My Baby Arrived! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 02-19-2012, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My baby girl was born this morning at home!  I am surprised she came so early.  I wasn't due for 17 days.

I had lots of contrax throughout the evening on Sat, but didn't think much of them.  They weren't any different from what i normally experience.  I did time them though, and they kept coming every 2-10 minutes for a couple hours, then almost totally went away by 11 pm.  I fell asleep til 2:00 am when a rockin contraction woke me up.  I got up and staggered to the bathroom and on the way I felt a little leak.  When I sat down I could see that I did indeed leak a little amniotic fluid.  I told DH and midwife and took a really long shower.  Then I kneeled on my knees and rested my upper body on my pillow on my cedar chest at the foot of my bed.  I went back and forth from here to the toilet, to laying on the bed.  When midwife first arrived and checked me I was a 6 cm and 100%.  The contrax were pretty intense and I had to focus hard to stay loose and relax, but I could do it and that made me glad.  In the last few minutes I could start to feel the pressure and slight urge to push during the contrax.  Then I had a whooper contrax and pushing was no longer an option.  I quickly moved from hands and knees to side lying.  In one indescribably intense minute she was out, I believe all in the same contraction.  It was very tough and in my mind her head took forever.  Then I felt her shoulders slowly rotate and and finally her body slid out.  That has got to be the very best feeling in the world.  She was immediately laid on my chest, covered in vernix (my first to have any noticeable ernix), and let out some little cries.  15 minutes later she latched on great and nursed with a good strong suck.  Its been hard to get any rest because she seems to be pretty demanding in letting me know what she wants.

Even after 6 times I am just in awe at the miracle of birth.  I am so filled with gratitude that she is here and healthy, and also not to be pregnant!

It was 10 minutes shy of 2 hours from when my water broke til the birth.

She weighs 7.3 and is 20.5 inches.

photo (10).JPGv

#2 of 17 Old 02-20-2012, 12:31 AM

Beautiful birth story and beautiful little girl.  Congratulations! 

(My first came baby came about 15 days early and also had some vernix.)

#3 of 17 Old 02-20-2012, 06:38 AM

YEA!!!!! I'm so happy for you, and she is beautiful joy.gif

#4 of 17 Old 02-20-2012, 06:41 AM

What a sweet girl!  Are you sharing her name?

Sounds like you had a good labor.  Had you planned on pushing in side lying position?

Congratulations =).  I hope you can get some rest!

#5 of 17 Old 02-20-2012, 01:29 PM

Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful birth and she is just darling and beautiful.

We're all getting closer mamas!

Mother of two boys and a stork-boy.gif on the way!

#6 of 17 Old 02-20-2012, 03:41 PM

Congratulations! joy.gif

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#7 of 17 Old 02-20-2012, 04:27 PM

Congrats!  She's beautiful!

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

#8 of 17 Old 02-20-2012, 05:41 PM

Wow what a rush you had with cx to pushing very neat. Amazing and so happy for you. ;o) She is so cute!
#9 of 17 Old 02-20-2012, 05:42 PM

Wow what a rush you had with cx to pushing very neat. Amazing and so happy for you. ;o) She is so cute!
#10 of 17 Old 02-20-2012, 05:42 PM

#11 of 17 Old 02-20-2012, 05:51 PM

#12 of 17 Old 02-20-2012, 05:51 PM

#13 of 17 Old 02-21-2012, 10:53 AM

yay! Congratulations!

#14 of 17 Old 02-21-2012, 10:41 PM

She is so beautiful! Congratulations!! What a ride! Your story makes me really excited, thank you for sharing and I hope you are both doing great :)

Lisa- mom to 3, expecting our 4th in March IHhbac.gif

#15 of 17 Old 02-22-2012, 01:35 AM

Congratulations!  Enjoy your babymoon!

Nicole, mama to a seven year old wonder and a three year old joy and caretaker to 3 kitties and 9 hens. 

#16 of 17 Old 02-24-2012, 04:46 PM
JMJ

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! What a beautiful little girl!  I hope you're feeling better with your baby on the outside.

#17 of 17 Old 02-24-2012, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to thank you all for the well wishes and let you know I am still thinking about you all!  It won't be long now til you have your babies in your arms.  I know how tough those last weeks are and it is still just so surreal to me that she is here and I am no longer pregnant.

I am feeling great and so optimistic that this will be a smooth recovery.  Last time I couldn't even walk comfortably for weeks after birth.  My hips felt better immediately after birth this time.  Its amazing. Also no more heartburn!  Also I think this is my best adjustment as far as nipple soreness and after pains, which I despise.  And first time not needing stitches!!!

Sh118, you asked if I planned on delivering in the side lying position...  no, my last two homebirths I naturally went to h&k, so i figured I likely would again.  And depending on how labor started I had a pool ready fill, but knew I would be too fast to bother with it.  For some reason I just felt strongly during labor that it would be best.  Thats why changed positions literally the last minute.

Hang in there, everyone!  I look forward to hearing about your births and talking recovery, breastfeeding, etc.

Oh, btw, her name is Cosette and she is amazing.  I am in love!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page