Guessing the baby's sex... - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: And the verdict is...
Girl 9 31.03%
Boy 9 31.03%
Won't know until birth 10 34.48%
Would rather not say 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 49 Old 10-08-2011, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm totally stealing this idea from the February 2012 DDC, because it seems like such fun! If you want to see their thread, click here.

Since we're coming up on 20 weeks, I suspect that a lot of us will be having ultrasounds pretty soon. If you're planning on finding out the sex, sharing your guess(es) is a fun way to make the final few weeks until our appointments more bearable!

If you want to play along, make a post now, filling in your info, and giving any other details you want to share (why you think you're having a girl/boy, what you're hoping for, if anyone else in your life has a guess/opinion, etc.). After your ultrasound, come back and either update your post, or make a new one quoting your original post, so we can see if our guesses were accurate.

Already know? Go ahead and post anyway, and share whether you guessed right! Not planning on finding out until the birth? Feel free to post your guess, and we can resurrect the thread in around 5-6 months winky.gif.

I included a poll at the top so that we can keep track of how many boys and girls we're expecting in March!

And if anyone has any suggestions for improving the thread, feel free to post them!!

Guess:
Appointment Date:
Its a...

#2 of 49 Old 10-08-2011, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

#3 of 49 Old 10-08-2011, 07:11 PM

Guess: Girl

Appt date: 11/1

The verdict is.....

My husband is so convinced it's a girl, he won't even consider thinking about boy names.

Mom to two boys and expecting a babygirl.gif in May, 2014!
#4 of 49 Old 10-08-2011, 08:47 PM

Guess: Boy

Appt date: 10/14

The verdict is.....a girl!

We've been getting boy vibes the whole time, and we've been calling the baby George since conception. Hopefully we'll find out on Friday though!

I'm still completely in shock that it's a girl!

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

#5 of 49 Old 10-08-2011, 09:29 PM

Guess: Thought it might be a girl, but not 100%.

We had our scan two weeks ago, and it is a boy! I was right with DD, but not with this one.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#6 of 49 Old 10-09-2011, 08:13 AM

Guess: girl
Appointment Date: Nov. 1st
Its a...

My DW feels girl and she was right about DD. I'm not too sure but leaning towards girl at this point. Hoping to have a stronger sense before the ultrasound so I can have that 'yeah, I knew it!' feeling :)

Our rainbow1284.gif family: mommytea6.gif and DW mama luxlove.gif our 4.5 yr old DD 'Z' notes2.gif and 2 yr old DD 'S' femalesling.GIF and hoping for baby.gif

#7 of 49 Old 10-09-2011, 09:12 PM

Appt date: 9/25

The verdict is.....

I was right! Felt it was a girl from day one, and every single person who guess thought it was a girl. Would have been thrilled either way, but now that we know I must admit that I'm having a blast envisioning and dreaming. :)

Baking a cupcake at 98.6°. This little lady is due early March 2012.

***4***8***12***16****20***24***28***32*ecbaby.gif*36***40**

#8 of 49 Old 10-10-2011, 06:01 AM

Guess: boy
Appointment Date: 10/13/11
Its a...

I think this baby is another boy.  We already have three!  Everyone else is dying for a girl - there are no girls in this generation on either side of the family.  I would love a daughter but the idea also stresses me out a little since everyone will be so intense about it.  I've told several people that I think it is a boy and they think that is just my subconcious trying to prepare myself for disappointment if it isn't a girl.  I had no idea with ds1 but I knew ds2 was a boy.  Hopefully we'll actually get to see - both my boys had their legs spread wide open so there was no question at all!

treehugger.gif homemaker mama to jumpers.gif and stork-boy.gif due in March

#9 of 49 Old 10-10-2011, 10:10 AM

Guess:  Boy
Appointment Date:  October 19th - not finding out gender 

Its a...

Our anatomical scan is next week but we want it to be a surprise at the birth.  DH and I both have boy feelings and the dreams I've had so far have all been boy dreams.  We'll see! 

“He allowed himself to be swayed by his conviction that human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but that life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves.” 

- Gabriel García Márquez

#10 of 49 Old 10-10-2011, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

#11 of 49 Old 10-10-2011, 01:25 PM

Guess: Girl
Appointment Date: 10/20
Its a...

Obviously I don't know yet. I'm the only person that's thinking girl! Everyone thinks I'm having a boy this time, but I don't. I don't really have strong girl feelings either, but I don't really have any boy feelings. I can't wait to find out!

#12 of 49 Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 AM

I just can't bring myself to guess.

My youngest son is insistent that it's a girl.  My dh has jumped in to the fray, insisting it's a boy (and he's 3/3, as far as that goes).  We'll find out hopefully when I have my 20 week ultrasound.

#13 of 49 Old 10-12-2011, 12:23 PM

Guess:  Boy
Appointment Date:  10/17
Its a...  Girl

Can't wait til Monday morning!  I have been so bold early in the pregnancy to state that I am "100%" positive this is a boy.  These feelings of surety have been based on how I feel rather than intuition.  So far I have four girls and one boy.  All my girl pregnancies were extremely rough the WHOLE time.  MS never subsided til delivery.  The only pregnancy that I felt great with was my son, so that is why I have felt strongly that this is another boy, because I have felt so great.

Just got back from the U/s.  I am totally shocked that its a girl.  I felt positive.  But everything looks great and I am so excited for her!

#14 of 49 Old 10-14-2011, 02:18 AM

Guess: Boy
Appointment Date: 10/26
Its a...

I am not sure if we are going to see the gender in our next appointment, but I'm fine either way. My guess that this is a boy is based on the very different pregnancy that I'm having, but this as well may be due to the fact that I am 4 years older now smile.gif DD thinks it's a boy, everyone else thinks this is a boy.. We'll see!!

34 yr old mommy to Marina (4 Dec 07), excited for #2 in late March!
#15 of 49 Old 10-14-2011, 07:51 AM

Well, baby was twisted up like a pretzel so we couldn't see anything.  Dh was very disappointed but I think it will be fun to wait.  Plus I can have a really plain layette and no one will hassle me about adding color!  The only thing I will miss is naming the baby early - I like being able to call my boys by their names before they were born.

#16 of 49 Old 10-14-2011, 11:52 AM

Guess- Girl

Appt date- Not finding out until birth
Result-

I don't have any strong feelings either way, but DD insists it's a girl, so I'm going with that. With my other 2 I was right with both of them, except with DS, I had dreams about him being a girl a few weeks before he was born, so I started thinking that he might be a girl.

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#17 of 49 Old 10-14-2011, 02:10 PM

Appointment Date: 10-18
Its a...

DH is convinced it is a girl. I think so too but not as strongly as he does. I am so excited for tuesday. Not only do we hope for the big reveal, but that is the day we are finally telling the kids. They are going to be so excited.

#18 of 49 Old 10-14-2011, 07:08 PM

Appointment Date: 10/25

It's a....  GIRL!

I had a dream about a little girl before I got pregnant and have been getting girl vibes for a while now.  Can't wait to see if my intuition is correct.

#19 of 49 Old 10-16-2011, 06:30 AM

Guess: girl

Appointment Date:  10/25

Verdict: GIRL

So hard to say...this pregnancy has felt so different and my MIL guessed boy last time and was right and says girl this time...so we will see.  Because the pregnancy has been different, I'm guessing girl...but every pregnancy is different, so it may be another boy!  I have to say, I'm kind of freaked out by the idea of having a girl, so another boy would be FINE! :)  On the other hand, I kinda want to see what having a girl is like.  So...either way will be good!

ETA: u/s was today and there was no "junk" attached to the bottom of that baby (with DS it was SUPER obvious he was a boy), so the u/s tech says girl!  Neat to have one of each!!!

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.
#20 of 49 Old 10-17-2011, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

#21 of 49 Old 10-17-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighids Flame View Post

Congratulations! Are you continuing to call her George or have you started searching for a new name?

We have switched to Georgette. The official name search has begun though!

Happily married to my soul mate, and a mommy of two girls + another baby due in June!

5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40

#22 of 49 Old 10-17-2011, 08:32 PM

Guess: Boy, but it's probably a girl
Appointment Date: 10/22
Its a...

I have 2 DD's whom I love with all my heart. This third little bean was completely unexpected and honestly I'm hoping for a boy. DH would love to be a father to a boy. He's an awesome daddy to our girls. So I've been having boy leanings but I'm not sure if its because I want a boy or not. But I would also love another girl and I think we're just expecting to have another girl because well, the last 2 have been girls winky.gif  We weren't going to find out the sex but I have had a change of heart in the last week and now I really, really want to know.

Maegen, adventurous wife to DH, loving mom to my beautiful DD's and expecting another babe in March 2012!

#23 of 49 Old 10-18-2011, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

#24 of 49 Old 10-19-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:

Appointment Date: 10-18
Its a...

DH is convinced it is a girl. I think so too but not as strongly as he does. I am so excited for tuesday. Not only do we hope for the big reveal, but that is the day we are finally telling the kids. They are going to be so excited.

it is a girl! the kids are so excited they didn't know we were pregnant until yesterday. The u/s doc told them that the baby can see light and that they should play with a flashlight on my belly. Now all they do is chase me with a flashlight.

#25 of 49 Old 10-21-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycorinne View Post

Guess: Girl

Appointment Date: 10/20

Its a...

Obviously I don't know yet. I'm the only person that's thinking girl! Everyone thinks I'm having a boy this time, but I don't. I don't really have strong girl feelings either, but I don't really have any boy feelings. I can't wait to find out!

I had my anatomy scan yesterday and it's a boy!

#26 of 49 Old 10-21-2011, 01:58 PM

We had our anatomy scan today, and he's still a boy. smile.gif

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#27 of 49 Old 10-22-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Girl View Post

Guess: Boy, but it's probably a girlAppointment Date: 10/22Its a...

I have 2 DD's whom I love with all my heart. This third little bean was completely unexpected and honestly I'm hoping for a boy. DH would love to be a father to a boy. He's an awesome daddy to our girls. So I've been having boy leanings but I'm not sure if its because I want a boy or not. But I would also love another girl and I think we're just expecting to have another girl because well, the last 2 have been girls winky.gif  We weren't going to find out the sex but I have had a change of heart in the last week and now I really, really want to know.

Yep, it's a GIRL!! I am the tiniest bit disappointed but mostly really excited! It will be so fun to have 3 girls!! joy.gif

Maegen, adventurous wife to DH, loving mom to my beautiful DD's and expecting another babe in March 2012!

#28 of 49 Old 10-22-2011, 08:29 PM

Appointment Date: 10-29
Its a...GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 2 boys and although I cannot imagine having a girl, every time I imagine the baby, it is as a girl.  My mom also said she has strong girl feelings for this one.  I told my DH that I may be crazy, but if it isn't a girl - I may want another one just to even out the number and maybe get a girl.  He thinks I am crazy and said he just doesn't want to wait another 4 years for our 4th (all my kids are 4 years apart) - I agree with him....on both ideas.

I didn't even realize how excited I would be, but I am OVER the moon excited!!!

#29 of 49 Old 10-23-2011, 09:15 AM

Appointment Date: Oct. 27
Its a... BOY!

I actually don't really have a strong feeling about this one. I KNEW with both my boys. But this time, I've been far sicker than I ever was with the boys, I am barely showing at 22 weeks and have lost insane amounts of weight (over 30 lbs.) and have virtually no cravings. It's just very different from the first two, so I'm thinking maybe a girl. 

My husband insists it is another boy and I'm a bit worried that he's going to be really disappointed if it's a girl. :S I'll be happy with either. I'd love another boy, but a girl would be interesting and different. Everyone else, the in-laws, friends and my family, all think it's a girl. My mom even made a dress! 

Should also add that we did have an ultrasound and the baby was all tucked up under my hip bone so we couldn't see a darn thing. The doctor poked a bit but the baby was obviously asleep and would just stretch out an arm and then curl up again. Sigh. 

Added: We had a 4D scan yesterday and everything is fine with the baby. Definitely a boy! I'm soooo happy, I've always wanted a house full of boys, so this is perfect. My mom is sad and my oldest son really wanted a baby sister, but hey, little boys rock. I was surprised that my MIL wasn't upset, since she's been harping on us to have a girl from the first baby!

#30 of 49 Old 10-24-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageR View Post

Well, baby was twisted up like a pretzel so we couldn't see anything.  Dh was very disappointed but I think it will be fun to wait.  Plus I can have a really plain layette and no one will hassle me about adding color!  The only thing I will miss is naming the baby early - I like being able to call my boys by their names before they were born.

We had a little accident this weekend which was fine but I did get a scan and it's another boy!  My dh is very disappointed and my sister almost cried over not getting a niece but I'm happy.  I like my boys :)  It is going to be much harder to pick a name, though!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page