Baby Owen is here! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-07-2012, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Our little boy arrived on March 4th, 2012.  Thought I would share some of the birth story with you ladies I have gotten to know here!

I woke up at 5:30, rolled out of bed and felt fluid running out (way too much to be pee!).  We had a baptism to go to that morning, so I was hoping contractions would wait awhile or start slow and mild.  I laid in bed for about an hour, then got up and decided to start cleaning up the house and packing my bag, as I knew we would have a baby sometime that day.  We went to church and made it thru the baptism with no contractions, just fluid leaking periodically.  We got home and I decided to take a shower then try the breast pump for a bit to see if that would bring on ctx.  That started some mild contractions that were irregular, but maybe around 10 minutes apart.  We decided to head to our Bradley class, and just see what happened.  On the way, we decided that was not going to happen as ctx were now more regular about 8 minutes apart and getting stronger.  We stopped at a park and decided to walk...made it through about 4 ctx and decided to head home to try to relax as they were getting much stronger.  Got home, could not get comfortable, kept feeling like I had to go to the bathroom.  Called Dr., told them contractions were coming every 5-6 minutes.  About 5 minutes later, I told DH, "I think we need to get to the hospital!"  I rode kneeling in the backseat, and that 5 minutes I just prayed that we would make it and that all would be okay, as I was starting to feel lots of pressure.  We showed up on the OB floor, nurse got us straight to a room.  I puked, got checked (9cm +2), and got on the bed.  My body was pushing, but I was still trying to relax with it.  Doctor got there about 15 minutes later and I pushed with about 3-4 ctx and baby was out!  Oh, that felt so good to not be pregnant anymore!  Labor was very intense, and pushing seemed more painful than I remember with my daughter (pushed for 1.5 hours), but I was in a different position too so maybe that made a difference.

Anyway, we are home, loving on our little man, and nursing is going pretty well this time! 

#2 of 8 Old 03-07-2012, 12:03 PM
JMJ

Yay!  Congratulations!  I'm glad to hear that everything is going well and that you're enjoying being not pregnant anymore!

#3 of 8 Old 03-07-2012, 05:42 PM

So happy for you!  Congrats!  Hope you recover quickly!

#4 of 8 Old 03-07-2012, 10:04 PM

Awe how awesome!!  Congratulations and good job!  Please share pics when/if you can~

Lisa- mom to 3, expecting our 4th in March IHhbac.gif

#5 of 8 Old 03-10-2012, 07:11 PM

Very awesome! It seems to have gone pretty quickly in the end! How big was your baby? What did you name him?

Living a life like no one else, with my husband, and all our children
#6 of 8 Old 03-12-2012, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

3times, yes, very quick 2nd stage, well pretty quick overall =).  He was 8-8.1, 22", and his name is Owen Neal.

#7 of 8 Old 03-20-2012, 07:12 PM

Thank you for sharing! Congratulations and Welcome baby Owen!

#8 of 8 Old 03-21-2012, 06:23 PM

Congratulations - thanks for sharing your story!

Nicole, mama to a seven year old wonder and a three year old joy and caretaker to 3 kitties and 9 hens. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page