Hip Pain - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-16-2011, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ugh, what is with my hips suddenly?  I'm just 22 weeks but I feel about like I did at maybe 28-30 with #1.   My hips ache and don't want to get moving at times.  Today I bent down to fix DS's shoe at the store and thought I wasn't going to get back up. 

lol.gif

I hope this doesn't progressively get worse from now 'til birth!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 07:44 AM

No fun!  I am having joint issues too.  Have you tried doing pelvic tilt exercises?  Yoga squats might do something for you, but maybe not if your joints are already loose!

Old 11-17-2011, 01:29 PM

I'm having such bad hip problems this pregnancy too!  The midwife just hooked me up with a great chiropractor (who's wife just had a homebirth and he asks how my birth plans are going each time... so sweet!) and I think it will make all the difference for me.  Both hips had actually stopped rotating leaving me waddling like a penguin half of the time.  Yoga helped for me at first, but I was getting to the point where I was having unusual pinchings and discomforts from it and couldn't get my spine to bend.  I had my first adjustment today and I'm walking and bending much better.  Chiro work during pregnancy also guards against breech babies, FWIW....

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

Old 11-18-2011, 02:05 AM - Thread Starter

I haven't tried any exercises or anything since I wasn't sure what to do.  Once I'm moving things are fine but if I sit down, lay down, stoop down, etc., getting going again can be difficult.  It's accompanied by round ligament pain at times too.  What I'm wondering is if it might be SPD.   I didn't think I had a lot of pubic bone pain but realized today as I was slowly trying to get into the car that some of the hip pain might be radiating out from there.   Anyway, it's not horribly disrupting to life right now but I did wonder if there were things I should be doing to keep it from getting worse.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:10 AM

I have the same issue.  For me, i think it's due to being 30 pounds heavier at my starting pregnancy weight than I was with my first pregnancy (this is my 3rd). 

That said and whatever the reason it is happening for you, I just asked my midwife about it on Monday.  Her suggestions were to drink more water, regular chiropractic care and yoga.  Then she suggested i try melatonin, additional flax seed oil (i am a vegetarian, so no fish oil for me)  and a whole bunch of other remedies I can't think of right now.  It's hard to drink more water than i already am but i am trying.  i just started chirpractic care, too since the baby is breach. 

good luck with it- i hope it eases up for you!

Diana

Old 11-19-2011, 07:00 AM

I'm having the same issue.  Feeling lots of pubic bone separation already, too.  And my sacrum?  Oh man, it is awful!  I'm starting with my chiro on Monday, though, so I'm hoping it helps!!  This is my 3rd pregnancy.  :)

Catherine and B stillheart.gif DS1 (6) biggrinbounce.gif DD (4) loveeyes.gif DS2 (1) drool.gif and expecting #4 shamrocksmile.gif on March 17, 2014.  
Old 11-19-2011, 10:43 AM

I just mentioned this to my husband this morning! I feel like I'm constantly flipping from one side to the other all night because the soreness actually wakes me up. I don't remember this with DD this early. I'm about 24 weeks. I think with DD it started around 30something weeks.

Mom to DD 12/2009; married to wonderful hubby 1/07.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:42 AM

LADIES!!!!!! I have had severe issues with SPD my last pregnancy and this one. I saw a chiro weekly my last pregnancy. Recently my midwife read an article which suggests taking lecithin supplements or eating more eggs to help with SPD. I did start to notice on the days that I ate eggs I was a lot more comfortable, but cannot eat that much eggs all the time.

I bought Sunflower Lecithin supplements (they also have egg derived and soy derived versions) and let me tell you I am a brand new woman! I have NO pain and can walk/move like a normal person! This is the one I bought:  http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Sunflower-Soft-gels-100-Count/dp/B003BHSXPS

There is a little bit of info about it on the internet if you google SPD and lecithin together. GOOD LUCK! I love it! It actually works better than the expensive adjustments.

Mother of two boys and a stork-boy.gif on the way!

Old 11-23-2011, 03:07 PM

I am happy it helped you....but I eat 2-3 eggs  (from my own absolutely free range chickens) a day and I have SPD and i doesn't help me.....

I was at the chiro 3xweek  and it made it bearable.

This time I actually do certain exercises and am at the chiro 1x a week so far and I am holding up. Just soreness, but nothing too severe. But I know this will change in the next 10 weeks:(

My pubic bone is completly seperated at this point, how will lecithin help this, it seems a structural problem? I really want to understand, I want the solution to be that easy.....

me, wife and mama to ds ('06) and dd ('07), my miracle dd ('12) and surprise ds (5/14) and to plenty pets!

twinsbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif2/11, lost another twin brokenheart.gif 8/11

User Tag List