Cramping anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 10-29-2011, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my doctor says it normal to have menstrual like cramping in lower abdomen and it's not an issue unless there's bleeding. Everything was fine a week ago at 18 week us. Anyone else have them? I don't recall them being so annoying but I guess they can be worse with subsequent and I had a csection.
Anyway, on my way to a warm bath but would love to hear I'm not alone!
#2 of 12 Old 10-29-2011, 04:21 PM

I get them too. Like my uterus is tired after a long day.

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

#3 of 12 Old 10-30-2011, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I get them sometimes, too.  Mostly if I've been exerting myself too much.  They're never really painful, just kind of achy.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#4 of 12 Old 10-30-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisen View Post

I get them sometimes, too.  Mostly if I've been exerting myself too much.  They're never really painful, just kind of achy.

yeahthat.gif

Also after sex.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#5 of 12 Old 10-30-2011, 05:00 PM

YES, I have too! It started out as just tightening like when I get up out of bed but now it's just random and it sometimes feels like menstrual cramps. This is my 3rd so I assumed it was because of that. It's not because I've done too much or dehydrated...just how my body is acting this time around.

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.
#6 of 12 Old 11-05-2011, 03:55 AM

Just wanted to reply back that since I started drinking my raspberry leaf tea there have been almost no tightening and none that are like menstrual cramps. I forgot how much RRL helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugginhippie View Post

YES, I have too! It started out as just tightening like when I get up out of bed but now it's just random and it sometimes feels like menstrual cramps. This is my 3rd so I assumed it was because of that. It's not because I've done too much or dehydrated...just how my body is acting this time around.

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.
#7 of 12 Old 11-05-2011, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Interesting! I thought rrl was for later in pregnancy? I realized mine was mostly due to a badly timed cough/cold. I think it's right when my muscles and ligaments were really starting to stretch I over worked them with my cough. Took me awhile to find the correlation just happened to notice how hard my lower belly muscles get worked when i cough. It's been much better this week.
#8 of 12 Old 11-06-2011, 12:29 AM

I've had them the whole time, off and on.  When the doc asked if they were as strong as menstrual cramps I laughed at her - my menstrual cramps get worse than some women's labor contractions!  (My system is... kinda screwed up.)  For my personal "abdominal pain" scale, they've been mild.

The weird ones have been when I shift positions in bed, or stand up suddenly.  I swear, it feels like my uterus moves, and every muscle from my ribcage down freaks out and spasms to hold it in place.  It's odd.

Oh!  And I've been getting braxton hicks since about 13 weeks, though those don't hurt at all - just another weird sensation I don't know how to put into words (I'm constantly trying to describe the various physical sensations of pregnancy to my dh and brothers, and failing utterly).  They freaked me out at first, but apparently they're normal from about eight weeks on - just too weak for most women to sense them.

I don't think I'd be feeling so much if I weren't so... in tune, I suppose, with my abdominal cavity.  I've had health problems my whole life, and have been able to self diagnose things based on placement, degree, and type of pain (which has actually been difficult, as my organs shift the sensations are coming in different spots, and making it hard to know what's going on).

#9 of 12 Old 11-06-2011, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah why cant all the cramping etc be saved for the end! I'm always pushing the little guyvaround whenever i think I feel anything odd to make sure I get some movement out of him. Feeling the samevsort of cramps this morning. Last night I was sitting kind of awkwardly and little one must not have liked it, I almost got a shocking situation, assuming it was just some big mvementbfrom him but it was kinda freaky!
#10 of 12 Old 11-06-2011, 02:30 PM

You can take RRL at any point, really. The evidence that you shouldn't take it in the first trimester is pretty faulty. It won't start contractions. It works by calming or toning the uterus as needed. I sip on it throughout the day and make sure to get at least two cups in.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#11 of 12 Old 11-09-2011, 10:01 AM

I need to see if I can find some RRL . . . I've had some pretty unpleasant cramps lately. Very similar to menstrual cramps. Walking around tends to bring them on, especially if I hit the market and am hiking all over the place for the perfect potato, lol. The baby seems to feel them, too, because he is always kicking away when they're worst. I'm wondering if it might not be partly his position (he never moves up above the halfway point of my uterus, preferring to hang out down in the pelvic region) that is putting extra pressure on the uterus. Who knows! Glad I'm not the only one, though!

#12 of 12 Old 11-09-2011, 06:40 PM

Glad to know it's not abnormal!  I seem to get mild menstrual like cramps when I'm tired or a little dehydrated.  I have also started getting more "muscle aches" sort of feelings in my lower abdomen; I figured it was from everything stretching out more and more down there...

Birthed a beautiful baby boy, Ethan, 11/11/09.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page