Vent: Everyone thinks I've gone silly because I'm pregnant - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-16-2011, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Grr, just because I forget to grab the milk on the way home from work, it's "Don't worry Liz, it's just 'preggie brain'."  Happens at work too! If I forget to pick up my printing off the printer, it's 'preggie brain'.

I suppose it's funny in a way, but at the same time, it's as though every time I'm forgetful, it's because of the baby, rather than just being human?

Lol, while I'm at it, at work, when everyone is eating their morning tea, and so am I, it's hilarious because 'Liz is eating again' because 'Liz is pregnant, Liz is always eating".  What they forget is that Liz is a foodie and eats all the time, even when she's not pregnant :-)

30 years old,  part time wheelchair.gif,  Living in Australia with my DH and belly.gif with IVF bubba #1 after a long long time of ttc.  Very grateful we've made it this far.  Due March 2012

I enjoy these activities:  sewmachine.gif     crochetsmilie.gif       geek.gif        greenthumb.gif

Planning on  bfinfant.gif      femalesling.GIF    cd.gif   

#2 of 4 Old 11-17-2011, 02:36 PM

i hate that, too.  i am moody by nature but now a little more so BUT even when i have VALID reasons for being pissy or annoyed at someone or something, I hear how "hormonal" i am, as if i am not allowed to FEEL anything but happy happy joy joy feelings!

#3 of 4 Old 11-18-2011, 07:41 PM

I don't get that much this time, but OH man it p'd me off when I was working full time. I'd get upset because I was vomiting 8 times a day and was seriously sick while still trying to work, and then some customer would scream at me on the phone. Who WOULDN'T get upset? Who wouldn't get ticked off if you're sitting there struggling just to keep water down and still working at full speed, and a coworker is getting away with doing nothing? Of course, we're women and "hormonal" so it is okay to write off how we feel, even if it is genuine.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#4 of 4 Old 11-18-2011, 08:19 PM

I am 14 weeks pregnant and I find that I am often forgetful because I suffer what I call "Mommy Brain" which I also have a 2 year old son. I get clumsy, or people ask me if i would like their lunch they didnt eat or things like that because...well lets face it i am eating more.. I think that people dont realize the things they say about women & "pregnant tendancies" until they go through those experiences themselves.

For another situaiton, One thing I think is absolutely hilarious is when you announce pregnancy and everyone "knew it" or ask you if your excited...well yes.. if i announced it i am obvoiusly excited.. I diagnose myself with Mommy brain since i had my son and I live by that. :) Good luck with your pregnancy! :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page