The Incredible Shrinking Stomach - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-19-2011, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I woke up this morning and my belly is SMALL. As in, half the size it was yesterday. I can see my toes (I'm 30 weeks)!!! The baby is still bopping around in there like normal, though I think he turned head down a few days ago since I seem to be getting a lot of kicks to the ribcage, but it doesn't feel like he's dropped yet. Anyone else had this happen this late in the game? Any ideas as to what causes this oddity? Not that I'm complaining!

#2 of 5 Old 12-19-2011, 09:35 PM

Wow. Sorry to hear about your odd morning size change. Did you also have a BM that morning too? Glad to hear you feel that baby still. Also have you been leaking fluids?

So curious to hear if you regained your size thru out the day. I still go thru this at 26 wks especially mornings and with a tilted uterus.
#3 of 5 Old 12-22-2011, 01:29 PM

It could be a few things. Baby switching positions, baby engaging early, emptying your bowels if you've been constipated, etc. Leaks can do that as well, but it doesn't sound like you're worried about that.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#4 of 5 Old 03-04-2012, 12:39 AM

Some foods make me bloated and on mornings that I wake up and haven't had those specific foods the night before, my belly looks significantly smaller. It usually (but  not always) begins to look a little bigger as the day wears on.

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
#5 of 5 Old 03-04-2012, 01:46 AM

To me the difference is very obvious if I eat low carb or not. When I stick to low carb I feel great and look small. Even one day (sometimes one meal) changes this completely.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page