How is she supposed to eat every 2hrs but sleep 2 hrs as well? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-09-2012, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll do my birth story today as well :-)

At the moment though I'm really confused. The baby nurse says to feed Rosie every 2 hours during the day or thereabouts, but then she's also to have awake time and a minimum 2 hour sleep. this is supposed to get her sleeping better at night - feed her more during the day and don't let her sleep too long.

How does this work mathematically? If I feed Rosie at 7am, she feeds for say 20 min, then plays for 15 min. It is now 7.35am. This to me says she is due again for a feed at 9am because the nurse says measure the feed from start to start. But, there's only one hour and 25 min left for Rosie to sleep before its 9am for her next feed.

I don't get how it all fits together :-(. Can someone explain how this is supposed to work in real life? By the way I wasn't too fussed on the baby clinic anyway

30 years old,  part time wheelchair.gif,  Living in Australia with my DH and belly.gif with IVF bubba #1 after a long long time of ttc.  Very grateful we've made it this far.  Due March 2012

I enjoy these activities:  sewmachine.gif     crochetsmilie.gif       geek.gif        greenthumb.gif

Planning on  bfinfant.gif      femalesling.GIF    cd.gif   

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 06:44 PM

Feed her when she's hungry, play with her when shes awake, and let her sleep when she falls asleep. It's too early for a schedule. The only exception is if you have a super sleepy newborn that isn't waking to feed often enough, then you need to wake them up if they go too long without eating.

I never heard of a 2 hour minimum on sleeping.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:36 AM

Did she mean to say sleep  2 hours MAX?  That would make more sense to me if she said don't let her sleep too long.  My first DD had pretty bad jaundice and I was supposed to feed her every 2 hours, it is rough, cause you aren't getting much sleep then either!  Good Luck!  If baby is doing well, I would think going with her needs would be okay, rather than scheduling at this young age.

User Tag List