Constipation? YEAH RIGHT! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-03-2011, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay, So constipation is supposed to be a common pregnancy symptom, right?.. well sometimes it's a symptom I WISH I had.. but with both of my pregnancies I have had the exact opposite of that symptom, leaving me running to the bathroom for something other than a full bladder. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this symptom in place of constipation, and if there's anything you did to help the situation.

#2 of 4 Old 10-03-2011, 10:33 AM

You are not alone!  Although I seem to alternate between both extremes :(

Did it last your whole pregnancy the last time?  My MW told me it should settle down during the 2nd trimester due to some hormonal changes.  I'm just about 16 weeks, and I've noticed that the must-run-to-the-bathoom-RIGHT-NOW moments are happening less than they were a few weeks ago...like a couple times a week now instead of every day.  

I'm not sure there's a great solution.  I've been trying to make sure to re-hydrate myself, and to limit my consumption of greasy or sugary food.  (My MW recommended gatorade to replace lost electrolytes...I don't really like drinking artificial stuff, but I've used it a little bit).  Sorry you are dealing with this.  I hope it goes away soon!

Mom to DD born March 2010, and someone new March 2012

#3 of 4 Old 10-04-2011, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

It lasted throughout my first pregnancy, but yes, it did settle down a bit around the middle of my pregnancy.. but it kindof continued after I had my son too.. my bowel movements never really went back to normal.. I didnt have to run to the bathroom, but it was still not normal compared to before pregnancy. And now in my second pregnancy it doesnt happen everyday, but its bad when it does happen. It does seem to have calmed down, for today at least. Hopefully it stays that way.. Thanks :)

#4 of 4 Old 10-04-2011, 12:45 AM

I had that problem throughout my entire first pregnancy, and then at the beginning of the this one. Probiotics can help some, as can several cups of red raspberry leaf tea a day.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page