is already a crazy mover - he's already making my belly into weird shapes. They were all early walkers and climbers, and there was no gate system or barricaded to keep them out of anything. We just gave up - I will say though that it is cool how confident they are physically.  Ds2 figured out how to push chairs around to climb on top of tables and counters by a year, and yeah, he is a breaker too. Loves disarray. They're got really sweet natures, though.  Thank goodness!

treehugger.gif homemaker mama to jumpers.gif and stork-boy.gif due in March

#90 of 121 Old 10-24-2011, 02:15 PM

Congrats, SageR!  I also have four boys, but with a girl in the middle to balance out all that testosterone a little.  

I managed to feel the baby kicking from the outside today; for some reason, that made it seem a lot more real.  I think I managed to feel the head (or maybe the bum, but it felt pretty round and hard to me).  I felt little nudges and bumps off to one side, up at the top of my uterus, and some more little movements just above my pubic bone.  They were the right distance apart for how long the baby should be at this point, which was neat.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page