Guessing the baby's sex... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: And the verdict is...
Girl 9 31.03%
Boy 9 31.03%
Won't know until birth 10 34.48%
Would rather not say 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 49 Old 10-25-2011, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Guess: Boy
Appointment Date: Oct. 24
Its a...

US was yesterday.  It almost killed me, but I stuck to my guns and didn't ask her what the baby is.  It was so tempting, but DH and I both love the big announcement once the baby comes.  The heart rate was 136 so that's why I'm guessing boy.  My DDs always had rates in the 160s.  I know some people say that doesn't matter, but that's what I'm basing my guess on.

#32 of 49 Old 10-26-2011, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

#33 of 49 Old 10-30-2011, 05:25 PM

Congrats to everybody who has found out! 

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#34 of 49 Old 10-31-2011, 07:41 AM

Well, looks like my youngest was correct--we're having a *girl*!

Dh is still recovering from the shock of being wrong. lol.gif

#35 of 49 Old 10-31-2011, 11:21 AM

Guess: Girl

Appt. 10/26

Verdict: BOY

The funny part is that I kept referring to it with male pronouns, even though I really thought it was another girl.  Everyone at work guessed it was a boy, I was just about the only one who thought differently.  We're very excited, but at a loss for what to do with all the girl clothes we have stored from DD.  I think we're holding onto them in case there's a number 3...  

#36 of 49 Old 10-31-2011, 09:54 PM

What a fun thread. My dh always wants to know and finally on my third pregnancy I was able not to find out and then during the birth my mom yells before the feet hit the water "it's a boy!" we had two girls so far. I was so bummed after because I was in birthing trance and my girls still talk about Grandma doing that as they wanted to look themselves so now with this baby I wanted to have a real surprise. But dh wants to know, so if we decide to have the 20 wk scan I may just have the tech write it down for him only. Hmmmm

No guess so far as it has been hard bonding for some reason.....not even dreams. ;0(
#37 of 49 Old 11-01-2011, 11:24 AM

Guess: Girl (so sure a girl)

Appt: 11/1

Verdict: BOY

We are in shock! We totally thought we were having a girl (had the name all picked out and everything), but alas we are giving our son a baby brother. We are excited and now must find a name we can agree on. Two little boys!

Mom to two boys and expecting a babygirl.gif in May, 2014!
#38 of 49 Old 11-01-2011, 12:46 PM

Guess: girl
Appointment Date: Nov. 1st
Its a... girl! :)

well... the tech wasn't 100% so we still aren't totally sure. She said she thought it was a girl though ?!? :)

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

#39 of 49 Old 11-01-2011, 03:23 PM

We had our ultrasound on the 19th and the tech put the sex down on a piece of paper in an envelope.  I don't want to know, but DH does.  He did this with our first and looked about 4 weeks before the baby was born.  He didn't even tell me that he had looked, so he can keep a secret.  Unfortunately I think I lost the envelope ;)

Guess:  Boy

Due Date:  March 15th

I can't decide which I want.  We have a 7 year old boy, almost 4 year old girl.  Part of me wants another boy - my oldest is so sweet and still loves to snuggle, his sister not as much.  On the other hand, I love my sister so I sort of want my daughter to have a sister as well.

Nicole

Nicole, mama to a seven year old wonder and a three year old joy and caretaker to 3 kitties and 9 hens. 

#40 of 49 Old 11-01-2011, 03:53 PM

I had my ultrasound today, We had never found out before, but the kids really wanted to know! And it is nice to know right now:)

Guess: leaned towards BOY

It is A GIRL!!!!

Wow, two girls. My dd is a tornado, so I hope she is a little mellower:)

me, wife and mama to ds ('06) and dd ('07), my miracle dd ('12) and surprise ds (5/14) and to plenty pets!

twinsbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif2/11, lost another twin brokenheart.gif 8/11

#41 of 49 Old 11-01-2011, 04:13 PM

Guess: Girl (we are intuitively positive!)

Appt: 10/ 20

Verdict: didn't find out....

...which was SOOOO hard, especially when she said 'close your eyes as I am now going to check the gender".  why oh why do they say that??/?  it so badly made me want to peek at the chart!!!!!

:)

#42 of 49 Old 11-01-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeitX2 View Post

What a fun thread. My dh always wants to know and finally on my third pregnancy I was able not to find out and then during the birth my mom yells before the feet hit the water "it's a boy!" we had two girls so far. I was so bummed after because I was in birthing trance and my girls still talk about Grandma doing that as they wanted to look themselves so now with this baby I wanted to have a real surprise. But dh wants to know, so if we decide to have the 20 wk scan I may just have the tech write it down for him only. Hmmmm
No guess so far as it has been hard bonding for some reason.....not even dreams. ;0(

Aww, I feel bad that you guys had that moment stolen from you like that :( I would never have my mother at my births for pretty much that reason and just the fact that she would make it all about herself. I'm still not totally over the fact that she showed up at my wedding wearing her wedding dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolafanana View Post

Guess: Girl (we are intuitively positive!)

Appt: 10/ 20

Verdict: didn't find out....

...which was SOOOO hard, especially when she said 'close your eyes as I am now going to check the gender".  why oh why do they say that??/?  it so badly made me want to peek at the chart!!!!!

:)

I've never really understood why they need to know the gender if you don't want to know. I wouldn't want some random u/s tech knowing if I didn't know. I'd be afraid of them or the doctor accidentally letting it slip.

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#43 of 49 Old 11-02-2011, 07:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Dandy Lion -- My dd wanted to name our youngest George, and then when we told the kids about this baby, my 4 yo insisted that the baby would be named George.  But not George Shrinks or Curious George, because we don't want people getting mixed up.  I really like the name George, but I haven't started using that name to refer to the baby, because I don't want the kids to be disappointed when we don't use it, lol.

Appointment Date: 11/8
Its a...

I'm guessing boy because statistically speaking we are about 6% (IIRC) more likely to have a boy, based on the sexes we already have.  So I'm going with the odds.  Also, the only gender dream I've had so far was boy, so that's all I have to go on.

This will be the first time we're finding out, if the baby cooperates.  If it is a boy, we'll need the rest of the pregnancy to choose a name!

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#44 of 49 Old 11-02-2011, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

#45 of 49 Old 11-02-2011, 11:00 AM

Congrats!  And yes, they will try to trick you.  People constantly try to get us to reveal names by accident which is MUCH easier to remember than revealing gender.  Even so, once DH said our picked name in front of my mom, but she thankfully didn't notice.  :)

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

#46 of 49 Old 11-02-2011, 04:24 PM

Just start purposely using gender pronouns, but switch back and forth. That way if you slip, it won't be noticed.

#47 of 49 Old 11-02-2011, 08:53 PM

Rachelsmommy! What! Was she "trying" to be funny wearing her wedding dress at your wedding??? Wow.
#48 of 49 Old 11-08-2011, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Looks like going with the stats was a safe bet.  This little guy was wriggling around all over the place; the tech had a hard time getting the pictures she needed, but early on, she said he wasn't being shy about letting us know what he is, lol.  Apparently, he kept flashing his bottom at her through the whole exam.  She guessed that he wants to make sure we don't use any of our girl clothes on him, lol.

It should be easier for us to figure out a name now.  Though we won't decide 100% for sure until he's born, and we're not telling anyone before then, either.  We'll probably have a "probably" name, and then a couple of runner ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisen View Post

Appointment Date: 11/8
Its a... Boy!

I'm guessing boy because statistically speaking we are about 6% (IIRC) more likely to have a boy, based on the sexes we already have.  So I'm going with the odds.  Also, the only gender dream I've had so far was boy, so that's all I have to go on.

This will be the first time we're finding out, if the baby cooperates.  If it is a boy, we'll need the rest of the pregnancy to choose a name!

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#49 of 49 Old 11-10-2011, 10:00 PM

OK! I had my scan yesterday! I am so happy that everything looks great and my baby was so mellow. The placenta was verified up front on top of belly. So now wonder my movements are blocked. Bummer as this is my last baby and I love this part.

Anyway hubby knows what the baby is but the kids and I closed our eyes, ;0))))))

I hope to ave this one a surprise, finally.

Guessing: Girl
Scan 11/9/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page