How is it going so far? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 37 Old 08-05-2011, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Wow, it seems the moment I got that result, I began to feel I had to have everything figured out RIGHTNOW! Lol. I had researched a lot before, but it seems, now that I am actually pregnant, I have NO CLUE. Apparently I forgot everything I have learned over the last few years.

My first meeting with the midwives isn't until September 1st, and its a group information session. If, after that, we are interested in using them (and we are!) we will book our first appointment. That seems SO far away and I have questions now. confused.gif

I don't know what I have to do at this stage, I don't remember what I am supposed to eat or not eat, nothing. I don't know if we should tell our parents now, or wait a while. I can't tell if I am experiencing symptoms half the time, or imagining them to reassure myself. And seriously, how quickly do you get pregnancy brain? Because I think I am already losing my ability to concentrate, and I was only 4 weeks yesterday. Is that possible or am I just so distracted that it seems like it? dizzy.gif

So I am just curious, what is everyone else out there doing and feeling so far? I figure if we can compare notes, I will feel more normal, and less like I am losing my mind around here ROTFLMAO.gif

#2 of 37 Old 08-05-2011, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh, the anxiety... with my first pregnancy, I was sick before the test was positive.  there was NO question I was pregnant, this time around, however, is completely different.  I haven't had a single symptom... nothing.  it's surreal.  no naseau, no extreme fatigue, no nothing.  so I know, sometimes you begin to wonder if you're just REALLY late...lol.  the first trimester is pretty much survival mode, if your having a rough time with morning sickness or whatever, but I'd say relax, september will be here soon enough.  just make sure you're taking your vitamins and resting when you feel you need to, and otherwise, enjoy!!!

Married to overworked  DH reading.gif since 2003, happily familybed1.gif mama to DD (01/09) and  babyboy.gif DS (4/12)

#3 of 37 Old 08-05-2011, 12:52 PM

I'm actually feeling really zen about this pregnancy at this point, probably because I'm not sick (knock on wood).   Other than some nausea 6-10 dpo and some intense hunger waves here and there, things are going smoothly.  I've moved twice since DD was born, so I'm sad that i won't get to use my fabulous midwife again, and my first visit with my new ob/midwife group won't be until 10-12 weeks, so I'm trying to just sort of breathe, drink water, and wait!

I'm having trouble remembering foods to stay away from, too--right now I'm thinking deli meat (unless you heat it to 165*?), raw eggs (check labels on caesar dressing), undercooked meat, and unpasteurized cheeses.  Certain fishes in moderation.  I'm sure there's more....

#4 of 37 Old 08-05-2011, 01:35 PM

Things are going pretty well here. 5w5d and nausea has kicked in, but no barfing yet. I'm exhausted, I pee all the time, and well, I feel knocked up. However 3 days ago I felt great.

This is something like my 5th pregnancy, second child. With my earlier pregnancies I did the best I could to follow all the rules and lost 3 or more in a row anyways (I stopped testing at one point). The one positive of all that is that it gave me time to do a lot of research on pregnancy and safety, and basically most of the pregnancy no-nos are complete b.s. The risk of toxoplasmosis is incredibly rare with an indoor cat, though it's a good idea to not play with their poo. Raw dairy is only unsafe if the cow is sick, and I've been consuming raw milk from a local Amish farm for 5 years now with no problem. Listeria in lunch meat is again incredibly rare, not that I eat all that much lunch meat anyways. I don't eat sushi, so whatever. And as for alcohol, well, you can't prove a negative and there has never ever been any evidence of damage done by mild to moderate drinking (up to 8 drinks a week). I cut back, but I'll have the occasional glass of wine with a clear conscience.

Then again, I'm an Illinois homebirther. That fact clearly means I have a wanton disregard for the safety of my unborn child :)

There's almost nothing to DO in early pregnancy, especially if you don't have a history of problems. My last pregnancy I was getting bloodwork done every day, had an ultrasound at 6 and 8 weeks, and was supplementing with progesterone. This time, I'm just supplementing with progesterone as I've been for months. I've already got my underground midwife hired and I plan on calling a medical CNM in a few weeks to do concurrent care through 20 weeks, assuming all goes well.

If you need something to do, you should read. Pick up any book by Ina May Gaskin, but especially Spiritual Midwifery. Take a look at spinningbabies.com. Stay far away from What to Expect. Start thinking about how you want your birth to go and what preparation that requires. Investigate birthing classes and philosophies, and soon as you feel comfortable attend LLL meetings. But mostly just relax.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#5 of 37 Old 08-05-2011, 03:12 PM

I'm ok. Not too nauseous. A bit tired. I'm more scatter brained, but it's hard to know if it's pregnancy or going off my anti-depressants. My anxiety is effing high, & that is due to being off the meds. Ugh. I want to stay off the meds, but I don't know...

L

ribboncesarean.gif   vbac.gif  My kids jammin.gif  

#6 of 37 Old 08-05-2011, 03:49 PM

loudmama, I'm tapering off now.  During my last pg, I went down to 1/2 of the lowest dose, but never got completely off.  My midwife at the time felt that because it was a Class C and because the research was questionable, it was fine.  And DD did not have any problems as a result.  Now, it's been moved to a Class D, and I'm not sure what to think.... Going to try to taper down and we'll see what happens I guess.

#7 of 37 Old 08-05-2011, 03:55 PM

SFM - We're at the same point, I'm 5w5d. At this point, my brain is starting to settle into the idea of pregnancy. This is my first one, and I got knocked up right after we started infertility workups. I peed on a stick today (hadn't for a while), and man, that test line came up SO much darker than the control. It's silly, but it made me giggle. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#8 of 37 Old 08-05-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post

Things are going pretty well here. 5w5d and nausea has kicked in, but no barfing yet. I'm exhausted, I pee all the time, and well, I feel knocked up. However 3 days ago I felt great.

This is something like my 5th pregnancy, second child. With my earlier pregnancies I did the best I could to follow all the rules and lost 3 or more in a row anyways (I stopped testing at one point). The one positive of all that is that it gave me time to do a lot of research on pregnancy and safety, and basically most of the pregnancy no-nos are complete b.s. The risk of toxoplasmosis is incredibly rare with an indoor cat, though it's a good idea to not play with their poo. Raw dairy is only unsafe if the cow is sick, and I've been consuming raw milk from a local Amish farm for 5 years now with no problem. Listeria in lunch meat is again incredibly rare, not that I eat all that much lunch meat anyways. I don't eat sushi, so whatever. And as for alcohol, well, you can't prove a negative and there has never ever been any evidence of damage done by mild to moderate drinking (up to 8 drinks a week). I cut back, but I'll have the occasional glass of wine with a clear conscience.

Then again, I'm an Illinois homebirther. That fact clearly means I have a wanton disregard for the safety of my unborn child :)

There's almost nothing to DO in early pregnancy, especially if you don't have a history of problems. My last pregnancy I was getting bloodwork done every day, had an ultrasound at 6 and 8 weeks, and was supplementing with progesterone. This time, I'm just supplementing with progesterone as I've been for months. I've already got my underground midwife hired and I plan on calling a medical CNM in a few weeks to do concurrent care through 20 weeks, assuming all goes well.

If you need something to do, you should read. Pick up any book by Ina May Gaskin, but especially Spiritual Midwifery. Take a look at spinningbabies.com. Stay far away from What to Expect. Start thinking about how you want your birth to go and what preparation that requires. Investigate birthing classes and philosophies, and soon as you feel comfortable attend LLL meetings. But mostly just relax.

This. Good advice, all of it. :-) I personally don't drink during pg, but I rarely drink anyway aside from a glass of wine once or twice a month.
I wish someone had told me this stuff the first time. :-)

For first time mamas - I strongly recommend Ina may gaskins guide to childbirth. That book was like a gateway drug for me. :-) it made such a huge impact on the birth of my second daughter.

Drink your water, take your vitamins (or don't ;-)), eat protein and enjoy bonding with the new little human growing inside you. You're the only person who will ever have this particular connection to that baby - savor it!

#9 of 37 Old 08-05-2011, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone :)

This thread was exactly what I needed. I have read (and own) Spiritual Midwifery, and have read several others that were recommended with that one years ago. I am pulling them out to reread, and its helping. I am kinda OCD normally though, so its hard to just relax and wait smile.gif I know to stay away from the "what to expect" books.

So far I have sore nipples, sensitivity to smells (very noticeable because I have a bad nose usually), occasional feelings of nausea, and a desire to have nothing tight on my stomach. I am very tired. Mostly I just feel pregnant though.

I never drink, so that's good, and I don't drink coffee either. I do have tea occasionally, but often herbal, so I don't have much caffeine either. I don't eat deli meats except rarely, I haven't ever had unpasteurized cheese, and I don't like sushi. I've never had raw milk, its not easy to find here. So on all those counts, I am good. I usually eat pretty well, so I will just keep doing what I am doing.

#10 of 37 Old 08-05-2011, 07:32 PM

I am wanting really bad to just enjoy this early part of pregnancy (it's our last) and I mostly am, but unfortunately, I am feeling a little anxious.  I am already wondering about birthing options etc.  Last pregnancy, I had a really tough labor (posterior facing baby) and I just don't want a repeat of that experience again, although I keep thinking that this one will be much better.  I am feeling a bit nauseous and instead of vomiting, I have been having loose stools bag.gif.  I have still been craving coffee, but even if I have a sip of decaf, I get sick, so I guess that's out.  I have been slightly more sleepy, but have really made it a priority to get plenty of rest this pregnancy. 

Other things I am stressed about are...  Three family members have all separately, almost died, within the past two weeks, which has put everyone on edge, and DS and I just realized that I don't work enough hours to qualify for FMLA, so telling my boss about this pregnancy might be interesting.  I think I just need to breath...

On the upside, DS has been amazing lately and really excited about being a big brother.  DH just got a raise today joy.gif and two of my best girlfriends are also newly pregnant!

Happy Wifey to DH tiphat.gifand loving Momma to DS1 superhero.gif 4yrs and DS2  babyboy.gif 6 months

#11 of 37 Old 08-05-2011, 08:07 PM

So far, so good. I'm get very tired sometimes, and today I was ravenous by 11am. Time to add in some more protein to breakfast, I guess. Luckily no nausea yet, or really any other symptoms to speak of. I guess that's good, but it sure is easy to forget sometimes- I almost signed up for hang gliding lessons this weekend before I stopped myself thinking "Hey, that might not be a great idea, Preggo!". I'm sure I'll be more hyper aware of it all next week when I meet with the midwife.

I know I want a different birth experience this time around (last time was all doctors and interventions and other people's rules!), which is why I'm with a midwife practice. Home births aren't technically legal in North Carolina, so none of the wonderful midwives in town could assist me if I chose to go that route. And we live way out in the Boonies and it makes me nervous to think about what if something went wrong. But then again, I do love the idea of a birthing tub here in my living room, overlooking the mountains. It just seems so serene. Argh! Luckily I've got some time to really think about it.

And on the what to do/not to do thing: I'm still having a glass of wine or beer in social settings, just to not immediately draw suspicion and questions. I don't really drink it, just mostly carry it around. I just don't want my friends to know yet; I like having a little secret that only me and my husband (and you guys!) know for a little while. I'd forgotten about the lunch meat thing, but I dont think I was  particularly careful about it last time. I have one cup of coffee/tea in the morning, but I'm sure if I start feeling sick in the mornings I'll cut that out.

Also, I'm jealous of you guys knowing exactly how pregnant you are. My periods have been so irregular since my daughter stopped breastfeeding that I have no idea when I was late or anything. Looking back, my cycles have been an average of 24 days, but never the same from cycle to cycle. The websites say I'm due April 1, but I really have no idea if that's true.

#12 of 37 Old 08-05-2011, 08:33 PM

NCM: I would recommend getting an early ultrasound if you're not certain of your dates. As someone who likes going overdue, being "allowed' every day I can get is important. I had DD at 42+3, I expect to at least see 41 this time.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#13 of 37 Old 08-06-2011, 04:58 AM

My goodness! Last pregnancy, I had to make myself eat during the first trimester- I didn't feel sick often, just had no appetite. This time, I can't get enough! I'm sure it has to do with the breastfeeding, though :)

I don't see my doctor for another 3 weeks, and I'm so impatient! I'm a lot less anxious this time around, but I just love seeing the little bean on the screen and hearing the heartbeat.

We're not telling anyone aside from my best friend and DH's brother until after DS turns 1 at the end of the month (which works out, because his birthday's the day after our appointment, and I'd rather wait until then to tell the world anyway)... I have a weird notion in my head that he shouldn't have to share the spotlight, though he'd have no idea. But the not telling is killing me!

Other than that- the smell of cigarettes makes me nauseous and angry (totally yelled at a young teenager for smoking in front of my baby... oops) and I'm exhausted, and I can't sleep at night thinking about what we're going to do with DS while I'm in the hospital, or how we're going to fit another dresser into this house, and how we're going to configure the carseats- all things I don't need to be thinking about right now :)

#14 of 37 Old 08-06-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holz View Post

Other than that- the smell of cigarettes makes me nauseous and angry (totally yelled at a young teenager for smoking in front of my baby... oops) and I'm exhausted, and I can't sleep at night thinking about what we're going to do with DS while I'm in the hospital, or how we're going to fit another dresser into this house, and how we're going to configure the carseats- all things I don't need to be thinking about right now :)

Funny, that's the stuff I've been thinking about too.  I'll probably end up hiring a doula as a "back up" to my parents to take care of DD--in case they don't get here in time.  Last labor was 32 hours, so I'm sure they'll make it (they live 3 hours away), but I also have this vision of this baby falling out on the kitchen floor because I don't think it's time to go to the hospital yet.   Which would be fine, too!  orngbiggrin.gif

#15 of 37 Old 08-06-2011, 06:25 PM

I'm 4w 3d and I don't feel a single thing. The occasional nipple sensitivity but other than that things are pretty normal for me. This is my first pregnancy so we'll see how it goes!  I'm still in shock, I pee on sticks to just see the BFPs after all those BFNs lol 

I emailed a midwife we're interested in using. I'm going to call her next week to set up a meet & greet. There's another set of homebirth midwives I'd like to meet with too so my goal is to email and set something up with them as well. 

Hillary (22) belly.gif Justin (25) stillheart.gif

We're expecting our first precious sprout in April 2012 joy.gif And planning a homebirth! homebirth.jpg

#16 of 37 Old 08-06-2011, 08:50 PM

Anyone else having outrageous dreams?
I keep having nightmares about not being able to handle the two kids I have. I took a nap this afternoon and dreamt that I was walking with the girls across this really bouncy wooden bridge (and trying to juggle a bicycle too - I haven't had a bicycle since I was 13) and the girls kept slipping off the bridge. We finally made it across and I called my husband sobbing that I needed help and he needed to come and rescue me. (also: being behind the wheel and totally unable to control my driving?!). Lol.
Subconscious anxiety much? Totally ruined my nap. :/

#17 of 37 Old 08-07-2011, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightheartedmom View Post

I keep having nightmares about not being able to handle the two kids I have. I took a nap this afternoon and dreamt that I was walking with the girls across this really bouncy wooden bridge (and trying to juggle a bicycle too - I haven't had a bicycle since I was 13) and the girls kept slipping off the bridge. We finally made it across and I called my husband sobbing that I needed help and he needed to come and rescue me. (also: being behind the wheel and totally unable to control my driving?!). Lol.

YES! Mine are just super VIVID. Right before I found out I had a dream that my sister (19) had a baby. It was SO insanely real that I woke up and texted her to make sure she wasn't pregnant. (little did I know, I was the pregnant one!) 

Then a few nights later I had a nightmare. It involved my sister and some paranormal stuff. I woke up and didn't want to go back to sleep because I was so freaked out. 

I've had a couple other vivid dreams since I found out. I don't normally remember my dreams so this is weird for me! 

Hillary (22) belly.gif Justin (25) stillheart.gif

We're expecting our first precious sprout in April 2012 joy.gif And planning a homebirth! homebirth.jpg

#18 of 37 Old 08-07-2011, 03:24 PM

I did a ton of research in my first pregnancy.  I think others have given good advice to try to relax, enjoy your pregnancy, read some Ina May.  In terms of the stuff I remember that could be relevant for things to "do" though:

- first, I try especially hard during pregnancy to avoid all of those bad chemicals that try we avoid anyway.  try to get rid of plastics (*never* microwave plastic!), if you're going to paint your nails get the ones without formaldehyde and other nasty things, etc.  I check shampoos, soaps, lotions, etc. on environmental working group and try to get ones that have less bad stuff.  furniture is another area that can be tough.  buying used furniture that has already off-gassed is one option, ikea is better than a lot of other choices, and we wanted to make sure that our sleeping areas were as clean as possible since we spend a third of our lives there!  We opted for latex mattresses.

- there is some controversy over whether green tea blocks folic acid absorbtion

- as far as I know, there is no consensus on whether eating certain things in pregnancy increases risk of food allergies.  Some studies suggest that eating peanut butter, for example, increases the allergy risks, while other studies concluded exactly the opposite - that eating PB while pregnant and even introducing it early in a babies' diet reduces the risk.  They just don't know, so I don't avoid it, but I don't eat it every day either.

I'm sure there was other stuff, I'll post if I remember more. :)

#19 of 37 Old 08-07-2011, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

I will avoid peanut butter, only because my sister is highly allergic, as well as 2 uncles. So if there is anything genetic, I am at an increased risk of having a child with an allergy, and want to avoid exposure until I can safely gauge reaction.

#20 of 37 Old 08-08-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azohri View Post

I did a ton of research in my first pregnancy.  I think others have given good advice to try to relax, enjoy your pregnancy, read some Ina May.  In terms of the stuff I remember that could be relevant for things to "do" though:

- first, I try especially hard during pregnancy to avoid all of those bad chemicals that try we avoid anyway.  try to get rid of plastics (*never* microwave plastic!), if you're going to paint your nails get the ones without formaldehyde and other nasty things, etc.  I check shampoos, soaps, lotions, etc. on environmental working group and try to get ones that have less bad stuff.  furniture is another area that can be tough.  buying used furniture that has already off-gassed is one option, ikea is better than a lot of other choices, and we wanted to make sure that our sleeping areas were as clean as possible since we spend a third of our lives there!  We opted for latex mattresses.

- there is some controversy over whether green tea blocks folic acid absorbtion

- as far as I know, there is no consensus on whether eating certain things in pregnancy increases risk of food allergies.  Some studies suggest that eating peanut butter, for example, increases the allergy risks, while other studies concluded exactly the opposite - that eating PB while pregnant and even introducing it early in a babies' diet reduces the risk.  They just don't know, so I don't avoid it, but I don't eat it every day either.

I'm sure there was other stuff, I'll post if I remember more. :)

I didn't know about the peanut butter part. I had peanut butter during my first two pregnancies and my daughters love peanut butter lol. Thankfully they're not allergic. They also like almond butter.

#21 of 37 Old 08-08-2011, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightheartedmom View Post

Aside from the nightmarish one where baby comes and we're not prepared (no diapers, won't latch), my dreams have just been dreams. But ya, REALLY vivid!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#22 of 37 Old 08-10-2011, 10:25 AM

My sleep has been awful and filled with crazy dreams. I have been nauseous pretty much from day one and today it has turned into a throw up after every time I eat kind of day:( My mom joked with me and asked if I thought it might be twins since I've been feeling so sick so soon. I said not funny.

Mother to one Little Flower Childdust.gif 3/08 and one little squirmy boy babyf.gif 4/12 homebirth.jpg, Wife to fuzmalesling.gif,I am a Vegan Pagan. We familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif mdcblog5.gif!

#23 of 37 Old 08-10-2011, 11:37 AM

Anyone upset they don't really have morning sickness? I had really bad m/s with my daughter that was more like mild hyperemesis gravidarum. I'm 6+3 today and have had minimal nausea the past few days and only two episodes of dry heaving. I expected to be sicker by now, and afraid that means it's not going well.

On the other hand, I'm feeling a pretty strong connection to the embryo, my belly is swelling, my belly button is more shallow, I'm majorly emotional and peeing all the time, and losing my milk. Everything seems to be going fine other than the lack of barfing.

#24 of 37 Old 08-10-2011, 12:16 PM

Heck no! smile.gif. I'm happy that so far this pg is completely different from dd's--hopefully the rest of it will be too.

#25 of 37 Old 08-10-2011, 02:17 PM

This pregnancy is completely different so far. With DS I had no symptoms until week 5 (a whole week after my positive pregnancy test). Then I slowly started to get more and more nauseous throughout the day and had strong aversions to different foods. I was dizzy occasionally and had a couple headaches. With this pregnancy, I have been nauseous since before getting a positive test and have had really, really sore bbs, bad heartburn and dizziness. I have no appitite and every time I eat it is a struggle to keep the food down. I'm only 4wks5days today. What's up with the seriously intense symptoms?! 

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

#26 of 37 Old 08-10-2011, 04:42 PM

At this same point with DD I was puking 6+ times a day, had incredible sensitivity to smells, noise, movement, and tight clothing, reflux (for the 1st time ever), zero appetite.  Things didn't improve much at all with the meds Zofran and Phenergan.  So far with this pregnancy, I've pretty much lost my appetite had some nausea but no puking yet (dry heaves twice but was able to not puke--NEVER happened last time).  But in the 7 yrs between DD's pregnancy and now I've discovered a bunch of food intolerances and have eliminated those things I know I react to (wheat proteins including gluten/gliadin, all dairy proteins, almonds, cane sugar, and many other things) and added in digestive enzymes and probiotics.  I've tried to force myself to eat small bits of protein throughout the day, which is tough because I have no desire to eat it, but I think it really helps.  I also started 100 mg of vitamin B6 a day yesterday (and today) and I definitely notice a difference.  This makes sense to me because with a lot of the food/environmental sensitivities I've uncovered, I've felt I have a screwed up Phase II liver detox pathway, and extra B6 can help with that.  It makes me feel better that it's been researched to be completely safe during pregnancy and so far I can avoid the other meds (though I will definitely try pregnancy/nausea specific acupuncture before the meds this time).  I have a feeling that NVP can be for so many different reasons but the B6 may target my specific reason really well.  I'm hoping it holds out throughout the next few months.  With DD I was puking for the first 23 weeks.

Unschooling mama alongside DH (05/01) to DD (5/05).  Expecting #2 spring 2012!

#27 of 37 Old 08-10-2011, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thus far it's just a standard pregnancy thus far.  Fifth pregnancy, fifth baby... same thing... maybe another girl then?!  I feel slightly nauseated (like waves of yuck in my stomach) off and on but nothing to make me puke.  I feel like I need to keep my mouth closed, but don't really feel the need to throw up ;)  Food doesn't sound that great.   Sometimes things sound okay, so I try to eat those things, but usually haflway through it begins to turn my stomach.

It's interesting nursing a baby (17 months), starting up a new homeschooling year for a 4th, 2nd and Kindergartener and knowing I'm pregnant.  Whoa.  Life is crazy.  Our house suddenly seems small (currently we all sleep on the main level with the older three girls in one room -- one bunkbed, one twin -- and dh, dd4 and I sleep in our room!), our Suburban which seemed huge when we got it will soon be filled to capacity.. and.. wow... Life. Is. Crazy.

(and fun ;) )

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .
#28 of 37 Old 08-10-2011, 06:44 PM

I haven't puked yet,AND I am super glad of it,  although I have been nauseated a lot.  I am trying to eat often so I don't throw up, I told Hubs I'd like to get through this pregnancy without puking. Like you Judy sometimes halfway through eating something I can no longer stand it, all of my meals have gotten much smaller. so I eat small meals every 2 hours. I feel like a scavenger animal since I am so often in the kitchen trying to find something that I think will agree with me. We had just gotten back from vacation (roadtrips in early pregnancy are not great) and there wasn't much food in the house, but today I stocked p on groceries and will be making some different stuff that I can just grab when the need hits, like whole wheat sweet potato biscuits and hard boiled eggs(although I need to borrow some eggs from the neighbor since we only have new eggs from our chickens...and I ate them yesterday), plus I'll make some bigger meals that will be in the fridge ready for me to grab some left overs...and I have my pregnancy stand by, cheerios. pretty much always tolerable to my nauseated self.

With my other 3 pregnancies I was constipated, this time it's the opposite. Smells are driving me batty I went in our post road trip car that hasn't yet been cleaned and almost lost it, came home from the grocery store and the kids popcorn was atrocious. My 2 1/2 year old decided to poop in her little potty instead of the big potty.

as for nipples, yup sore, and my 2 1/2 year old will hear nothing of limiting, when I try it just makes it worse.

and DREAMS- last week I slept HORRIBLY tossing, turning, nightmaring. Luckily that has subsided.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#29 of 37 Old 08-10-2011, 07:42 PM

greensad.gif Morning sickness has just started kicking in for me.16 I'm having trouble eating and getting sick at least once a day.16 I'm also exhausted but having trouble sleeping.16 Other than that I feel fine...well constipation, but that's a given with a retroflexed uterus...

I'm just hoping morning sickness goes at 12 weeks this time instead of ramping up into getting sick 8-10 times a day for the next 18 weeks like it did last time (fingers crossed).

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

#30 of 37 Old 08-11-2011, 08:01 AM

ITA with everyone who recommended Ina May's Guide to Childbirth! The visualization techniques in the birth stories were invaluable to me during DD's labor.

I'm 6+1 today and definitely feeling the nausea more strongly than my other pregnancies. It's more pervasive but less intense, KWIM? Eating lots and lots of protein and drinking an Odwalla Protein Monster when the nausea/aversions make me skip a meal. Tender nipples and my boobs have deflated from a DDD to a B; my 11mo nursling is unimpressed with the decrease in milk. Also getting the heebie-jeebies every night. Sleep walking/talking run in my family and I'm usually pretty tame but pregnancy puts it into overdrive. Even DD (cosleeping) is waking up after nursing and crawling into her side-carred crib to get away from me.

The only bizarre pregnancy symptom I've noticed is that DD's baby acne is coming back. Her skin doesn't seem to be liking the new hormones in my milk. She's turning 1 on the 22nd of this month and we're throwing her party the weekend before. DP's mom will be in town so we're planning to tell everyone the day after the party. No idea what kind of reactions we'll get since this will be #3 and if baby comes a few days early, we'll have 3 under 3 (DS turns 3 March 29 and I'm due April 4). I'm half expecting a dumb comment about messing up our "perfect" 1 boy and 1 girl ratio!

I've already decided this baby is going to be born Sunday, April 1st at 2:26am. My other 2 have already set a pattern of being born on the Sundays before their EDD's, DS at 2:24am and DD at 2:25am. There is a pattern to be upheld here!

Otherwise, we're just waiting so very impatiently for my divorce from XH (DS's father) to be finalized. It's been in the works for over 2 years now (ridiculous, there was literally nothing to fight over!) and sitting on the judge's desk waiting for a signature. Just wish all the paperwork ahead of mine would just hurry up and move out of the way or something! XH did sign the Consent to Adopt forms though and I have my unofficial copy so as long as he doesn't revoke it in the next few days (he gets 30 days to change his mind, we're on like day 16 right now), DP gets to go through with adopting DS once we're married. It's exciting to be both growing our family and sewing up the seams! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page