~*~April 2012 DDC Rollcall~*~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 160 Old 08-15-2011, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Can we have this thread stickied? (Is that what it's called when it's permanently put at the top?)  Also, in my last DDC someone made a chart with all this info as a quick reference.  I'm trying to find it in the archives to see if I can do the same.  I'd be willing to do it if someone a little smarter at computer stuff could tell me where to put it so it links up. 

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#62 of 160 Old 08-15-2011, 03:05 PM

I didn't realize I hadn't posted in here. 

Name: RosieL

EDD: April 2nd

#Pregnancy/baby: First pregnancy

Your age/age at the birth: BFP three days before my 30th birthday!

Family: DH and I, two pups, and a big huge extended fam!

How long did it take to get your BFP: 7/8 months. We had an indication of infertility, got tests, and I had come to the "realization" that I wouldn't get pregnant without assistance. BFP came instead of the next fertility appointment.

Birth plans: Home with a midwife practice already picked out. I love them already. First prenatal appointment is at 11.5 weeks.

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: I hope I can get through my school semester without too much trouble (I'm a PhD student taking what are probably my toughest classes this semester).Otherwise, I just hope it's a full-term pregnancy that ends up with a babe in our arms! Birthing at home would be a bonus. 

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): I have none, but my friends and strangers have all said girl. Who knows? 

Anything else!: I bought my first baby items and they were delivered in the mail today. 16 XS FuzziBunz! I had planed on prefolds and covers for the newborn stage, FB OS thereafter, but these were a super deal and SO ADORABLE. I love them.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#63 of 160 Old 08-15-2011, 03:15 PM

jennyvangy, I don't think any of us have sticky powers, so maybe PM a mod? 

#64 of 160 Old 08-15-2011, 06:09 PM

Name: Carly

EDD: April 17th

#Pregnancy/baby: Second pregnancy

Your age/age at the birth: I'm 27 now, will be 28 when baby is born if all goes well

Family: DH, my 4 year old daughter (previous relationship but is raised by DH), 1 dog, and 2 cats (unfortunately)

How long did it take to get your BFP: 2 months off BC, 1 month of temping/charting/truly trying

Birth plans: Hospital birth with midwife, unmedicated. Will likely try hypnobabies this time.

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: Healthy pregnancy, good fluid levels (very low last time), able to go into labor on my own.

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): I'm guessing boy based on timing of when we DTD surrounding ovulation.

Anything else: My daughter had IUGR and many other supposed complications during pregnancy. I suspect I will likely have another small baby but I'm interested to see how this pregnancy goes. My last delivery was induced but without pain meds. I'd like to labor naturally this time. We CD and are vegetarian.

#65 of 160 Old 08-15-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiesz View Post

Family

DH< 3 boys ages 8,6 and 3  with birthdays of 4-15-03, 4-23-05 and 4-18-08

not trying  a wonderful surprise.  and I think my husband and I will take separate bedrooms for the month of July from now on

Hilarious and a lovely suggestion for the month of July ROTFLMAO.gif

Believing, doting, simplifying, caffeinating, baking, midwife in training, and mothering like a dirty hippie. tea6.gif

baby.gif #3 due in April!

#66 of 160 Old 08-16-2011, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2be_k View Post

Hello Ladies!

Name: Kim

EDD: (estimated due date) April 3rd

#Pregnancy/baby: #2, baby #2

Your age/age at the birth: 31 (I'll turn 32 the end of April)

Family: DH, DS 2.4 , DSD 13, I BIG doggie Zeus

How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?) 2 months, we decided to stop using protection and I was charting, but DH didn't want the pressure of "we're trying"

Birth plans: same midwife group as previous pg, going to try and have a waterbirth/ no epidural

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: Try not to gain almost 60lbs like I did with my first! I lost it all in the last 2 years but I probably would have felt better about myself much sooner if I had only gained 30-40. Hoping I stick around here for the full 9 months (like many of you) because I'm so darn happy to be here!

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): BOY.... but I'm finding conflicting answers from the chinese lunar calendar... some are saying girl and some are saying boy - weird? I'm thinking late - April 12th

Anything else!: Looking forward to getting to the 2nd trimester and not being so tired and moody :-)

With the chinese gender charts, you're supposed to first calculate your chinese age then look at the chart. Some calculators automatically do that for you and other sites just don't even mention calculating your chinese age. At least I hope that's why you're seeing a discrepency and there aren't 2 versions out there!

Oh, and HI! from another April 09 DDC graduate!!! My DS was born 2 days before yours. Maybe we'll have April babies this time? smile.gif

#67 of 160 Old 08-16-2011, 12:53 PM

Name:  Laura

EDD: (estimated due date)  4/14/12

#Pregnancy/baby: #2

Your age/age at the birth: 33

Family: Husband (same age) and daughter (34 months)

How long did it take to get your BFP: This was our first month of trying.

Birth plans:  Home birth with midwives

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy:  My first pregnancy was pretty decent so another like that would be great!  And, please, can we have a home birth this time?!

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc):  Currently I'm leaning girl, but I haven't had any dreams about the little one yet.

knit.gifLaura, mama to my wonderful Wilhelmina (11/08) energy.gif and my precious Peregrine (4/12) babyboy.gif

#68 of 160 Old 08-16-2011, 03:40 PM

After 10 long years, I am so happy to be here!

Name: Jen

EDD: (estimated due date): April 18, 2012

#Pregnancy/baby: 3

Your age/age at the birth: 41

Family: DH, DS1(12), DS2(10)

How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?): 10 years

Birth plans: home birth/unassisted

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: Eat healthy, stay active

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): I've only had boys so far, so that's all I can imagine

#69 of 160 Old 08-16-2011, 03:48 PM

Im out :(

Hip Hippie Mamatreehugger.gif to Baylin & Evangélina hbac.gif and Wife to my sexy Frenchman Clément luxlove.gif living frugally green in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. Expecting our newest French Fry July 2012!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***Rainbow.gif

#70 of 160 Old 08-16-2011, 06:39 PM

Name: Sally

EDD: (estimated due date) April 29

#Pregnancy/baby: 4th pregnancy, 2nd baby

Your age/age at the birth: 29/30

Family: SO of 7 years, DS (26 months), dog (3 years old), and soon we will have some chickens!

How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?) I had a feeling I was pregnant, took a test and it was positive! I was not trying to get pregnant, but I wasn't avoiding it either.

Birth plans: Trying for an unmedicated VBAC.

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: I hope that my energy levels stay up enough to keep my two-year-old entertained. I'm also still breastfeeding and I want to continue that as long as possible. Oh, and I hope that I can keep my blood pressure and protein levels in check. I ended up with HELLP syndrome with my previous pregnancy and I'm hoping that was just a first pregnancy thing.

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): no idea/April 29

#71 of 160 Old 08-17-2011, 09:07 AM

Name:  Christy

EDD:  Last week of April or 1st week of May

# pregnancy/baby:  Pregnancy #4, Baby #2

Family:  me, DH, DD 7yrs, 2 cats, 1 fish

TTC:  5.5 YEARS!  Yes, that's right...YEARS...so we were TOTALLY surprised by the BFP!!  Conceived this one on vacation.  ;)

Birth Plans:  Home Water Birth

Goals:  Find a MW that will travel to my house from one of the big cities near me, find an emergency backup OB/MW that will listen to me, and not gain too much weight.

Early guesses:  After so long trying, I just want a healthy, happy baby, safe delivery @ home, and a good nursling!!  Boy or girl totally doesn't matter to me at this point.

Anything else:  I'm a WOHM, trying to figure out what to do after baby arrives, I'm the main breadwinner and have to go back to work.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#72 of 160 Old 08-17-2011, 10:44 AM

ThreeLittleBirds-- so sorry for your loss.  hug2.gif

EDD: mid-April

#Pregnancy/baby: 3rd pregnancy, 3rd baby?

Your age/age at the birth: 34

Family: DH, DS1~5, DS2~3

How long did it take to get your BFP: It was a not expected, but very much welcomed!

Birth plans: Home water birth again

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy:

1. Now that both of our boys sleep through the night (and I do too), I am a different person.  I hope to be able to really enjoy this pregnancy-- the last one, with a young toddler under foot, was hard and not fun.  I want to be better prepared to cope with the exhaustion of mothering a baby-- I feel like co-sleeping sort of backfired for me with both boys.  I was there for them during the night, but cranky all day long. 
  2. I am also now a runner, and I hope to be able to run throughout as much of this pregnancy as possible.  Any other runners here?

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): Fairly certain it will be another boy. 

I'm happy to be here!

Distraction is not the same thing as play.
Be part of the diaper free revolution. 

DS1, 6 years.  DS2, 4 years.  DS3, brand new!  (April 2012)

#73 of 160 Old 08-17-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondimpression View Post

With the chinese gender charts, you're supposed to first calculate your chinese age then look at the chart. Some calculators automatically do that for you and other sites just don't even mention calculating your chinese age. At least I hope that's why you're seeing a discrepency and there aren't 2 versions out there!

Oh, and HI! from another April 09 DDC graduate!!! My DS was born 2 days before yours. Maybe we'll have April babies this time? smile.gif

I knew your username looked familiar! I put 2 and 2 together when I looked in your sig..... haha.... maybe we WILL have April babies this time!

Some of the Chinese lunar charts/calculators ask me to input my birthdate (mm/dd/year) and the month of conception.... others don't ask for the birthdate just my age.... The calendar was right with my DS and I was thinking another boy based on when I ov'd (this time) but some say girl and some say boy (and it's freaking me out!) LOL.

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

#74 of 160 Old 08-18-2011, 09:04 AM

Alethia-  I wouldn't say I'm a runner, but just took up jogging about 2 weeks before the BFP!  I'm up to about a mile a day right now.  I was biking for the past 18 months, decided I needed to switch things up a bit and work some different muscle groups.  I'm hoping to jog/bike as long as possible, but b/c I live in Michigan, I'll have to stop around late October b/c of the snow...so I'll be finding indoor excercises to do through the winter, (probably Wii Fit, or jogging in place in the house).  cold.gif  It isn't until mid-March that the snow stops flying, and I doubt I'll be doing any jogging/biking that close to the baby getting here, but we'll see!  banana.gif

Anyone here a knitter or crocheter?  I have GOT to start a blanket TONIGHT!  The longer I delay, the longer I take!   ETA:  I'm going to probably crochet a blanket and do both crocheted and knit hats and booties.  Would love to swap patterns!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#75 of 160 Old 08-18-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980 View Post

Anyone here a knitter or crocheter?  I have GOT to start a blanket TONIGHT!  The longer I delay, the longer I take!   ETA:  I'm going to probably crochet a blanket and do both crocheted and knit hats and booties.  Would love to swap patterns!

We should start a thread to share our projects. As soon as I got the BFP I started knitting a newborn dress.  I'm 1/2 way done.

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#76 of 160 Old 08-18-2011, 10:59 AM

I wish I were a knitter!  Alas.  Not one of my skills.

Way to go with the running, Christy1980!  I'm in Montana, so will be in a similar boat come about November.  I think I might join the YMCA here-- it's nice, and I really don't mind track running.  I just want to run as much as I can.  I had a hard time this morning because I am feeling SO TIRED.

How about everyone else?  Is anyone really sick yet?  I hope not?

Distraction is not the same thing as play.
Be part of the diaper free revolution. 

DS1, 6 years.  DS2, 4 years.  DS3, brand new!  (April 2012)

#77 of 160 Old 08-18-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:

Me me me! :)  I haven't started anything for the baby yet though - trying to get all my holiday knitting started/finished first. :)

knit.gifLaura, mama to my wonderful Wilhelmina (11/08) energy.gif and my precious Peregrine (4/12) babyboy.gif

#78 of 160 Old 08-18-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texashippie View Post

After 10 long years, I am so happy to be here!

Quote:

TTC:  5.5 YEARS!  Yes, that's right...YEARS...so we were TOTALLY surprised by the BFP!!  Conceived this one on vacation.  ;)

Wow, big congrats to you, Jenn and Christy!  biggrinbounce.gif

#79 of 160 Old 08-18-2011, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelbranch View Post

Wow, big congrats to you, Jenn and Christy!  biggrinbounce.gif

truedat.gif   you guys will be in my thought for a beautiful, well deserved little bundle!!!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#80 of 160 Old 08-18-2011, 02:32 PM

sencondimpression: Could you change my due date to April 10 as that is what the OB is saying it is?  Thank you

Married to a great DH since 2001; Have a wonderful DS (01/09); Have one little angel angel.gif in Heaven (05/11 at 7wks); been TTC since 10/09. BFP pos.gif on 07/31/11 due April 14. Cerclage placed 9/30/11; at 33wks cervix down to 1cm  Scott Edward born 03/13/12 at 2:56am at 35wks 2 day. 

#81 of 160 Old 08-18-2011, 07:17 PM

Hi all! My guess date with #7 is April 12.

#82 of 160 Old 08-18-2011, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

I'm caught up through here! I had some wacky stuff that was in the code and popping up in the actual list but wasn't showing in the editor box. So if everyone can double check their info and let me know here if anything is wrong (I promise it's not intentional!) I'll fix it ASAP.

I've got a lot of family coming into town this weekend so apologies now if I don't make it back to update until Monday.

Congratulations to all the new comers!

And to everyone who has experienced a loss, I'm truely sorry and am thinking comforting thoughts for you and your families.

#83 of 160 Old 08-18-2011, 09:25 PM

Name:Wendy

EDD: (estimated due date): April 30

#Pregnancy/baby:baby #8

Your age/age at the birth:age 33, at birth 34

Family:DH Brian, Daughters Trinity,Jubilee, and Epiphany, Sons Christian,Gavin,Logan,and Griffon

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy:I will be thrilled to have a healthy baby, full term and complication free...if there were to be two I would overjoyed!

Thanks for doing this!

Wendy,loving wife to Brian, happy mama of Trinity(15), Christian(15), Gavin(13), Logan(11), Griffon(9),Jubilee(7), Epiphany (4), and Lucian Danger( born 18 April 12) <3
#84 of 160 Old 08-19-2011, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Name:  Sonja

EDD: late April

#Pregnancy/baby: #5

Your age/age at the birth: 36

Family: DH, DS1 (almost 7), DD1 (5), DD2 (3) and DS2 (1)

How long did it take to get your BFP:  huge surprise, were TTA

Birth plans: UC

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: not deal with too much negativity from people about our family size

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): nothing yet, still a bit in shock

Anything else!:  This will be the tie-breaker baby, we have 2 boys and 2 girls right now.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#85 of 160 Old 08-19-2011, 01:30 PM

AHHHH!!!!! Red Sonja!  We were in the June '10 DDC together! Not sure if you remember or not...I planned the gift/bead swaps. So thrilled to see you on here! I too am planning my second UC and we were not ttc either...a bit of a whoops!!! Congrats Mama! xoxo

Crunchy Mama to 3 boys bikenew.gif'06  and superhero.gif '08  h20homebirth.gif  and  moon.gif '10  uc.jpg

And a brand new baby  babygirl.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg

joy.gifOur family is now complete  chicken3.gif

#86 of 160 Old 08-19-2011, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

LOL, I just posted on the swap thread before seeing this.  I remember you from the June 10 DDC, good to be in another DDC with you!  orngbiggrin.gif

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#87 of 160 Old 08-20-2011, 01:32 PM

Name: Lena

EDD: April 20

#Pregnancy/baby: #3

Your age/age at the birth: I'm 27 now and will be 28 when baby #3 arrives!

Family: DH, DS, age 4, and DD, age 14 months

How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?) It only took one month of TTC

Birth plans:  I have had two home water births,so I'm hoping for that again, but it may be a birth center birth due to a recent move and our insurance. We'll see!

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: My goal is to maintain my current level of fitness during this pregnancy which will help my mood, energy level and minimize excessive weight gain(still a couple pounds heavier than I was before I got pregnant with dd).  I will be working on fetal positioning to hopefully avoid another transverse positioned baby at 38 weeks+ a failed external version that we paid for out of pocket.Thankfully, acupressure and chiropractic methods turned our dd head down at around 39 weeks, so we avoided an emergency c-section-phew! 

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): My DS,4, wants a little brother, and I think he might be right.  Both of my children have come either right on their due date or a day early, so I'm guessing this one will come on EDD April 20 at 4:50 am, and weigh in at 8lbs even! who knows, but it's fun to guess!

Anything else!:  We are really excited to have another addition to our family, it is going to be busy and fun in our house for the next few years!  I just hope I don't get debilitating morning sickness this time around....that could be interesting while chasing a very busy 14 month old around! ;)  Anyway, looking forward to getting know other mamas :)

#88 of 160 Old 08-20-2011, 08:26 PM

Sadly, I'm out of here. Started bleeding and cramping two days ago. On the positive side, at least I was able to get pregnant at 41! Praying all you mamas have happy, healthy pregnancies!

#89 of 160 Old 08-20-2011, 10:03 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that, Jen.  Blessings to you and your family, and hopefully another baby will be in your family's future!

#90 of 160 Old 08-21-2011, 12:50 AM

sorry please ignore this post.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page