Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Name: Michele

EDD: (estimated due date): April 27, 2012

#Pregnancy/baby:First!

Your age/age at the birth: 31

Family: DH of 9 years and 2 Mini-Schnauzers

How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?) : 5 LONG years

Birth plans: Hopefully natural. However, I am carrying some extra weight so I am not sure what my Dr. will say.

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: I have had some spotting so I hope everything goes well and I am able to give birth to a happy, healthy, baby.

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): I am thinking a girl but there could be more than one as I had two embryos transferred.

Anything else!: Best wishes to everyone here.

#122 of 160 Old 09-03-2011, 12:31 PM

Name: Resi

EDD: (estimated due date) April 1st

#Pregnancy/baby: #2

Your age/age at the birth: 33

Family: Me, DH, and DS - Oliver 9/21/08

How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?) About 5 cycles but timing was off for most of our tries.

Birth plans: VBAC

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: To enjoy the pregnancy and much as possible because it is our last.

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc):  I think girl but most likely boy. haha

Anything else!:

SAMH to DS 9/21/08
#123 of 160 Old 09-03-2011, 02:36 PM

Please remove me, I lost my baby at 7 weeks. Trying to regroup and begin healing now. Thank you.

Mary, mama to Adeline (5/12/09) luxlove.gifbrokenheart.gif July 2010 and brokenheart.gif Sept 2011, and Huxley (11/6/12) biggrinbounce.gif  and  stork-suprise.gif October 2014??
#124 of 160 Old 09-05-2011, 08:25 PM

Name: ForestMushroom

EDD: (estimated due date) End of April/ early May

#Pregnancy/baby: 5th pregnancy, 5th baby

Your age/age at the birth: I am 33, when baby is born I will be 34

Family: DH, 10yo DS, 7 yo DS, 4.5 yo DD, 20 month-old DS

How long did it take to get your BFP: BFP today!  woah, Im tripping out,  Totally surprised.  4th cycle after my last baby. 

Birth plans: maybe hospital, maybe at home. 

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy:

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): green

Anything else!: I am so shocked about this.  the test was super positive.  I've felt a  little queasy and am 10 days late.  I am a little freaked out!  I never planned on a 5th child.  We were done after 4.  *sigh* I am secretly excited, though, and hope this bean sticks! 

Forest  treehugger.gifMushroom whale.gif

#125 of 160 Old 09-06-2011, 07:46 AM

Emily

April 26

Baby #4

Age 32

Family: Currently I have 3 girls; 8, 4 and 2

BFP: Got a BFP 5 days before missed period.

Birth plans: Homebirth. This will be my second homebirth. First was C-section, Second was Home Labor (attempted homebirth) and hospital transfer. Third was home water birth. 

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: If it goes as well as the third one with a little more lead time, I will be happy!

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): Hopefully a Boy!!

#126 of 160 Old 09-06-2011, 07:22 PM

Name: Liz

EDD: (estimated due date) End of April/ early May

#Pregnancy/baby: 2nd pregnancy and baby

Your age/age at the birth: 32 now, 33 at birth

Family: DH, DS age 7

How long did it take to get your BFP: Complete surprise.

Birth plans: Home, possibly birth center 

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: To avoid the 16 weeks of nausea and vomiting I had last go 'round.

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): feeling a girl

Anything else!: Starting to adjust to the idea of our family growing and getting increasingly happy. Feeling pretty good so far!

#127 of 160 Old 09-12-2011, 10:19 PM

Name: Janet

EDD: 4/26/12

#Pregnancy/baby: Pregnancy number seven and this is baby number EIGHT!

Your age/age at the birth: I'm 31

Family: DH and our 7 kiddos: 9-year-old twin girls, an 8-year-old boy, 6-year-old boy/girl twins, almost-3-year-old boy, and a 13-month-old boy.

How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?) We weren't really trying, but weren't preventing either. I had I think two periods after my baby before we conceived.

Birth plans: I will have my 3rd planned homebirth (likely in the water again). I've transferred twice so only had one at home so far.

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: I hope we all survive it! :) I'm hoping to work out throughout the pregnancy to keep my body more fit than my other pregnancies (not that they were necessarily rough) and make the birth itself easier as well as my recovery and return to pre-pregnancy weight.

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): I'm thinking girl and the birthday will likely be around Cinco de Mayo or later.

Mama to Hannah & Hailey 1/5/02 C.J. 2/18/03 Anthony & Jamie 3/23/05 Chuck 10/9/08 42-week Sam 8/9/10 Mae 4/22/12
#128 of 160 Old 09-13-2011, 05:39 AM

Could you please change my due date to the 7th? It was the 11th. Thank you!

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#129 of 160 Old 09-14-2011, 03:22 PM

Name: Dayle

EDD: (estimated due date) April 23, 2012

#Pregnancy/baby: This will be my first

Your age/age at the birth: 26 now, 27 at birth

Family: DH (married just over a year) the llluuuuuurve of my life. He's super cute ;) I think I'll keep him.

How long did it take to get your BFP: We were trying for 10 cycles (had a chem pg on the 2nd month of trying)

Birth plans: We got in with a midwife (which takes a huge weight off my shoulders, as they're in really high demand in my area) we're hoping for a home water birth.

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: I just want to be happy and healthy, and not stress out too much! I had some spotting/cramping early in this pregnancy, and it sent me into a pit of stressy angst...so hoping to avoid any more of that :)

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): I'm thinking boy....I hope just one! I had my hcg levels taken 2 times at the beginning and they tripled in 48 hours....which of course sent me on a crazed google search (which is very bad! Don't do it!) and I convinced myself I was having twins....but now I doubt that. I'm not any bigger at all yet, no crazy morning sickness or anything...so we'll see at the first midwife appt what she says. My boss is expecting twins, and she said she couldn't get her pants done up by week 5! I'm 8wks2days today. 

Anything else!: I found out pretty early in trying that I had a short luteal phase, so I started taking a vitamin b6 supplement during cycle 8 of trying, and it only took 2 cycles to work!

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern... it will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that . . . one stitch at a time, taken patiently." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

#130 of 160 Old 09-14-2011, 08:59 PM

Name:  Tara

EDD: let's say April 12!

#Pregnancy/baby: my first!

Your age/age at the birth: 25

Family: loving husband and two kitties

How long did it take to get your BFP: BFP.. more like Big Fat Surprise!

Birth plans:  hopefully in a birthing centre

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy:  happy and healthy

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): guessing boy but hoping for girl!

happily married to my rock and roll cowboy guitar.gif since 2009, living the dream with our Rosebud, 26/04/12 joy.gif

#131 of 160 Old 09-15-2011, 04:27 PM

Would you please change my EDD to 4/9?  Thanks!!

#132 of 160 Old 09-24-2011, 08:39 PM

Name: Felicia

EDD: (estimated due date) April 10th

#Pregnancy/baby: 3rd pregnancy and baby

Your age/age at the birth: 32 now, 33 at birth

Family: DH, DStepD almost 11, DD 4.5, DS almost 2

How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?) It was the second month we tried

Birth plans: 2nd HBAC, 2nd time using Hypnobabies which I loved and highly recommend, will use a birthing tub again but would love to actually give birth in the tub

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: I hope to stay in better shape this time.  I need to start doing some yoga and walking.

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): No guesses but I can't wait to find out.

Anything else!:

#133 of 160 Old 09-24-2011, 11:35 PM

Name: Rachel

EDD:  April 23

#Pregnancy/baby: #2/#1

Your age/age at the birth: 24

Family: DH (been together two years, married since January) and step-mama to his DS(3).

How long did it take to get your BFP: BFP after four months

Birth plans: Unmedicated/birth center birthin' (but I'm pretty flexible.)

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: After an early loss with my first pregnancy, I'm striving to remain positive and trust in my body's strength and wisdom.

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): Feeling a girl! My mom is famously good at guessing (she had six and was right with each one of us) and she agrees. DH wants to be kept in the dark but I want to know, damn it!

step-mama to R(4) and mama to my little man H (arrived 4/2012)

#134 of 160 Old 09-27-2011, 09:39 AM

Name: Sarah 

EDD:  April 20th

#Pregnancy/baby: Pregnancy#4 Baby #3

Your age/age at the birth: 28

Family: DH - Mike DS - Noah is 4yo and DD - Leah is 2yo

How long did it take to get your BFP: First month we quit avoiding

Birth plans: Home birth and may try hypnobabies this time 

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: Say goodbye to morning sickness soon :) and take time to enjoy the journey even with the chaos of 2 other littles

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): Both other kiddos were a bit early (38 and 37 wks) but trying to not get my hopes up that this one will follow their lead. No ideas about gender and have had family guess both ways. 

#135 of 160 Old 09-28-2011, 02:58 PM

Name: Kim

EDD: (estimated due date) April 26

#Pregnancy/baby: 6/6

Your age/age at the birth: My 42nd bday is 4/28 - two days after my EDD

Family:  5 children ranging from almost 22 y/o to 2-3/4 y/o and a husband of 16+ years

How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?) Too soon - was NOT expecting this

Birth plans: Not sure yet, last two were UC

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy:  Sanity, peace

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc):  I'm feeling girl right now, but it may be the odds talking since I've had 3 boys and 2 girls already, and the last two were boys

Anything else!:

I read more than post, and I'm still processing.  I haven't told anyone yet except for a close GF who guessed it.  I really did not want this.  I'm sure I'll come around in due time, but it was absolutely not in my plans.  Not sure how I'm feeling yet.

dizzy.gif DS1: 10/89 - DD1: 06/94 - DD2: 02/97 - DS2: 12/05 - DS3: 12/08 - DC6: ETA 04/26/12

I'll be 42 when the newest little one is born! Yowza!

#136 of 160 Old 09-29-2011, 09:59 AM

Name: Tiff (boobyjuicex3)

EDD: April 5

#Pregnancy/baby: 5th pregnancy and 5th baby

Your age/age at the birth: 31

Family: DD11 DS9 DS7 DS4

How long did it take to get your BFP: HUGE surprise

Birth plans: unassisted homebirth

Early guesses about baby Thinking PINK

#137 of 160 Old 09-29-2011, 10:41 AM

My edd has changed( I don't know where we were getting the 8th from). It is now April 1st!

Mother to one Little Flower Childdust.gif 3/08 and one little squirmy boy babyf.gif 4/12 homebirth.jpg, Wife to fuzmalesling.gif,I am a Vegan Pagan. We familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif mdcblog5.gif!

#138 of 160 Old 09-29-2011, 01:32 PM

Wow! I hadn't popped in here in a while. The thread looks GREAT! Nice job! 

My MW moved my date to 4/4. :) 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#139 of 160 Old 10-15-2011, 05:08 PM

NEW HERE!

Name: Valerie

EDD: April 16

#Pregnancy/baby: #5

Your age/age at the birth: 34

Family: DD 16, DS 13, DS 10 and DD 9

How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?) Not trying, this was an oops!

Birth plans: My last birth was Unassisted and this time I haven't decided about UA...going to see a midwife for now and see how it goes.

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): Feeling BOY! But the Chinese Conception Chart argues with that one! ;-)

chicken3.gif Student mama to four big kids and one brand new baby girl Lennon (04/17/12)

#140 of 160 Old 10-15-2011, 06:56 PM

I'm not on the list!! Here's my info...

Name: Jen

EDD: (estimated due date)  mid April

#Pregnancy/baby: 2/2

Your age/age at the birth: 28/28

Family: hubby and dd 2 1/2

How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?) 2 months TTC

Birth plans: considering homebirth

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): feeling blue

Anything else!: hoping for a homebirth, but mostly looking for a calm loving experience 

Married to overworked  DH reading.gif since 2003, happily familybed1.gif mama to DD (01/09) and  babyboy.gif DS (4/12)

#141 of 160 Old 10-18-2011, 11:54 AM

Name: Darlene

EDD: (estimated due date) April 6

#Pregnancy/baby: Very First!!!

Your age/age at the birth: 28/29

Family: DB and a lot of furry babies

How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?) He or she is a sweet little surprise!

Birth plans: Natural Home Water Birth

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: Same as everyone, a healthy baby and a positive birth experience.

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): No guesses blue or pink yet (not finding out gender) 

#142 of 160 Old 10-18-2011, 12:53 PM

Name: Jenn/Radish4ever

EDD: (estimated due date): 4/16/12

#Pregnancy/baby: 4th baby (5th pregnancy)

Your age/age at the birth: 27 now, 28 at birth

Family: me, dh, dd(6), ds(4), ds(2)

How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?): We'd actually just decided we were done and 1 week later got the BFP.. :-/

Birth plans: hospital VBAC

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: I'm more concerned with after the delivery - I had some pretty severe PPH with my last homebirth and had to transfer to the hospital afterward, so we're going the hospital route this time

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): Not sure, but I'll be finding out for the first time with this pregnancy so the kids will be better able to bond

Anything else!:

#143 of 160 Old 10-19-2011, 03:46 PM

I joined mothering.com last year after a local momma-to-be recommended the site but then I had a loss and just faded away.  I am back today after getting an email newsletter and I am loving the positivity here!  Not so much sniping and negativity as I've seen on some other sites for moms!

Name: Sara

EDD: 4/2/12

#Pregnancy/baby:  2nd pregnancy / 1st baby

Your age/age at the birth:  I'm 34

Family:  I live with my husband, our old doggy Crimson & a tortoise named Crowley

How long did it take to get your BFP: this time took 6 months

Birth plans:  Planning for midwife assisted Bradley birth at a hospital that empowers women to deliver however they want!

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy:  I hope this baby stays with us and that it is healthy!  I hope I feel better soon since it's been a queasy first 4 months.  I hope I can be healthy and prepare for the birth I want, no matter how many people tell me I will certainly change my mind. 

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc):  I'm hoping for pink but sensing blue!  Also hoping for a full moon baby on April 6!

Anything else!:  I guess this covers it...my experience with this one will definitely affect if we ever try for a #2

Married since June 2009  fencing.gif

Expecting our first in early April 2012 stork-suprise.gif

#144 of 160 Old 10-19-2011, 04:11 PM

Name: Alexandra

EDD: 4/12/2012

#Pregnancy/baby:  1st pregnancy / 1st baby

Your age/age at the birth:  22/23

Family:  My husband Greg

How long did it take to get your BFP: It was a surprise!

Birth plans:  Because I cannot get a midwife I will have a doula assisted birth at the hospital- which is less than ideal!

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy:  I hope this baby is strong and healthy. I hope I can withstand the criticism that accompanies the decision to birth naturally and that I have the gumption to fight for the kind of birth I want at the hospital.  

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc):  I honestly don't care, but I have a strong feeling that this baby is a boy and that they will come early at the end of March.

#145 of 160 Old 10-20-2011, 05:20 AM

Welcome ladies! Congratulations on your pregnancies. Please start jumping in any threads to which you feel compelled. :)

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#146 of 160 Old 10-25-2011, 06:50 PM

I am re-posting because somehow I vanished off the list!   Here I am again

Name:  Michelle (PsycheGal)

EDD:  April 30th using O date

#Pregnancy/baby:  Baby #3

Your age/age at the birth:  31 for both

Family: DH, DD#1 Age 6, DD#2 Age 4, 2 Dogs, 2 Sugar Gliders, 2 Birds, 1 Hamster, and some fish too.  Oh and my mom lives with us! She counts for 5! 

How long did it take to get your BFP: Officially trying since 2/2011 but we'd been JLIH for a while before.  Got my good BFP @10DPO

Birth plans: Hoping for a Home-birth :) 

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy:  Hoping the 3rd time's the charm and that I won't have to transfer to hospital. 

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc):  I'm thinking it's a girl again -- but I don't care either way.  My 4 year old (we haven't told anyone about my BFP yet) was telling me about her two little sisters that look exactly the same -- she also said that one was a little bit smaller than the other, and was asking me when she was going to meet them! LOL  It was completely out of the blue!

Anything else!:  I'm hoping this one sticks!

#1 DD 6, #2DD 4  -- EDD 4/30/2012

#147 of 160 Old 10-26-2011, 09:34 AM

I missed this thread earlier since I was a late(r) joiner I guess.

Name: Sarah

EDD: 04/19/2012

#Pregnancy/baby: 2/2

Your age/age at the birth: 30 (I was 29 at conception)

Family: me, dh, ds (we have 2 cats, but they are leaving us partly because of the new baby and having to convert the basement area into my new office so DS can have a big boy room.)

How long did it take to get your BFP: We were trying a pink gender sway (just natural means) and the first attempt was timed too late. The second hit the money, and I got BFP 9 DPO!!!

Birth plans: Same midwives and birth center as with DS. Going to have a doula again. Hoping for a water birth this time. Also trying hypnobabies method this time.

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: Just hoping for a healthy baby. Would love a water birth this time. Last time it just wasn't in the cards. Also, hoping to avoid back labor like I had with DS.

Early guesses about baby: No idea, and I don't want to jinx by guessing yet. I will say I won't be surprised early or late, and just will try to be ready when baby decides to come.

Anything else!: Just super excited to find out the sex in a few more weeks (hopefully). It would be nice to have a girl because it'd be different, but it'd also be nice to have a boy because it'd be familiar and we already have all the boy stuff. So, either way we'll be happy. JUST REALLY WANT TO KNOW!!!! :-D

Mother to a wonderful 3yr old boy babyboy.gif (02/17/09) and a beautiful newborn baby girl babygirl.gif (04/15/12). Wife to an amazing husband since June '06.dh_malesling.GIF

namaste.gif  femalesling.GIF   nak.gifcd.gif   sewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gif  geek.gif   goorganic.jpg

#148 of 160 Old 11-03-2011, 04:18 PM

Hello all! I am kinda a late comer to this. LOVE mothering magazine, just discovered the forum. This is my first forum ever, so sorry, not familiar with most abbreviations.

Rachael

3rd Pregnancy 2nd Baby

Husband, 14yo stepso, 8 yo daughter

found out week 2! had ultrasound suspecting ovarian cysts- were trying for abt 2 months

planning home birth

enjoying every second of this pregnancy- wanted this for years

feeling blue

#149 of 160 Old 11-07-2011, 09:26 AM

Name: Karie Anne

EDD: April 11th

#Pregnancy/baby: 4th

Your age/age at the birth: 30 now, 31 at birth

Family: Hubby Jake, 12yo son, 6yo daughter, 3yo son

How long did it take to get your BFP: wasn't trying... we were quite surprised!  AF was 3 days late when I got the BFP

Birth plans: Hospital, water birth, all natural

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: Just a healthy little baby xoxox

Early guesses about baby Female, born late... maybe 5 days late

#150 of 160 Old 11-08-2011, 06:01 AM

Name: Jessica

EDD: (estimated due date) Mid-April, so basically the entire month!

#Pregnancy/baby: Pregnancy #5, Baby #4

Your age/age at the birth: 34

Family: Husband, 2 daughters, 1 son

How long did it take to get your BFP: (big fat positive, were you trying/how long?): Blessed surprise

Birth plans: 3rd Homebirth

Goals/hopes for this pregnancy: Surviving another HG pregnancy

Early guesses about baby (gender/birthdate/etc): No idea!  Husband thinks another girl.  Hoping baby will choose mid-late April.

Anything else!: Busy military homeschooling family.  Didn't think I would have time to join another DDC, but it's amazing how strongly I feel the need to connect with other pregnant mamas!  I'll probably be more of a lurker, but it's really nice to have a positive place to check in.  The other sites out there are scary! lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page