I've come unplugged! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-16-2012, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all! Due March 17th. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I know all pretnancies are supposed to be different but I am concerned. I lost my mucous plug day before yesterday. I know that doesn't mean much but I've been more uncomfortable since this happened. My braxton hicks contractions are becoming slightly painful instead of just a tightening. My water hasn't broken yet but I just have this feeling this baby is going to be early. My last was early and was a stillborn so...I'm trying to remain calm but I am slowly freaking out. Help?
#2 of 8 Old 02-16-2012, 05:11 AM

Sending you hugs - if babe is coming early, what would reassure you that the baby is healthy and well? Can you get some time with your caregiver today to talk about what to do if you go into labour this early to keep check on you and the baby?

I'm so sorry about your loss. I hope that the caregivers around you go every extra mile to support you in this birth.

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

#3 of 8 Old 02-16-2012, 06:03 AM

I'm so sorry about your last loss!  I can't imagine going through that.  My last labor was difficult and I am having a hard time not getting anxious about this birth because of that.  I can't imagine how much harder it would be for you to prepare.

I actually lost my mucous plug about 2 weeks ago, at 35 weeks.  I don't think much about it because it seems to be what my body does.  I dilate and efface early, but have always carried to term.

I am having painful contrax as well, but not regularly.  Usually I have a few during the night that are strong enough to wake me up.  I think with every pregnancy my body has needed more prep as the uterus had been stretched more and is trying to tone up for the big day.

You should talk to your caregiver too to make reassure you and make sure all is well.

I have listened to some relaxation/meditation cd's that have helped when I am feeling anxious.  I know stress for me triggers contractions.

Hugs, and wishing you the best.  Keep us updated.

#4 of 8 Old 02-16-2012, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you both very much you are very sweet. The doctor says the baby is healthy and strong. And I know this too. This was also not the case with my son. I will call thedoctor today though and tell her my concerns. I'm probably just being a worry wart! But I appreciate your care ladies I will definately keep you posted!
#5 of 8 Old 02-18-2012, 12:51 AM

I lost my plug at 36 weeks with my daughter, but never went into labor before I had a c-section at 39 weeks. If it is too early, the plug will grow back.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#6 of 8 Old 02-18-2012, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you camera girl! that gives me some peace of mind. Also! That thing about the plug growing back is just crazy! I've never heard that before that is just nuts!!!! And so cool. We as woman are a wonder. Our bodies are a miracle. And what we're doing is a miracle growing a baby and bringing it into the world. Sometimes that's all that gets me through the day.
#7 of 8 Old 02-20-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beansmommy 87 View Post

Thank you camera girl! that gives me some peace of mind. Also! That thing about the plug growing back is just crazy! I've never heard that before that is just nuts!!!! And so cool. We as woman are a wonder. Our bodies are a miracle. And what we're doing is a miracle growing a baby and bringing it into the world. Sometimes that's all that gets me through the day.

I've actually read it is possible for a woman to lose/regain her plug multiple times. :)

#8 of 8 Old 02-21-2012, 08:15 AM

Like me!  I've lost it 3 times this pregnancy.  Sometimes it can get dislodged while DTD or if you dilate or efface a bit.  It's just a mucus barrier.  If you lose it with your first, that can be more telling, but with later children it doesn't mean much.  I'm so sorry about your loss!  :(  I'm glad to hear this baby is doing well! 

Beansmommy 87 likes this.

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page