How about a February March 2012 thread!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 02-28-2012, 06:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

8inTulgeyWood - My first babe was very jaundiced (got up to 19) and sleepy.  We just woke her to nurse and really tried to get her to eat as much as possible.  It was nervewracking, but my Dr. was supportive of nursing and she got over it.  I would agree that it got worse until maybe a week old?  She didn't get back to birth weight until 4 weeks.   I think I took her in to a support group to be weighed twice a week.  Their encouragement really helped. 

Sorry your ped. was not very informative/reassuring.  I think that as baby grows/matures they can outgrow a slight murmur, so maybe that is why he was not too concerned.

JMJ - glad to hear you are happy with your swimsuit!  We won't have everything for our taxes until after babe, that is one thing I am afraid will slip thru the cracks during the exhaustion period!  

AFM - I have my 38 week appt. this morning, and have agreed to an internal exam (I know, not a good predictor of anything...).  I thought I lost some plug in the last couple days, so we will see if anything is going on, and make decision on what to do with my medication.  My DD has been acting up, not sure if it's my moodiness rubbing off on her, or just normal 2 y.o. behavior.  The drywall guys are done in our basement, so now DH wants to hire painters instead of doing it ourselves.  At this point, I don't really care! 

#32 of 38 Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

WOW I have been BUSY. Well actually I had 7 children all last week and then basically I am just not allowed to ever use the comp anymore. Its in the living room hooked to the living room TV. So basically between each child getting a turn I don't!

Recently I have pelvic pain and lower back pain. I also felt like I might throw up this morning. I didn't and seem to have come out of that fine. Here is hoping.  I did a short walk to the Post Office but nothing more. I didn't figure it wise to pull out my just dance moves with back pain.

So how are you feeling? Anyone that did get check dialated. (I refused.) I am GBS positive however and I guess that means I am to rinse with hibicleanse during labor. Anyone just feel in disbelief that we have come so far? OMGOSH I don't even believe is happening! Still no boys name only a girls name. No idea who baby is of course;) I kind of like Mason or Max however.

Well just checking in.

Living a life like no one else, with my husband, and all our children
#33 of 38 Old 02-28-2012, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

BTW congrats 8 in tugley!! Nolan was jaundice but not nearly that bad. He was 5 days over our EDD. He use to sit in his bouncer in the window so the light could help break down the biliruben for him. So not bad at all. I hope you can get some good advice on that! WOW a baby in our group!!! How exciting!

#34 of 38 Old 02-28-2012, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

I put an ice pack on my pubic bone when I was really bad, and it felt great, but word of warning, I left it in place so long that I think the baby could feel it,  her head was right there pushed against it.  She actually started turning so hard I thought she was going to flip breech.  I removed it and all was well, but it made me wonder if you could use an ice pack on the head of a breech baby and get them to flip head down, though the tissue is thicker up top so the effect might not be the same

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^LOL with my last baby (09) the midwife suggested that I take a frozen bag of peas and stick them on the top of my belly and sit in a warm bath. So probably! I never got that desperate as he turned however. With this baby there was really no concern. Baby turned with plenty of time.

#35 of 38 Old 02-29-2012, 09:33 AM
JMJ

8inTulgeyWood, babies are so different, so I'm really not sure how she can say that all her clients' babies regained their birth weight by a week.  10 days-2 weeks is average for a full-term baby.  Do you hear/see your baby swallowing when she nurses?  Are you getting at least 5-6 wet and at least 3-4 quarter + sized poops per day?  If so, I wouldn't worry at all.

Sh118, my almost 3-year-old has had a lot of rough days recently.  It's strange.  I go back and forth between being so impressed with how well she's handling everything and horrified with how she's not listening and has had potty regressions (she's been in panties for a year and a half).  I think she's really picking up on my stress, and she's being really mature about it in some ways, but in other ways, she's really struggling with it.  Last week was just so insane here.  I'm really not sure how we made it through.  Hopefully, things will calm down some soon as we get more ready.

3timesamom, tell me when your due date is again.  I can't believe that tomorrow is our month!  It really hit me last weekend when I hit 37 weeks that technically, it could be any time...

#36 of 38 Old 02-29-2012, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

March 14th.

Busy today too. We made Whoopie pies for dessert and home made bread is on its way for dinner. DD will be pleased. She LOVES it. Takes all day to cook all that though. Oh well its probably one of the last meals I will be making for a while;)

Hope everyone is feeling great today. No sense feeling like yuck! I did do just dance today but it was to much. I walked to the PO and a little around town. Now we are all back home. Still working of course (doing daycare.) I hope I can just keep up the pace for a while longer. 14 days until my due date today! Tomorrow is MARCH!

#37 of 38 Old 02-29-2012, 09:02 PM

Hey ladies! 

8inTulgeyWood-  Ugh, I can imagine how frustrating that must be to hear all those comments when nothing can actually be done.  I'd worry too, and not be happy about it!  I think you have some really great advice from the other ladies about the birth weight and jaundice.  I hope your sleeping improves too.  Make sure you take that extra nap, even if you think you don't need it! 

Sh118-  good luck with the painting! I hope it gets done asap so you can get some peace back before baby.  My 4 yr old has been super intense lately, I really hope it's going to pass soon!

3timesamom- sorry about the pain :( Mines just getting progressively worse but someone was nice enough to lend me a support belt.  Lets hope it works!  Hows sleeping for you?

I can't believe it's March either.  I am 37.2 weeks now and I look ginormous.  The baby doesn't feel too big, I just look like I'm going to tip over.

We just got back from our tradeshow tonight.  It was crazy, I worked way too many hours and my feet were killing me but we made it home and I'm still pregnant.  So glad for that.  17 hours in a car each way is not cool.  I don't recommend it!

Over all it was a great trip and a success. Just feeling really worn out now and ready to be done with everything and just veg out for the next 3+ weeks (not possible sadly).

Lots of "you're huge" pregnancy comments lately.   I still haven't had much of a celebratory acknowledgement for this pregnancy from anyone, and so it makes me feel like I'm just a giant balloon waiting to pop instead of being honored for pregnancy/beauty's sake.  Not sure if that makes sense but I feel like hiding out for the rest of my pregnancy now.  

Now that I am home, I feel like the baby could arrive any second.  Not that I'm in labor... but before I was really willing this little one to behave while I did the show and got home.  Now that I'm here I can feel myself on edge all of a sudden but at least I feel safe about it.  Probably sounds weird but I can't help it.  

Midwife appnt is tomorrow, I'm sure everything is going to be the same as always, I just hope I don't have high BP- it was high for a little bit there (not normal for me at all).  Anyways, good to be back.    

Lisa- mom to 3, expecting our 4th in March IHhbac.gif

#38 of 38 Old 03-01-2012, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1346680/well-march-mommies-its-march-come-chat#post_16896590

A MARCH thread for those MARCH mommas and babies!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page