Booked My First MW Appointmen - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-16-2011, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This morning I booked my first appointment with the midwives I'll be using.  I'm so excited.  September 21st at 8 am!!!  I will be 11 weeks, and I have heard both my boys' heartbeats at 10 weeks, so hopefully I will be able to hear this little one's heart at the appointment.  Otherwise I won't be back for another month, (or more, if it is up to me), and I only ever have them use the doppler to hear that first heartbeat,  so I really hope I can catch it that morning.  I'm working with a team of 3 midwives, one of which was my midwife for my first.  She will be my primary - meaning she will definitely attend my birth, the other two will be back up. I've worked with one of the others at a birth as a doula, but I'm looking forward to getting to know her as a patient, and to meet the other. 

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2011, 01:56 PM

Yay for midwife appointments!  My first one will be September 13th and I'll be about 9w.  I'm going to have the same primary midwife this time that I did with my daughter, but not sure about the secondary yet.  I just hope my 34 month old will cooperate at the appointments! :)

knit.gifLaura, mama to my wonderful Wilhelmina (11/08) energy.gif and my precious Peregrine (4/12) babyboy.gif

Old 08-17-2011, 04:59 AM

My meet & greet is August 28th :) I can't wait to meet her, I'm already 85% sure she's who I'm going to use. (There's only one other HBMW group in my area) 

Hillary (22) belly.gif Justin (25) stillheart.gif

We're expecting our first precious sprout in April 2012 joy.gif And planning a homebirth! homebirth.jpg

Old 08-18-2011, 11:59 AM

We had our meet and greet on Tuesday (even though she's been my Naturopath for a couple years now, we had questions about prenatal care), and our first prenatal appt. is Sept. 14th!  I'll be almost 11 weeks. 

I'm so excited to have her, because she is a naturopath as well as a midwife.  She brings such knowledge to the table.  And the backup she brings with her is also a naturopath/midwife.  Between the two of them and my mom being an RN, I think I'll be well taken care of!

User Tag List