VBAC support thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-21-2011, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think spinning babies is just confusing me more, honestly.  It is a ton of good info, but really poorly organized (and some of it is just bad grammar).  I need to find something else to freak out about!

Okay, deep breaths and I will stop freaking out about this one's position for another 10 weeks.  Or at least I'll try.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 03:45 PM

justKate: BREATH!  Sunflwrmoonbeam is right, at this point position is a non-issue, as it will certainly change.  My best suggestion, if you want to be doing something right now, is to start going to chiro and acupuncture.  Both can do miraculous things for your baby's position, and your pelvic position.  I did both vigorously when my first VBAC baby was breach at 37 weeks, and he turned at 38 weeks. This time I will go weekly from 30 weeks on.  Also, practicing squatting, sitting on your sit bones and other things to keep baby in a good position daily are good things to do. 

It's funny for me, after all the stress I had over my VBAC last time, this time I haven't even thought of the birth, but can't stop worrying about the health of this baby.  I've had a sister have a 15 week miscarriage and a SIL have her baby die after 7 hours in the past year.  For some reason I am so nervous about something like that happening, not the VBAC. I'm sure that will come as I get closer to the birth, but hopefully having had one successful VBAC will keep my mind at ease.

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
Old 09-03-2012, 03:41 PM

I hear you.  I had a similar experience.  I am have a small athletic build and my little one was in the perfect position, held tightly by my muscles, for the entire pregnancy.  I began to get a little nervous when she still hadn't dropped by the 39th week.  She would engage in my pelvis, then float out in the night while I relaxed and was sleeping.  Then, she finally engaged on my due date, but had to spin posterior in order to do so.  She was OP all throughout my 51 hours of labor.  I was planning a home birth, so we labored here for about 39 hours or almost 2 days.  She was not in stress and we were monitoring her.  She was also a little sideways, she was asynclitic and deflexed.  

We tried a lot of rabozo work, hands and knees (I did this all throughout the pregnancy), and several other methods throughout labor to turn her.  I think at one point my midwife even tried to reach in my uterus and turn her manually.  Nothing worked.  She never progressed past a +2 in labor.  

I was devastated at first about not being able to deliver her vaginally.  But now, I'm just thankful we didn't have an emergency, or need NICU.  She is thriving.  Its mysterious to me.  Perhaps its the shape of my pelvis.  

Either way, I tried my hardest to help her come out of the canal.  

Old 09-11-2012, 12:19 AM

I saw this on the main page and wanted to let you know that there is a vbac support group on MDC. On the top purple bar click on "groups" then scroll down to find our group there. All are welcome!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Old 09-22-2012, 07:06 PM

http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/25/unplanned-c-section-after-long-labor-support-group

per Harmony96's request, here is a link to the group. Now that I think about it, it is more a c section support group. Somehow when I posted this I was thinking VBAC but I guess they go hand in hand.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

User Tag List