Round Ligament Pain already? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-04-2011, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Seriously, not fair. If I'm nursing my daughter and want to roll over with her to switch sides, OW! If I'm nursing and sneeze, OW! If I twist at all, OW! Anyone else going through this?

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#2 of 11 Old 08-06-2011, 06:26 PM

Could your abs have separated during your last pregnancy? Mine did and I kept putting off the exercises to help get them back together and am now seriously regretting it. I only ask because it feels a lot like round ligament pains. Hope it passes quickly for you!

#3 of 11 Old 08-06-2011, 07:24 PM

Yep.  I get it if I move just right, er wrong ;)  The pregnancy hormone relaxin, relaxes the round ligament which is why some women can feel it this early on.  Kind of hurts but is a welcome pain for me when symptoms are not always there.

Tanya treehugger.gif DH-Brian, DD Adri (8), DD Izzy (7), DS Ollie angel.gif (1/5/11 @ 17 weeks) and our rainbow1284.gif baby due April 12th, 2012.

Of all the lessons I did not learn as a child, or even as an adult; I learn through being, mother to my children. Through love and through pain, we are delivered and blessed!

#4 of 11 Old 08-07-2011, 10:07 AM

Yes, started last week for me and I had completely forgotten it from last time.  Just sneezed this morning--OW!  It's not bad and I don't even think I had a name for it last time.  I attributed it to weak abdominal muscles from bilateral inguinal hernia repair when I was a baby (though I may be completely healed I can't help but wonder) so was tickled to read it's a pg symptom.  Honestly, the sciatica I suffered last time was WAY worse, I'll take round ligament pain instead if that's an option!!

Unschooling mama alongside DH (05/01) to DD (5/05).  Expecting #2 spring 2012!

#5 of 11 Old 08-12-2011, 10:11 PM

ME! This is actually the only "symptom" I have...that and af not showing....

It started on 9dpo! I was pretty sure that I was pregnant just because of the RL pain. I do not want to know how bad it's going to be this time around...dreading it.....

Anyway, it's nice to see others have the same thing:) I was a wee bit worried to be honest.

Crunchy Mama to 3 boys bikenew.gif'06  and superhero.gif '08  h20homebirth.gif  and  moon.gif '10  uc.jpg

And a brand new baby  babygirl.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg

joy.gifOur family is now complete  chicken3.gif

#6 of 11 Old 08-13-2011, 08:53 AM

I've been having it too! I looked it up and I think it's not supposed to start until the 2nd trimester.  Maybe since it's not our first pregnancy? I don't know if it has to do with ab muscles though because mine are pretty tight, my midwife commented how they really stayed put..hmmm.

Mama to my 2 sweet baby chicks! DD1 is 3 and DD2 born April '12.
They make me joy.gif
#7 of 11 Old 08-22-2011, 05:43 PM

So can you all help me "name that pain"?  I didn't have RL pain or Braxton Hicks until late last pg--like 35 weeks?  So I'm confused about what this, err, discomfort, I guess, is in my abdomen.  It's not isolated like a cyst, or on one side or the other, but sort of a general tight feeling that's uncomfortable.  Happens more when I'm moving around, but also when I'm just standing or sitting at the table or whatever.

How do you distinguish between RL pain and BHx contrax?

#8 of 11 Old 08-22-2011, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

BH ctx are painless tightening of the uterus. I've actually felt one already, after an orgasm. It should only be at your uterus, so at this stage pretty far down. RL pain is a sharp stabbing pain running along either side of your pelvis, up into your abdomen in later pregnancy. It's usually associated with sharp movements, like twisting, or getting up from lying down, or sneezes. The other fun pain I've noticed is that any indigestion or gas pain is much more severe in pregnancy. Maybe it's that?

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#9 of 11 Old 08-22-2011, 07:09 PM

I am dealing with the round ligament pains too. I agree, it is a welcome sign during these early weeks, but welcome doesn't mean painless! Ow!

Wendy,loving wife to Brian, happy mama of Trinity(15), Christian(15), Gavin(13), Logan(11), Griffon(9),Jubilee(7), Epiphany (4), and Lucian Danger( born 18 April 12) <3
#10 of 11 Old 08-23-2011, 09:56 AM

Since before I even got a positve hpt, I told my husband I was going bonkers from feeling like I was pulling something every time I rolled over in bed at night.  It was my first clue that something out of the ordinary was going on in there!  :)

#11 of 11 Old 08-23-2011, 10:28 AM

Not sure where I read it (helpful I know) but somewhere I read that RL pain can be one of the earliest signs of pg, some think it is hormonally influenced.  So I CAN see how some of us have it so early!

Unschooling mama alongside DH (05/01) to DD (5/05).  Expecting #2 spring 2012!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page