Well March Mommies! Its MARCH!!!! Come Chat! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 57 Old 03-13-2012, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

JMJ YAY!!! Congrats! Sounds like it went pretty fast!

Nothing new here still. I have to say though I never have daytime babies and sitting here babysitting and being harrassed to the point of not being able to finish a 40 min episode is NOT condusive to labor and birth. I need it quiet!

Living a life like no one else, with my husband, and all our children
#32 of 57 Old 03-14-2012, 01:27 PM

Congratulations JMJ, sounds like an exciting birth story =)

3times - hope things are going well for you, labor or not!

#33 of 57 Old 03-14-2012, 02:04 PM

Wow, congrats on your baby JMJ!

I get the worst contractions late at night and feel restless and "funny" too.  I would prefer to go into labour in the AM after I've had a bit of a sleep :-)

3times, I'm sorry for the sickness at your place at the moment, and your midwife.  I hope things improve for you very soon.

Everlong, we are going to announce straight away to our close friends and family and then tell them "share it"  lol.

30 years old,  part time wheelchair.gif,  Living in Australia with my DH and belly.gif with IVF bubba #1 after a long long time of ttc.  Very grateful we've made it this far.  Due March 2012

I enjoy these activities:  sewmachine.gif     crochetsmilie.gif       geek.gif        greenthumb.gif

Planning on  bfinfant.gif      femalesling.GIF    cd.gif   

#34 of 57 Old 03-15-2012, 05:01 AM

Congratulations, JMJ!!

Lizziemum- I've been feeling funny too. In fact, I felt so crampy yesterday morning that I figured I'd better go out and get some errands done at the expense of the plans I had for yesterday. Everything calms down a lot in the middle of the day and no bloody show. I just keep trying to keep calm and remind myself even if this is really my body getting ready it could still be a while. I would prefer labor in the AM just because I'm Catholic and I have this deep desire to go to Mass at the beginning of labor, they have Mass daily M-F at 7:45am. Seems kind of silly since I probably wouldn't even make it to Mass and would think it a terrible idea once I'm actually in labor, but I can dream for now haha.

3timesmom- I hope everyone feels better soon! My stomach has been upset too and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just overdoing the cow's milk products or if I'm actually getting ready (but, like I said, no bloody show)

Everlong- My DH will probably send out a text, perhaps with a picture since our parents and siblings all have texting. They'll probably be waiting anxiously knowing that I'm in labor since we'll tell them that too. I think it's just a matter of preference. If you want privacy, then have privacy. Partly, I know it will be as simple as that for us and no one will be running over to immediately bother us except maybe my Mom with DD1 and DD2 which is different to me. If we had to deal with intrusiveness, I guess we'd handle it differently.

#35 of 57 Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 AM
JMJ

MommyBecky, what an awesome thing it would be to go to Mass in early labor!  With DD, I went into labor on a Sunday morning, and my midwife convinced me that I shouldn't go to Mass, so I stayed home, but when I was still in labor in the evening with nothing really different, I ended up going to the Sunday evening Mass and sitting on a couch in the gathering space.  There was a visiting priest who gave me a blessing just before I headed out and then had the baby in the middle of the night.  It is a really treasured memory.  Obviously, I didn't get that chance this time, but I did make it to Confession a couple days earlier, and my penance was prayers for "all those people who will be helping you deliver that baby."  Good thing I said those prayers.  DH and DD had a lot of work ahead of them.

I hope things go well for all of you, and I'm anxious to hear about the new babies.  I'm amused by all the talk of bloody show.  I had that about half an hour before my baby was born.  I was also only having 30 second contractions.  The only reason my midwife was even on her way was because she never got me the pool that we were planning to use and the supplies to fill it, and I was telling her that I wanted to get in it.  Overall, it was a very, very easy labor.  30 second contractions are a lot easier to cope with than longer ones.  Recovery has been difficult, though.  My midwife had to fix a tear, I'm still pretty swollen, and my hips are pretty bad off again.  I wish you all as easy labors and much easier recoveries.

#36 of 57 Old 03-16-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ View Post

Well, 3timesamom, you were right after all!  DS was born last night... on a tarp next to the empty pool.... and my midwife got there just in time to deliver the placenta....

Woohoo!  Congratulations!  Can't wait to hear about it :)

Lisa- mom to 3, expecting our 4th in March IHhbac.gif

#37 of 57 Old 03-16-2012, 02:13 PM

Well no bloody show or plugs here but lots of discharge and the baby feels like it's trying to screw it's head down into my pelvis.  It is pretty painful.  I feel crampy, but prodomal contractions are random and very short, like 10-30 seconds.    I am 3cm and nearly 100% effaced so that's a good start at least.  Sigh,  I'll be working on more diapers to keep my mind busy for a few days. 

#38 of 57 Old 03-17-2012, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Everlong keep us posted!!!

Mommybecky I never had bloody show with DD (induced though) and DS 1. So it doesn't really matter if you do have it! LOL

JMJ I hope life is good with a newborn!

AFM, Sorry I have been MIA. Emily Sue was born March 14th at 259am:) So I have been busy and not able to get to the computer and use the keys;)

I awoke on Monday the 12th with bloody show and cramping. Despite my vomiting daughter and ill husband I was hopeful and excited.DD and DH were both quite ill however and then even the midwife proclaimed she was sick. So nothing changed on the 13th either. I am sure I annoyed my dear friends which they didn't seem to mind much.

suddenly I recieved a kick at 1130pm march 13th that moved things along. perhaps she did kick, perhaps it was just my water breaking but suddenly I was soaked and sure I wasn't peeing myself!

I proceeded to time contractions that were instantly 3-4 min apart. They were painful enough that I called the midwife. I busied myself with preperations for our homebirth to come. I let Justin sleep because in my crazy mind this might NOT be real! LOL

The midwife came at 1249pm and she busied herself with her own preperations. She left me to do what I wanted and made sure I had drinks and a back rub during most contractions. They were frequent so that must have been hard.

Before I knew it the pain increased along with frequency. The midwife and her assistant were starting to pay more attention to me. They began asking me if I wanted Justin. I still maintained this might not happen! Once I got up to pee I came back to stand at the table unable to walk through contractions. They decided that they would over ride me and woke Justin. Justin came down to get his report and kept marveling that he had NO idea I was having the baby.

We moved to the birth pool and things moved quickly. At first the water was a relief but then the urge to push became so much I tried to get out of that pool! I was suddenly going from "Oh, Oh, Oh's to GROWLING and seriously trying to claw my way out of that pool! That is when I realized it was the urge to push! I had NEVER been checked not during pregnancy, labor or even to tell me to push! Yet I knew! I pushed on the next contraction and out was her head. I could feel it with my hands and for a moment only I knew she was coming! I told the midwife "You know the babies head is out." She said she didn't! She then told me to deliver the shoulders and on the next contraction I did.

Everything becomes blurry there because it was fast. I had to get up because the cord was short so that we could bring her out of the water. We sat in the pool trying to clamp her short cord because no one could get a look at who she was! As soon as we could I looked and Justin proclaimed that "Its Emily!" At 2:59am march 14th Emily Sue was born at home.

Everything was cleaned up, we were tucked in and Emily nursed off to sleep easily.

#39 of 57 Old 03-18-2012, 06:30 AM

Awesome!  Congratulations 3times!  That is so cool that you were the one to catch your babe! 

#40 of 57 Old 03-18-2012, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

It was a very awesome experience! DH really liked it too. And to think I had to convince him to do this!

#41 of 57 Old 03-19-2012, 12:07 PM

Congratulations, 3timesmom!!!

As for the bloody show, I still don't have one, I just remember that happening last time a day or two before the DD2 came. I know I could never even see it or notice it, but I'm trying to stay calm. Last pregnancy I would cry at the end of the day at 38wks+ because I wasn't in labor LOL. I'm pretty ok with the idea of waiting till my due date (March 25-26th). I'm just trying to be open to however it needs to go this time. Last labor was painful and I think it was a combo of not letting go/being a control freak and letting too many nurses in the room who chatted AND "nicely" communicated to my DH that he didn't know what he was doing and there was nothing he could do to help me so just give up. Different hospital this time, MW this time and I told DH not to hesitate to tell THEM to buzz off.

3timesmom- I was thinking of you this weekend when I was awoken by my daughter telling me she heard water running in the bathroom. I realized DH was not in bed. He was in the bathroom horribly sick. Sicker than I've ever seen. He ended up with meds to stop the puking. All I could think was "wait, baby!" especially since I ended up on the couch afraid to move for fear I'd puke. I made it!! I was so afraid I'd get as sick as he was and end up in the hospital and "have to" a c-s or something. But I kept reminding myself "pray, hope and don't worry" and praying made me feel like I could make it. I definitely learned that I should at least try praying during labor, it was so helpful with the stomach pain yesterday.

#42 of 57 Old 03-20-2012, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter

Oh I hope your husband is feeling better! Boy your due date is coming right up! How are you feeling? Do you have a long baby nesting list??

JMJ, did you write a birth story yet?? I have been patiently waiting for this tarp story in more detail! I was telling the midwife about you:)

#43 of 57 Old 03-20-2012, 10:55 AM

What is everyone sick with?  My dh has had 2 bouts of vomiting and diarrhea (spaced  1 week apart) but no one else is sick.  

#44 of 57 Old 03-20-2012, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

UGH I don't know. I keep waiting for the boys to get it. Or me:(

#45 of 57 Old 03-21-2012, 06:49 AM

JMJ- I forgot to tell you, I thought I was going into labor on Saturday and was really psyched because I'd been to Mass. Turned out it was that darn stomach bug.

DD1 ended up with it yesterday, but was better by the evening. She's singing in "the learning center" (she renamed the classroom, so cute) right now.

3timesmom- I am crazy nesting. I moved beds into different rooms yesterday (no frames, just light mattresses), swept, mopped and started cleaning out the classroom. I hope I have the energy to continue today. I was kind of surprised to wake up with no labor this morning after that crazy cleaning yesterday. It's good though if I can eek out another day of cleaning because I'm not done! I'm pretty sure I could say that every day for a month, though. I was literally out of breath and sweating yesterday. I have not been that motivated in forever. It's the kind of stuff you dream of getting done but never happens.

Losing my plug and having painless ctx.

I fell in the shower this morning, so babes must stay put till I get to the chiro tomorrow morning, I DO NOT want to labor with this back! But, life WILL go on if that's how it ends up. I really can't imagine laboring before my EDD, even though I've never before made it to my EDD. Birth seems imminent but so far off at the same time. So strange. My poor DH is the one losing it this time "AGH, I wish we just knew when we were going to have the baby!" I feel the same way but in a calm sort of way. Strange. My fall has put the baby in a weird position that is very uncomfy. Wish I could go to the chiro today.

Good luck, everyone!

#46 of 57 Old 03-21-2012, 06:53 AM

MommyBecky - Hope you get your back right and are able to keep on with your nesting =).  Isn't it amazing the energy and motivation surge you get!  Be careful and don't tire yourself out too much!

#47 of 57 Old 03-21-2012, 07:08 AM

sh118- Thanks! I forgot to mention I also took a 2 hr nap yesterday, then did all of that! I was super tired that night, but then couldn't sleep for quite a while... which was another reason I was surprised to wake up entirely pregnant and not laboring this morning.  I've kind of become chill "oh, it'll work out" in the past few weeks. BUT I was thinking yesterday "I hope I don't overdo it and then go into labor exhausted!"

#48 of 57 Old 03-21-2012, 10:15 AM
JMJ

3timesamom, I'm still working on the birth story.... I'm wordy, and I've been up to other things.

MommyBecky, I hope the chiropractor is able to fix your back and get your baby in a better position. It's hard to see how things are going to all play out, but somehow, everything will work! All that organization that I was hoping would get done long before the baby is getting done right now. When you think about it, it sounds like a terrible way to spend my time postpartum, but I've got my MIL in town for the past week, FIL just got into town, and mother is coming Friday, so there's a lot of people working on everything that needs to get done, and I'm able to just do a little bit at a time as I feel like it. I'll have at least one extra person around for almost the whole first month of my baby's life. Most of the organization is DH's stuff, so he's the one who'se got to do it anyway, and he's off work, and his mother is motivating him to do it. In-laws are paying for a carpet cleaning for us next week, so a lot of it has got to be done by then. It's actually quite exciting that it's getting done. By the time everybody goes home, I'm going to have a house that is much more organized and easier to keep, and I don't have to do it all!

#49 of 57 Old 03-22-2012, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mommy becky it doesn't sound like it will be long! LOL Honestly it sounds like your just waiting for you mind to feel ready.(IE got enough nesting done, maybe seen the chiro!)

JMJ, LOL Well I tried to keep it not so TMI. That meant cutting some words out;)

Miss Emily keeps having long nursing sections and then long naps in the late afternoon. That would be a nice nap time for me but I have 3yo:(

Hope everyone is great!

#50 of 57 Old 03-24-2012, 10:05 PM

Hey ladies! 

I'm so happy to announce our 3rd hbac, and 2nd unassisted birth of our 4th baby boy!!  Jasper Solomon Dahl was born early on Thursday morning after a pretty quick and intense labor.  I was having some irregular contractions for about 3 days before.  I woke up at 2:22 am with a monster contraction, went back to sleep but was uncomfortable and got up at 4am.  Me and dh scurried around the house like busy mice, getting the pool set up and the bed made.  We were laughing and and talking and taking little breaks for very randomly spaced, but intense contractions.  The kids slept the whole time and it was snowing (we haven't had hardly any snow!) the most beautiful blanket of huge white flakes.  I got in the tub at about 5:30 and had lots of intense contractions- and before we knew it I was (very involuntary) pushing what felt like a huge child out!  It was the hardest pushing phase by far, but once his head was born it was sweet relief.  I could feel he had a nuchal hand and after one more push out came his shoulders and I reached down and caught him only 4 hours later at 6:37am.   I have a few splits but nothing major and no stitches.   We are over the moon in love, he is sweet as pie and I'm feeling really good.  So far he nurses great and my milk is in abundance. 

I hope to have a more detailed birth story soon.  Lots of love and well wishes to our still expecting moms... :)

Jasper 2 days old... 

8lbs 2oz, 22inches (long and skinny :) )

birth (38 of 38).jpg

#51 of 57 Old 03-25-2012, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Awe congrats!!!! So exciting:)

#52 of 57 Old 03-26-2012, 05:57 AM

Soo cute...look at that smile!  congratulations, sounds like you had a wonderful birth.  Can't wait for the long version =).

#53 of 57 Old 03-26-2012, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Thinking of mommy becky today.

#54 of 57 Old 03-26-2012, 05:16 PM

I'm jumping in on this thread a little bit late (seeming my due date is TOMORROW lol) But reading all these stories and seeing pics of beautiful newborns - congrats ladies!! - got me too excited to not post! I'm feeling like I am in limbo at the moment. On one hand, I am very aware that this baby could come anytime but on the other hand I hardly believe it and feel as though I'm just going to be pregnant forever. I've been having irregular Braxton Hicks, mostly at night, for the last week and a half or so. Dr says baby's head is engaged so now I'm just waiting waiting waiting. I've got most everything prepared but I'd like to give the house one last deep clean today, and maybe venture out to top up on groceries.

Can't wait to read more beautiful birth stories and see those scrumptious little babes!!!

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#55 of 57 Old 03-26-2012, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Well welcome! I a rocking Emily. Sorry short!

#56 of 57 Old 03-27-2012, 08:01 AM
JMJ

Congratulations, Everlong!  He is absolutely adorable.  What a great pic!

#57 of 57 Old 03-28-2012, 09:21 PM

Thanks ladies :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page