Mothering Forum banner

Bead and Gift swap! CLOSED~

2K views 48 replies 29 participants last post by  Tulafina 
#1 ·
Update- So I think most of the April ladies are 14+ weeks now right? I'm thinking I'll get a facebook group started so if any of you are interested just let me know here or send me a private message. I'm more than happy to be the organizer for both swaps:) Please let me know if you are interested in both or just the gift/bead swap. Need to get some numbers just in case there aren't enough for one or the other. If you're unsure of whatthis swap entails...just read down the thread as I've explained it a bit:)

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Talk to you soon, Ladies!

xo

DEADLINE TO JOIN- November 20th at midnight

If you cannot join the Facebook group because of privacy issues, not telling yet, etc, please let me know so I can send you the questionnaire and have you fill it out so I can start matching people up for Gift swaps. The bead swap doesn't require matching Mama's up so it's not a big deal if you join us later- just please let me know through PM.

Thank you!!

to organize a gift swap for our DDC. I've done 2 now(one here and one on another site) and I seriously love organizing them! Anyway, I can organize a gift and bead swap like I did for my June '10 DDC....or if someone wants to step in for the bead swap, that would be great. I know it's very early - I won't be asking for names until we get into the 2nd trimster. I'm not sure if mdc has created any new rules when it comes to gift swaps but I do remember needing to make it private and doing things through private messages. Anyway, you can let me know if this is something you'd be interested in and I'll keep tabs on this thread throughout the next couple months...or you can PM me:) If you have any questions...ask away:)

Take Care!

xoxo

See less See more
#3 ·
Not sure exactly what this is but it could be interesting. Can you tell us newbies more?

#4 ·
yes count me in! I haven't done the gift swap but the bead swap is when you buy a bead for everyone involved, send it to one person, that person gives a bead from each person involved to everyone so that you can make a necklace or birth necklace out of beads from all of us in the ddc. I think it sounds great!

#5 ·
The bead swap sounds like something I might be interested in participating in.

#10 ·
I love things like this! I really regret not participating in the bead swap in my last DDC... but I've done plenty of gift swaps (my Dec 05 DDC totally ROCKED and I had a GREAT time with gift swaps!)!

#12 ·
Ooh, yay, I would love to! I feel like this baby might not get anything new or special, being baby #6. It would be fun to have something just for this baby. Is the gift swap only for store bought items, or handmades too?

#13 ·
I'm definetley in for the bead swap and in for the gift swap if a homemade item is okay.

#16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryblaire View Post

I'm in for both!!

If the swaps have to be done off the forum would anyone be interested in creating a FB page for our DDC? We could organize there if needed?
smile.gif
Excellent idea! I'm totally game for that!

#17 ·
Absolutely! I can create a FB page no problem. If I made it now I would have to make it a secret group as I don't want anyone on FB to know I'm pregnant yet.....I may wait a month or 2 before creating it if it's going to be just a closed group.

Anyway, about the swaps- handmade is great! If you want to be in the swap and you cannot make the gift..that is totally ok as well. What I do when I set up the swap is get everyone to send their personal info to only me. I then send your secret swapper the info, including any other info you would like them to have such as.....boy or girl(if you are finding out), what you need or want for the baby, if there are allergies such as no wool etc, no plastic or toys....you catch my drift:) I asked everyone what they were hoping to get and then tried to match everyone based on that...so if someone wanted a knitted baby item...I matched them up with an avid knitter:)

As for bead swap- I had everyone go get their beads, send them to me with a little note(why they picked that bead, who it was to and from, and a small little birth quote or affirmation). I organized all the beads and sent them back in the prepaid envelope that was put in with the beads so I could just put the beads in the envlope and send back to the sender. If in Canada I asked for a few dollars to help pay for return postage. That's it!

Talk soon!

xo

Reactions: miss_honeyb
#18 ·
Yeah, this sounds so fun! Such a great idea, the bead thing almost makes me tear up (could be the hormones ... crud).

And x2 on the secret FB group unless it's delayed for a couple months.

#20 ·
Yay, I am so glad we are far enough into this for it to be "really real." I would love to be a part of the facebook group,just let me know how to find it I guess?

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendybird View Post

Yay, I am so glad we are far enough into this for it to be "really real." I would love to be a part of the facebook group,just let me know how to find it I guess?
Hi! Can you send me your Facebook name through PM? Just can't create a group until I have a friend to put in it! LOL Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.