anyone else have on again/ off again spotting?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 08-18-2011, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, so I'm almost 8 weeks along and I'm still spotting.  Sometimes heavier than others, some more brownish red, others more bright red... I called the midwife and she said to stay off my feet and not to lift my 2 year old (easier said than done!)... I haven't had any cramping or pain, just spotting.  Also, just found out that my pap came back abnormal and now I have colposcopy and US scheduled for tomorrow...Just wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing with this or another pregnancy? 

Married to overworked  DH reading.gif since 2003, happily familybed1.gif mama to DD (01/09) and  babyboy.gif DS (4/12)

#2 of 15 Old 08-18-2011, 09:30 PM

I always though it was within the range of normal for paps done during pregnancy to come back with abnormal results? I've never had a pap while pregnant so I can't really attest to that at all beyond heresay, I'm sorry you're dealing with it though, it must be scary.

I did spot through the first halves of all 3 of my prior pregnancies. My first miscarried and my next 2 resulted in full term healthy babies. No spotting at all in this one, but lots of cramping. I hope it winds up being nothing for you!

#3 of 15 Old 08-18-2011, 11:36 PM

I don't really have anything reassuring to add, but I'm in the same boat. I'm seven weeks on and have been spotting pretty much since ovulation, but haven't had any cramping or pain. Sometimes it stops for a few days, some days I'll have alarmingly bright red splotches on my toilet paper...most days it's just a brownish spotting that shows up when I wipe.

My doctor doesn't seem at all concerned, but I'm having a harder time letting go of my fear--we tried for a really long time for this, and I'm terrified that something will go wrong.

I'm grateful that you posted this--I've been trying not to chat too much in here for fear that I'd have to bow out, and it's sort of a relief to know that someone else is having the same symptoms.

#4 of 15 Old 08-19-2011, 05:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have been for 2 days, and I am freaked out bawling.gif

#5 of 15 Old 08-19-2011, 10:28 AM

Last week I had a good amount of red blood show up. It was just that one time, since then i've had some brown spotting only when I wipe. This week I've been waking up feeling sick and I'm so tired I could sleep for days. I'm taking those as good signs and just trying to relax.

Hillary (22) belly.gif Justin (25) stillheart.gif

We're expecting our first precious sprout in April 2012 joy.gif And planning a homebirth! homebirth.jpg

#6 of 15 Old 08-19-2011, 10:40 AM

Mine has only been brown and only when I wipe (and even then, not every time). I saw my doctor today who says its normal, and given my morning sickness, probably nothing to worry about. He also ordered some bloodwork, and also gave me a form for an ultrasound, to confirm pregnancy and ease my mind.

#7 of 15 Old 08-21-2011, 07:20 PM

Chiromama, how'd your U/S go?

I woke up this morning to a lot more spotting than I've had, plus severe abdominal cramps. Spent five hours in the ER--cervix is still closed, but bleeding slightly. Not enough blood, in their opinion, that it's a big deal yet, but terrifying for me. The ER doc said that I've got a 50/50 chance of miscarriage/continuing to term. Phoning my regular OB tomorrow, and in the meantime, I'm staying in bed and panicking. Reassurance would be more than welcome.

#8 of 15 Old 08-22-2011, 07:42 AM

Oh, that would be terrifying!  Take care of yourselves, mamas.  You are all in my prayers. 

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#9 of 15 Old 08-22-2011, 08:55 AM

With my last pregnancy, I started spotting at exactly 8 weeks and I'm convinced that my body was just having a "fake" period when I normally would have had one. My son was healthy and a week late! Don't worry about it until you need to worry about it and I find that early ultrasounds and doctor's visits make life much more stressful!

#10 of 15 Old 08-22-2011, 06:31 PM

I'm out. Went to the OB today, where they did an ultrasound--which the ER didn't do. There's just nothing there anymore. We found something that might have been remnants of a sac, but that was it--and I was eight weeks on, so there definitely should've been more than that. (My last ultrasound, almost two weeks ago, showed more than this.)

I'm devastated--I don't know that we have the emotional or financial (my partner doesn't produce sperm) ability to do this again, and it took us forever this time. We'll have to talk about it and see if we can get a loan from somewhere, I think.

Best of luck to the rest of you.

#11 of 15 Old 08-23-2011, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so sorry for you loss.  I'll be thinking of you...

Married to overworked  DH reading.gif since 2003, happily familybed1.gif mama to DD (01/09) and  babyboy.gif DS (4/12)

#12 of 15 Old 08-23-2011, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

I had my US on Friday and the doc said there was a little "blood around the pregnancy"  which I guess is normal.  I think thats where the spotting is coming from. Fortunately it has pretty much stopped now.  The dr also performed a culposcopy to further investigate the abnormal pap and said he didn't see anything to worry about and we'll repeat the pap post baby.  So good news and much relief over here. 

I hope everyone else who is experiencing the same symptoms gets good news too.

Thinking of all of you and wishing you all the best! Keep me updated!

#13 of 15 Old 08-23-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meghanc View Post

I'm out. Went to the OB today, where they did an ultrasound--which the ER didn't do. There's just nothing there anymore. We found something that might have been remnants of a sac, but that was it--and I was eight weeks on, so there definitely should've been more than that. (My last ultrasound, almost two weeks ago, showed more than this.)

I'm devastated--I don't know that we have the emotional or financial (my partner doesn't produce sperm) ability to do this again, and it took us forever this time. We'll have to talk about it and see if we can get a loan from somewhere, I think.

Best of luck to the rest of you.

I'm so sorry.  Peace to you and your little one.  candle.gif

#14 of 15 Old 08-24-2011, 10:51 PM

Thanks, guys. We're gearing up to try again, so hopefully I'll be able to join a new club soon.

Chiromama, I'm glad to hear that yours doesn't seem to be anything to worry about--I hope it continues easily for you.

#15 of 15 Old 08-25-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghanc View Post

Thanks, guys. We're gearing up to try again, so hopefully I'll be able to join a new club soon.

Chiromama, I'm glad to hear that yours doesn't seem to be anything to worry about--I hope it continues easily for you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had 2 MC is the last 8 months and am currently 7 weeks and just cautiously optimistic, but secretly terrified. I know how devastating a mc is. I hope you guys can try again and have a happier outcome.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page