Mothering Forum banner

Movement

1K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  bluebutterfly 
#1 ·
I'm about 16w5d. When I started feeling movement about a week or so ago, I felt certain, unmistakeable movement, no flutters, but definite roll, twist, kick feelings. It doesn't happen constantly but it is still odd. I expected it to start with flutters, slight movements, etc. And the movement feels higher than I expected, sometimes around even with my belly button.

What kinds of movement are you feeling and how far along are you?

#2 ·
I'm 17 weeks and my 3rd pregnancy. Compared to my last pregnancy where I was feeling daily kicks, rolls etc at this point I'm feeling almost nothing. I feel little tiny taps every other day or so but nothing signifigant at all. When I can find the heartbeat on the fetoscope it's really loud (to me) so I'm thinking it's not the placenta in the front that is causing me to feel hardly any movement so I'm not sure why...just a mellow baby???

#3 ·
I'm 15 weeks with my 4th pregnancy (twins this time!) and for the last week or so I've been feeling flutters. Usually early in the morning, or before I go to bed. I love it:)

#4 ·
I felt definite movement with DD and this pregnancy around 14 weeks. Now it is a little inconsistent, but he's pretty active when I eat or try to sleep. At 16 weeks your uterus is pretty close to the belly button, so I can see why you feel it around there.

#5 ·
I *think* I feel movement but every time I stop and really pay attention to what I'm feeling, it goes away! :( I am yearning so badly to feel this baby!!!

#8 ·
I didn't feel movement until 22 weeks with my 1st pregnancy. At my 20 week anatomy scan, the tech explained that the location of my placenta made it harder for me to feel movement early on. Maybe this is what is happening with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniHerschen View Post

Im 19 weeks, and still haven't felt the baby move. Its my first baby and everyone says that its normal not to feel it yet, but ugh its just so frustrating!
This time I was surprised to feel flutters around 15/16 weeks. Although maybe it helps that its my 2nd time now and so I recognized the flutters were not just digestion! At 19 weeks I'm feeling occasional kicks and jabs. And baby always moves a lot when I'm trying to fall asleep!

#10 ·
For those that haven't felt anything, drinking some juice and laying down might help. At first it is usually pretty faint, and might feel like a little fishy or gas. Placenta location may or may not play a part in how much you feel. I don't think it did with me with DD, but I maybe I would have felt it more had the placenta been posterior. With DD she felt like a bouncy ball at first, with DS it felt like a little fish. I'm pretty sure we're getting some hiccups now. That feels really strange - like rhythmic taps.

#11 ·
Hi Ladies

It has been forever it seems since I have been on.....We just moved into a new rental last week so between packing and all the details and worrying about the baby I have stayed away.

This is a great thread and I hope some more moms post. This is baby #4 for me and I felt tickles as early as 12 & 13 wks. Then nothing for 6wks. I have been still interviewing mw and just last week saw one that I met before to check my size and h/b but the night before I went I had a thought that my placenta was anterior and that would block movements now that it has moved into position. She did think she can hear it on her fetoscope. She did get a good h/b and when she was feeling my uterus for size I got two kicks for the first time. It was so awesome and reassuring and surprising the baby was startled. My uterus also is tipped back so it took a long time for me to show and that concerned me as well.

On top of all this I had that bleeding at 11wks.

Now I should go on the u/s digest because I don't like having them but seeing how everything cks out for my home birth would be nice.

;0)

#12 ·
I started feeling litte rolls and flutters at 16 weeks and much more definite kicks around 18 weeks. Around 20 weeks I went just over 48 hours with no movement and was started to get stressed out because this is one active baby I was feeling at least 5 min of activity every hour or so. Right when I was about to call to make an appointment he started going crazy again. He has been really active ever since but man was that scary.

Edited to add that I have an anterior placenta and I figure he was just in that area for the 48 hours and now he is big enough that most of his movement is felt in multiple places at once.

#13 ·
Al this kicks I have felt have been in one place, on my left somewhat close to my hip. For a couple weeks i have been sure they are kicks. But now i have doubts! They are always in the same place and somewhat associated with after I eat times.

Could I just be feeling gas bubbles? :sheepish:

#17 ·
Movements are getting stronger all of the time... I'm 24 weeks with my first and I can still only feel movements from the outside every once in a while. I think it's because I have a fair amount of adipose tissue on my belly. Baby has a nickname though, flashdancebaby. Moves like a maniac

#18 ·
I've got a fair amount of adipose tissue as well. I can see it more than feel it. My uterus is far over to the right, though, so I can actually feel it near my side.

#19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by biffer View Post

I started feeling litte rolls and flutters at 16 weeks and much more definite kicks around 18 weeks. Around 20 weeks I went just over 48 hours with no movement and was started to get stressed out because this is one active baby I was feeling at least 5 min of activity every hour or so. Right when I was about to call to make an appointment he started going crazy again. He has been really active ever since but man was that scary.

Edited to add that I have an anterior placenta and I figure he was just in that area for the 48 hours and now he is big enough that most of his movement is felt in multiple places at once.
This is how it's been for me the past week or two as well. There have been long stretches of little to very light movement interspersed with lots of wiggles and squirms. I also have an anterior placenta - it must be why. With my first, my placenta was posterior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.