Feeling large already! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-14-2011, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Most of the feeling is in my head, I realize, but gosh... I'm just 6w2d (I think) and I feel like my uterus is already huge and my clothes are already fitting differently.

Granted, this *is* my fifth pregnancy/baby, but sheesh, I usually don't even LOOK pregnant until well over 20 weeks... I'm tall, could probably stand to lose a few pounds and just have carried my babies well.  Heck, even with dd4, the day I went into labor I was wearing NORMAL (non-preggo) JEANS.  The top was folded down, but I was still wearing them!

Just thought I'd see how others are feeling/looking these days whether it's your first, fifth or beyond!! :)

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2011, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My fifth baby was the first pregnancy that I really felt like I popped at about 6 weeks. It was crazy. And it kind of came and went. Some days I felt normal, others too bloated for my pants. I'm too early to notice anything yet this time (not even 4 weeks until Wednesday) but I'm dreading that early pregnancy time of being too chubby for regular clothes but not obviously pregnant.

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
Old 08-14-2011, 05:48 PM

Pregnancy number two here, but I started out 10 lbs heavier.  I'm a little bloated and i'm having trouble sucking it in.  Comparing to my photos from last pg, I look the same as i did at 13 weeks before.  My goal is to gain 35 instead of 45 lbs this time around.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

with my 3 rd pregancy (misscarried at 10 weeks) i swear i started showing at 7 weeks, i could see the top of my uterus several inches above my pubic bone...and you know that has to push other inside parts out of the way right? lol  so i believe you! haha

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
Old 08-15-2011, 01:15 PM

I'm 7w1d now and last night I bumped my belly into something in such a way that, oh, hey, there's the top of my uterus! Not quite above the pubic bone yet, but pretty close. And yeah, I've got me a belly now. It's not enough that others notice* but I sure do.

*DH says I'm not any larger, but this is the man who thought my boobs went up "maybe a cup size, probably not that much" when they actually jumped from a 34B to a 38F back when I hit what I call the "mid-20s second puberty". It took a side by side comparison of photos before he would admit my boobs got huge. Clearly his judgment of my body proportions is just wrong.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Old 08-15-2011, 05:29 PM

I don't usually show until around 20 weeks-ish other than bloating.  I'm only 5w now and I am already super bloated and in sweatpants.  This is baby #3

Old 08-16-2011, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Yeah... I think most of it's just bloating... or somehow *feeling* bigger just *knowing* there is a wee baby growing in there!!  My jeans fit fine... but sometimes I think they feel more snug.  (but there *is* a lot of bloating going on... and oh my, I just *love* how pregnancy messes with my bowels... one extreme or the other..)

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .
Old 08-16-2011, 02:47 PM

I really hate this bloated phase, when no one knows I'm pg yet. I carry my extra weight in my belly anyway, so I don't look so great right now, especially in the evening.  I have 2 "events" this month to attend, too, so that should be fun--trying to find something reasonable, comfortable, and not pg-looking to wear. If they weren't DH's work events I would just skip them!

ETA: oh yeah, the changes in, ah, bowel conditions are lovely. irked.gif

Old 08-17-2011, 02:16 PM

I'm 5w5d and I swear I can already feel my uterus above my pelvic bone. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen until after week 13?! There is also a definite bump that was not there a couple weeks ago. Last time, I didn't show really until week 15. I know you show earlier with another pregnancy but this seems a bit early still. 

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

Old 08-17-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justKate View Post

I really hate this bloated phase, when no one knows I'm pg yet. I carry my extra weight in my belly anyway, so I don't look so great right now, especially in the evening.  I have 2 "events" this month to attend, too, so that should be fun--trying to find something reasonable, comfortable, and not pg-looking to wear. If they weren't DH's work events I would just skip them!

ETA: oh yeah, the changes in, ah, bowel conditions are lovely. irked.gif

You sound like me for the past week.  It seems like no matter what I am putting on, I want a little extra room. Been wearing a lot of dresses when I am not at work. I just don't really want any restriction around my waist. And some of it has to do with the lovely bowel conditions you mentioned....I'm only 5 1/2 to 6 weeks along, I can't imagine what the next nine months will be like.

Artist wife to dh_malesling.GIF. Mom to DSS superhero.gif (3 yrs) and DD (04/12).  brokenheart.gif (2/28/10). winner.jpgcd.gif

Old 08-18-2011, 10:52 AM

I read (on an app from another site) that the uterus doubles in size and your blood volume increases by 10% by 7 weeks.  That's cause to feel big, IMO!

Old 08-18-2011, 11:07 AM

I am brand newly pregnant with #4.  And like each of the others, I feel much bigger the first 8 weeks than I do from 8-12 weeks, I think because I am sooo bloated the first two months.  I am decently thin so I can generally tell when I start showing, but others don't really notice until 25 weeks.  However, by 40 weeks I am generally huge. :)

User Tag List