Vitamin e supplement - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-17-2011, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

so Im new here Hi everyone....Im 5 weeks and My gynecologist prescribed vit E, C and folic acid but im ready about vitamin E online and im not so clear...is anyone else taking vitamin e here??? really worried...irked.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-17-2011, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I would be cautious with taking vitamin E since it is a fat soluble vitamin and stored up easier than water soluble ones. Fat soluble ones are a, d, e, and k.  Did they say why they wanted you on it?  I don't really know a good reason to take extra and definitely not for an extended time. My two cents, I'd wait on the vit E.

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#3 of 5 Old 08-17-2011, 04:38 PM

DDCC.  How much vitamin E?  I am pregnant and taking it as well.  Early in the pregnancy I was taking 800 IU/day and now I'm down to 200/day.  Everything I've read says this is perfectly safe and helpful in certain circumstances.  Typically they suggest you stop the E 5 or so weeks prior to your due date so you don't end up with a retained placenta. 

#4 of 5 Old 08-17-2011, 04:40 PM

Supposedly it is helpful for those who have a history of placental abruption.  I started taking it this time because my placenta had separated from the uterine wall, and last pregnancy, I did have an abruption.  That said, abruptions are pretty uncommon. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavorfull1 View Post

I don't really know a good reason to take extra and definitely not for an extended time.

#5 of 5 Old 08-18-2011, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

really grateful but I have Decided to get it through food and not take the supplement because my gynecologist says its okay....smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page