cute little baby names! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 73 Old 08-21-2011, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have the name Serenity Silver if she is a she, or Lucian Gabriel for a he.

You all have beautiful/wonderful names on your lists.

Wendy,loving wife to Brian, happy mama of Trinity(15), Christian(15), Gavin(13), Logan(11), Griffon(9),Jubilee(7), Epiphany (4), and Lucian Danger( born 18 April 12) <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 73 Old 08-22-2011, 07:35 AM

I love Zane Grey. It's very strong!

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#33 of 73 Old 08-22-2011, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

there are so many names i love but cant use, so ill post those. ;)

girl

Veda

Paris

Ollie

Olivia

Lily

boy

Silver

Oliver heartbeat.gif

Peter

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#34 of 73 Old 08-23-2011, 10:35 AM

good thing you looked up Sebastion, I was goign to say there was 3-4 sebastions in my daughters school of 80 kids.

I told somwe people I liked Kate and all of them said "Oh that's nice" in a way that sounded like they thought it was very plan and not a very good name. : ( I wonder if that's the reaction most peopel would have if we named her that.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#35 of 73 Old 08-23-2011, 10:41 AM

My name is just plain Kate-- I feel like there are a lot of us (both my age and in the younger crowd)  I like it well enough, but have sometimes found it annoying that people would try to be smart by calling me Kathleen or Catherine and I had to correct them.

#36 of 73 Old 08-23-2011, 11:18 AM

i love ursula but apparently that was the name of an evil witch in a disney movie. Any ursula ive ever met irl has been very sweet strong and amazing

i think we're going to wait till we meet the baby this time. Last time we had a name picked out but when he was born it just didnt suit at all.

heartbeat.gif

#37 of 73 Old 10-17-2011, 05:31 PM

Anyone else making progress on this? We've finally gotten middle names I think. If baby is a boy, he seems to have named himself in a dream I had (I didn't even know he had a name until I looked at his label on the bassinet in the dream LOL). It'll most likely be Quinn Michael (although a mushy part of me is feeling somewhat inclined to go with Bradley Douglas...he'd be a junior...anyone having opinions on these boys names, I'd love outside input). For a girl I think it'll be Chelsea Paige. It's nice to know that unless another baby pops in there unexpectedly we're set on names :D

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

#38 of 73 Old 10-17-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetPotato View Post

My name is just plain Kate-- I feel like there are a lot of us (both my age and in the younger crowd)  I like it well enough, but have sometimes found it annoying that people would try to be smart by calling me Kathleen or Catherine and I had to correct them.

My name is actually Casey, but I hated it so much as a child that I've always gone by Kate.  People did the same thing with Casey--"oh, what's that short for?  Catherine?"  Nope.  eyesroll.gif  My mom says, in retrospect, she would have given me a more business-card tested name and shortened it.  It didn't stop me though. winky.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by moss View Post

i love ursula but apparently that was the name of an evil witch in a disney movie. Any ursula ive ever met irl has been very sweet strong and amazing
i think we're going to wait till we meet the baby this time. Last time we had a name picked out but when he was born it just didnt suit at all.

Funny, I did think of that Ursula, but I also thought of Phoebe's "evil" twin on Friends.  I guess that sort of dates me.  I like to hear all of the negativity up front, especially from strangers, so you know what the kid is going to hear 1000 times in elementary school.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuzusplace View Post

Anyone else making progress on this? We've finally gotten middle names I think. If baby is a boy, he seems to have named himself in a dream I had (I didn't even know he had a name until I looked at his label on the bassinet in the dream LOL). It'll most likely be Quinn Michael (although a mushy part of me is feeling somewhat inclined to go with Bradley Douglas...he'd be a junior...anyone having opinions on these boys names, I'd love outside input). For a girl I think it'll be Chelsea Paige. It's nice to know that unless another baby pops in there unexpectedly we're set on names :D

I like Bradley--I'm neutral on Douglas, but if it's a family name, that is meaningful.  In my family, the women pass on a middle name and the men pass on the first name.  So my dad is Daniel X--and my brother is Daniel R---.   Sorry if this is dumb, but is Chelsea said "CHEL-see" or "Chel-SEE-ah"?  It is a good name.

As for us, DH and I spent one evening going through names on nymbler.com and we came up with something of a list....  We have a boy name, but I think this is a girl.  A girl's middle name will be Jean, and it has to sort of go along with DD's name (Aubrey Ruth).  The other issue is some of my favorites end with an "n" which doesn't sound great with Jean.  So I don't know.  We're still at a stopping point I guess until we see for sure what the sex is.

Here's what we've got--some of them DH would never go for, but I left them on because I like them anyway.

Teagan 

Darcey

Bailey (popular, I think, also a common dog's name like my own)

Morgan

Avery (popular, I think)

Mallory (too '80's?)

Macey

Eden

Autumn

Beryl (too weird for DH)

Coral

Eva

Daliah

Caroline 

Norah 

Lilian 

Eleanor 

Miriam

Noelle

Piper

Sadie (once had a dog with this name, my parents would flip)

Marion (a family name, which I love, but the double n-thing...)

Natalie (too popular)

Lainey (maybe short for Elaine or Eleanor or something?)

Vera (too weird for DH)

Any input or suggestions would be awesome!

#39 of 73 Old 10-17-2011, 06:09 PM

Kate, it's Chel-SEE (like Chelsea Clinton only not named after her).16 And I love Marion, and don't think the double n thing sounds so bad with Marion Jean.

#40 of 73 Old 10-17-2011, 06:49 PM

We're set, and have been set, on a girl's name since well before our marriage. Adeline Rose, after his maternal grandmother and paternal great aunt (both Adelines) and me, my mom, and grandma (all middle-name Roses).

We are set-but-not-set on a boy's name. I came up with one, DH loved it, we decided. Then I waffled, worried about the deeper meanings of the name (mischeif, deception, fury, war, death). The name means victory, wisdom, magic, and might too. It basically means everything. And I'm not allowed to divulge it, so I can't get feedback on it! So I voice my waffling to my steadfast DH. And started to love it again, and then because quite happy and firm in my love. Only to find that DH is now waffling. 

We can't even come up with a list of alternatives. Nothing stands up to this one in our heads. I don't know why we don't just "decide" already. Heh. I think it'll cement when we find out if we're having a boy or girl. :)

Anyone else stuck on one name, and one name only, but waffling?

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#41 of 73 Old 10-17-2011, 07:43 PM

all of your name ideas sound great! so many original names, I love it!

here's what we have

boy:

william graham or william archer

James graham or James Patrick

graham is my moms maiden name and archer is my grandmothers maiden name

girl:

camille (INSERT SUGGESTION FOR MIDDLE NAME!)

vivienne michelle

Married to overworked  DH reading.gif since 2003, happily familybed1.gif mama to DD (01/09) and  babyboy.gif DS (4/12)

#42 of 73 Old 10-17-2011, 07:52 PM

Sorry for the double post.. i meant to put this out there

my best friend had her 2nd ds about 5 months ago.  his name is william.  when i told dh we were expecting, (without knowledge of my friends new baby) his immediate first pick for a boy's name was william, and to be honest, i love the name too.  but, i don't want my friend to be offended or upset that we used that name too.  obviously this is only an issue if we're having a boy, so i haven't really stressed about it too much.  i told my friend about dh's name suggestion and she said we could definitely use that name, no problem.  but i worry she said that just to be nice.  

I should also mention that she lives in atlanta, about 700 miles from me. 

so the question is... how would you feel if you were my friend.  would my using william as a boys name weird you out?  i'd like to think it wouldn't bother me, but i can't be sure...

Married to overworked  DH reading.gif since 2003, happily familybed1.gif mama to DD (01/09) and  babyboy.gif DS (4/12)

#43 of 73 Old 10-17-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama01 View Post

Sorry for the double post.. i meant to put this out there

my best friend had her 2nd ds about 5 months ago.  his name is william.  when i told dh we were expecting, (without knowledge of my friends new baby) his immediate first pick for a boy's name was william, and to be honest, i love the name too.  but, i don't want my friend to be offended or upset that we used that name too.  obviously this is only an issue if we're having a boy, so i haven't really stressed about it too much.  i told my friend about dh's name suggestion and she said we could definitely use that name, no problem.  but i worry she said that just to be nice.  

I should also mention that she lives in atlanta, about 700 miles from me. 

so the question is... how would you feel if you were my friend.  would my using william as a boys name weird you out?  i'd like to think it wouldn't bother me, but i can't be sure...

We have a William Robert. William after my grandfather and Robert after my father. I think that you should believe what your friend told you. We had our William and then my aunt and uncle adopted their first 2 years later and named him William too. It doesn't bother us one bit.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#44 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 03:43 AM

I feel the same as adoremybabe. I would believe what your friend said. I'm guessing you would have quickly picked up a hesitation on her part if she didn't feel fine with the idea. I'm of the mind that really close family members are the only ones who really need to avoid same-names. :) 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#45 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 05:21 AM

If you lived real close to your friend I'd worry more. I think William is common enough that you aren't stepping on the toes of someone who was trying to be unique. I'm guessing she really doesn't mind.

#46 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 06:05 AM

justKate - I think Marion Jean sounds beautiful together!  Go for it!

Believing, doting, simplifying, caffeinating, baking, midwife in training, and mothering like a dirty hippie. tea6.gif

baby.gif #3 due in April!

#47 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 06:08 AM

chiro, I agree with the others. Go for it, William is way too common of a name to  have dibs on, AND she said you could use it (not that I think that matters since I think dibs on names are BS)

I have always wanted to use Josephine (little women) and then my Hubs grandma was named Josephine, so we used it, even though dd's best friend in daycare was named Josie.  The girls hadn't seen each other in awhile at that point, but I would have used it regardless. They see each other sometimes now, were in girl scouts together, and Big Josie LOVES Little Josie!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#48 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 10:42 AM

We have had our names picked out for years.  My mother died when I was a child and my husband's father died when he was a teenager so their middle names will be for our parents.  Savian/Savion Sundar if it is a boy and Zoraya Lynn if it is a girl.  Since we know it is a boy it will be Savian/Savion Sundar

My family = Me + DH plus new babe 5/12 make 3 buddamomimg1.png

#49 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 10:51 AM

Names are always difficult for DH and I to agree on. I have been getting my choices but I think that so far I've worked within DH's limits. My choices have grown on him so to speak.

So far we havekiddos named: William Robert

Annalise Marie

Charles David

For a girl I really like Julie or Catherine (Cate for short) My middle name is Catherine. I'm stuck on a boy's name. There are several that I like but DH hasn't said yes yet.

When William was born we were settled on a girl's name, when Annalise was born we weren't settled on a boy's name, and when Charlies was born we weren't settled on a girl's name. There has been a trend. It's been my only sucessful gender predictor :)

My mom's name is Philomene and I would LOVE to encorporate Philomena into a girl's name but DH thinks that I'm crazy. So far we haven't officially sat down to discuss names.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#50 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 11:10 AM

We have only one boy's name on deck, Ashley Spencer, which hopefully would fit if it is a boy otherwise we would be scrambling to think of something if he just didn't look like an Ashley to us. Ashley we just dig and Spencer is my maiden name.

I have a list of girl's names that keeps growing:

Una

Katy 

Bay 

Charlie

Nora

Marcie

Katy, Charlie and Marcie are all based on grandmothers' names (Katherine, Charlotte and Marcella), the others I just like. I super like Bay but live in Wisconsin, land of crazy Green Bay Packers fans and wonder if people would think that her name was somehow tied to that. Middle names for the girl's names would likely be Pary or Charlotte for our grandmothers. 

We are feeling pretty strong girl vibes over here, so I don't think we'll get to use our boy name and will end up adding more girl names to the list and then having a short list toward the end of the pregnancy. We had a list of seven names narrowed to three when our son was born and it took a couple of days to figure out just what fit him. I have a feeling his likely sister will follow the same path to a name.  

#51 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 11:54 AM

kaismom - last night I just heard of a baby boy named Matthew Clay. Packers fan ya think???

kaismum likes this.

#52 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 12:08 PM

We're totally solid on a girl's name but DH refuses to discuss boy names until we see a penis on the screen. It's driving me nuts, but that's how he is. i think at this point he's mostly doing it to annoy me. So as it stands right now:

Official Girl Name (I don't want ot be as secretive this time): Imogen Medb Fiona P. I'm quite pleased DH agreed to the traditional spelling of Medb too.

My shortlist for boys:

Malcolm

Geoffrey

Tavian

Connor (my longtime favorite, DH hates it)

Adrian

As of this moment if I could name a boy without DH's input it'd be Malcom Finn Connor P.

Why yes, we like the Irish names. :)

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#53 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 12:27 PM

Ashley, I love Irish names too.   My girl name (before I had DD) was Fiona but when I got pregnant it fell off the top of my list for some reason.  DD was nearly named Saoirse though. ;)   This time around there are a few Irish and Scottish names on both girl/boy lists but the top contenders so far aren't Irish again, so we will see.

I am a big fan of longish names that can be shortened into a cute nickname, probably because I couldn't do anything with my own growing up. :p   DD was named Wilhelmina but she often goes by Willa or Mina, or Mina-mina as she often calls herself.   Her paternal grandmother is Wilma and she was named for her father William so when Wilhelmina popped into my brain (and showed up in a dream) we thought it was a good fit.  Her middle name is Elizabeth after my mother's cousin who was a little like a second mother to me when I was very young.  Her second middle name is my last name, and her last time is the same as my husband's. 

This time around I'm looking towards family-related names again and my favourite so far is Juniper with a short form of June.  June was my maternal grandmother's name.  My husband isn't a fan of Juniper though. :(  My paternal grandmother was Muriel so that is another contender but it tends to sound really granny-ish in my mind. 

For a boy, our top name right now is Peregrine with a short form of Peri/Perry or Perrin.  I'm also debating Lindsay for a boy (don't like it for a girl) as a middle name since that was my maternal grandmother's maiden name/Scottish clan.  We will likely use the same FirstName MiddleName MyLastName HusbandsLastName format this time around too.

knit.gifLaura, mama to my wonderful Wilhelmina (11/08) energy.gif and my precious Peregrine (4/12) babyboy.gif

#54 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 12:49 PM

Adoremybabe: That one seems a lot more overt than Bay. :) 

Hazelbranch: Juniper is a fantastic name. I like it a lot. Maybe he will change his mind? 

I made a deal with my husband when I was pregnant with our son that I would consider names of his choosing but the ultimate decision would be mine and he could be the ultimate decider of names of all of the babies that he births. He seemed to think it was fair. Kai was one of his choices and he said several times that I didn't need to choose one of his name as we were filling out the forms, I think maybe I scared him a little. Poor fella. 

#55 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I’ve got a girl’s name that I’m waffling on—mostly I love it, but I can tell that it’s on the cusp of becoming crazy popular (it’s in the same vein as Eleanor, Grace, Rose, etc). As an Emily, I’d like to avoid that, but then again, I never disliked my name—only that it got so common.

Love Imogen! I also love Pilar, but that got shot down. Boys names are harder…and I’m pretty sure that’s what we’re having. Hmm..I’ll have to read some more name books!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#56 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 01:49 PM

Imogen is one of my top all time favorite names and the #1 name my husband loathes!

I love Wilhelmina too. I am a huge fan of long names with lots of nicknames...and I have a Juniper!

#57 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 02:09 PM

I have to say, I told DH a few days ago that if our girl name wasn't in honor of my dear friend, I'd be wanting Imogene. Sweet and old fashioned but still somehow modern and unique. I love it!!

#58 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 03:23 PM

I HATE picking names! LOL Maybe it's because I am so afraid that I'll pick the wrong one and my kid will hate me 15 years down the road...

We have 3 boys and have "son" names for first names. The middle name has to be one syllable.. I just like the way it sounds.

My first is Grayson James, my second is Hudson Rhoan, and my third is Harrison Dane(yes...after Harrison Ford and Dane Cook...LOL).  Now...to come up with a fourth boy name that's slightly different from the rest and not too popular that ends in 'son'. It's funny though...when I named my kids they didn't seem that popular and then all of a suddem BAM! I hear them everywhere! Oh well!

If this is somehow a girl, I'll be looking for names after her birth. Only reason for that is I've had beautiful girls names each time and it hurt to not be able to use that name for the next baby(felt too weird to keep the same name). So this time I'll come up with a boy name before hand...wait to see if it suits him...and go from there:)

I love everyone's ideas...such great names:)

Crunchy Mama to 3 boys bikenew.gif'06  and superhero.gif '08  h20homebirth.gif  and  moon.gif '10  uc.jpg

And a brand new baby  babygirl.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg

joy.gifOur family is now complete  chicken3.gif

#59 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 03:46 PM

So now I feel more comfortable about using the name william, thanks for that, but with all the great names posted here, I'm waffling!!!!

kaismum likes this.

#60 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 03:56 PM

Tulafina, what about Dawson??? Or maybe Lawson (there's a little boy down the road from us named that)???

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page