cute little baby names! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

we did J's the first 3 times, but we are not sticking with that.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#62 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tulafina View Post

We have 3 boys and have "son" names for first names. The middle name has to be one syllable.. I just like the way it sounds.

My first is Grayson James, my second is Hudson Rhoan, and my third is Harrison Dane(yes...after Harrison Ford and Dane Cook...LOL).  Now...to come up with a fourth boy name that's slightly different from the rest and not too popular that ends in 'son'. It's funny though...when I named my kids they didn't seem that popular and then all of a suddem BAM! I hear them everywhere! Oh well!

If this is somehow a girl, I'll be looking for names after her birth. Only reason for that is I've had beautiful girls names each time and it hurt to not be able to use that name for the next baby(felt too weird to keep the same name). So this time I'll come up with a boy name before hand...wait to see if it suits him...and go from there:)

How old is your little Harrison?  My best friend's Harrison is 4 months, and she got the name from Harrison Ford...hope its not becoming too popular!  His twin is Warren.  IKWYM about a "used" name, even if you don't really use it.  I feel like our boy name was DD's boy name, so we shouldn't use it, but DH loves it and I'm letting him name a boy to protect the hypothetical boy's foreskin.  Great compromise, huh? irked.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuzusplace View Post

Tulafina, what about Dawson??? Or maybe Lawson (there's a little boy down the road from us named that)???

Branson?  I would look up town names, honestly.  A lot of them end with "son." 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thursday Girl View Post

we did J's the first 3 times, but we are not sticking with that.

faint.gif I thought for sure we would have a Jemma or a Jeremiah.

#63 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 05:34 PM

prettyisa: My DD is an Evelyn. I hear you on the popularity ratings going up. Ugh.

Incidentally Imogen doesn't show up on the top 100 or more US names list, but it's currently #4 in Britain. Luckily I'm American :)

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#64 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 06:20 PM

boys names have always come easy to us.  if DD was a boy, she would have been Jack with my maiden name as the middle name.  i think we finally chose and agreed upon a girl name a month before she was born.  this time, it will probably be Paul (DH's late grandfather's middle name) with my maiden name as the middle name.  it's a tradition for the boy to have the mother's maiden name as his middle name.  although, if this one ends up being a girl, we may just give her my maiden name as the middle name, since we are not planning on any more after this one.  a girl name as always has been more difficult.  we really haven't talked names too much yet.  DH wants to find out what we are having, so maybe we'll just wait until we find out.  i've always liked the name Emery Claire, but DH doesn't really like it.  months before we even found out we were pregnant, we talked names and at the time we both liked Ruby, but we haven't really talked about it since, plus i don't know what middle name we would go with if we didn't use my middle name.  anyone have suggestions of what might go well with Ruby?

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

#65 of 73 Old 10-18-2011, 09:58 PM

thomatuttle: I think middle name choices really depend on the scansion of your last name. So, for instance, mine is one syllable with a lot of consonants, and I care a lot about aesthetics. This means I need a first name with at least 2, preferably 3 syllables, and a middle name that balances that. Also, since we go for 2 middle names, the pattern we're generally sticking with is 2-3 syllables, 1 syllable, 2-3 syllables. DD is Evelyn Rose Leslie, this would be Imogen Medb (Mev) Fiona, for example.

I think Ruby needs a 2-3 syllable middle name with the stress on the second syllable. So, Ruby Louise, Ruby Suzanne, Ruby Felicia, etc.

Why yes, I like baby names, and REALLY wish DH would talk about a boy name.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#66 of 73 Old 10-19-2011, 07:30 AM

I love reading everyone's names options. For a girl we are going with Sofia Rose or Nora Rose. I love the name Sofia but everyone says it is really popular. I am not sure that is a terrible thing though. My name is Anna and although I have always Loved my name (I would not even have a pretend name as a child) I was a little jealous of the other girls that shared a name. 

Boys names are a different story. All the names we like do not go well with our last name which is Button. I have always liked Benjamin but there is a movie Benjamin Button. My DH loves the name Quinton but he does not like the double -on  sound. Now DH is stuck on Malcolm and I don't think I love it. He wants to call him Mal. Right now The only name we sort of agree on is Lucas. We would love to hear suggestions!!

Me (34) DH (33) We are the proud parents to Rebecca (11) and we are all three excitedjumpers.gif to welcome our newest addition  stork-boy.gif April 20th.

#67 of 73 Old 10-19-2011, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Thomatuttle--I was going to say Ruby Eloise. Or Ruby Josephine. Or Ruby Meredith. I think three syllables is good with Ruby for some reason, although you could go the other way and have Ruby Faye or Ruby Jane. I have a friend who loved Ruby and ended up naming her daughter Tuesday, which I thought was a funny switch (she had bright red hair and they didn't want people to think it was because of that--of course now everyone asks if she was born on a Tuesday...)

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#68 of 73 Old 10-19-2011, 03:05 PM

I'm thinking Orion for a boy and Lennon for a girl, but those are subject to change. ;)

chicken3.gif Student mama to four big kids and one brand new baby girl Lennon (04/17/12)

#69 of 73 Old 10-20-2011, 06:17 AM

tulafina I searched endings for names, here's a link

I LOVE Ruby Josephine!!! (I do have a Josephine though, so I might be biased). there's a cute little kids book called Ruby Valentine.

Reusing names- we had a boy name picked out for each of the girls if they were a boy, it was different each time, but mostly b/c the names we had chosen ended up becoming popular. (Jude was the name that would have been our 8 year old, Teague would have been our 5 year old, not that Teague got popular, but Teagen/Keegan., Then our 2 year old would have been Whitaker. We are still going with Whitake,r we have never heard it used.

At a parade I sat near some girls named Wellesley and Ingalls. I LOVED both names, but know that we are very much not that type of family, bayshore families, money, refinement, fake boobs, and nannies for women who are stay at home and I wasn't sure if we could pull something like that off. Would it look weird for some poor hippie family to have girls with names like that?

IMOGEN- according to some baby name experts names get popular in england then come here. The upper class uses them and then the lower class starts using them, when that happens the upper class doesn't want to use them anymore.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#70 of 73 Old 10-20-2011, 06:34 AM

Courtney, even us poor hippie types can like "high class" names. :) Name your babies what you like!

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

#71 of 73 Old 10-20-2011, 06:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So coming up with names has been hard and  I was just going to wait until the ultrasound but then that nymbler site got me obsessed!  So, for a girl, we like Naomi and Phoebe.  I love the name Juniper but we have two fairly close friends with kids with that name so it is out, maybe a middle name?  Then, we had a boy name, Simon, but my SIL evidently called dibs on it a while back.  She's not pg but I don't see the point in rocking the boat.  Maybe if we find out we are having a boy we will ask about their level of devotion to the name.  It has been super hard to find boy names we like and easy to find girl ones. I like much more nontraditional names and DH is always vetoing my "hippie" names.  I think that is somewhat of a bummer because I like interesting names but I also really think it is important for us both to like our kids' names smile.gif  Really enjoying reading everyone else's name ideas, helps me think up some of my own!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#72 of 73 Old 10-22-2011, 04:01 PM

i picked out my kids names years ago, poor hubby has to accommodate that, lol.

for a girl Lily-Marie after the virgin mary and marie is also my grandmothers middle name

for a boy mahatma. my husband wasnt sold on this for awhile. its what ghandi was called by his people and it means great soul. love it!!!!!!!!

#73 of 73 Old 10-22-2011, 10:35 PM

If we have a boy he'll definitely be Jack for dh's dad.  I haven't thought a lot about girl names but actually i'm coming to really love April for a girl.  i'm kind of holding off on buying a baby book and seriously looking at names for now because i know it will consume me and drive me crazy.  loving this thread though!

happily married to my rock and roll cowboy guitar.gif since 2009, living the dream with our Rosebud, 26/04/12 joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page