Any other nursing mamas? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 09-21-2011, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just wanted to post an update about the night weaning with my son. For the past two nights, he has SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! He's been sleeping for 8 hours straight before waking for his morning milk! Okay, I know that to *most* parents this is "expected" by about 6 months or something, but this is huge for my family. The longest he had ever gone without milk in a night was maybe 4 hours. It took us a week to get to this point and I'm so proud of him. My biggest fear going in was that I would ruin my relationship with him or that he would stop nursing cold turkey. Neither happened! We've been talking about it every day and he has told me over and over that he's not mad that he's not nursing at night anymore (he's almost 28 months old). Anyway, for those of you who are considering night weaning, it wasn't as bad as I thought and the screaming didn't last as long as I thought it would either. The first night was the worst (about 40 minutes of screaming), but then the amount of screaming went down dramatically (15 minutes the second night, 5 minutes the third, etc). I would just offer him some water and tell him that we could cuddle or something. He'd get super mad at me, but eventually he'd calm down and go back to sleep. 

Now, if only this ms and total lack of motivation would go away!

#62 of 64 Old 09-21-2011, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

very encouraging! DS just turned 20 months so it will be a little bit before we try but it gave me hope!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#63 of 64 Old 09-27-2011, 05:32 PM

Okay, I just had to share this. So I told my DS to tell me if/when the milk starts to taste different because I've read that it changes in the 2nd tri. Anyway, today he was drinking milk, pulled away and looked me straight in the eye saying, "The milk tastes different." I then asked him if it was bad or yucky and he laughed and said "no." I then asked him what it tasted like and he looked me right in the eye and said "grape juice." Ha ha ha ha ha! I started laughing so hard. I was like, um...really? So it tastes sweet and fruity? He laughed and said, "yeah." He then went back to nursing.

I don't know if anyone else has had a similar experience, but I thought it was pretty darn cute.

#64 of 64 Old 10-01-2011, 01:05 PM

my daughter has caught on that I am worried about supply (how, I dont know- I guess me asking her if its ok ?) Any way she says now as a way to tease me "There is no milk left!" and then squeezes my boob and it sprays out and she laughs and laughs and says "There it is!" 

She is so bad! Gets me every time!

familybed2.gif mama to dd energy.gifborn 8/08 and dd fly-by-nursing2.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg and one crazy dog2.gif oh and one loving dh dh_malesling.GIF

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page