Want bloodwork - find new permanent MW or just go somewhere else - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-20-2011, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I got a + HPT on Thurs.  Clouding any excitement is that I had an early PG loss at 6w in May.  So I am understandably apprehensive.

I want some kind of testing done.  Probably bloodwork at this point.

Problem is the MW I used for DS is moving.  I haven't had the energy to seek out a replacement HB MW, and probably wouldn't until I'm further along anyway.  There are a total of like 3 MW I would choose from for that anyway.  So my question is do I try to get in with one of them and do the whole 'interview' thing too, or do I see a hospital CNM group with no intentions of delivering with them?

At this point, I really just want the BW to see the numbers.  I don't want to think or talk about anything.  :p 

Carson, living life with my 3 boys: DH, DS Dec '09 blahblah.gif  and newbie DS Sept'12baby.gif

always two in my heartbeat.gif 

#2 of 5 Old 08-20-2011, 11:03 AM

See any old hospital group. With my first I was planning a homebirth but I wanted early monitoring (betas, ultrasounds) so I saw an OB for the first 20 weeks. It was no big deal. They didn't notice when I stopped showing up.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#3 of 5 Old 08-20-2011, 01:19 PM

I agree with this. I also don't know where you are, but here in Michigan my homebirth midwife (CPM) can't order lab work anyway. I am in a good situation this time around because my family practice will order anything the MW wants for me as long as I sign a waiver saying I am having a homebirth and won't hold them liable. That's as good as it gets around here.

I have an appointment at family practice in a few weeks to get some blood work done. I also want a beta (just one) so I have proof of pregnancy from a doctor for my WIC and anything else that comes along. They will also order my 20 wk u/s. I want to know where my placenta is since we are planning an HBAC.

Mom to Sam (3/2007), Bekah (4/2009)hbac.gif, Jedidiah (4/2012)hbac.gif, and expecting #4 in March!
#4 of 5 Old 08-20-2011, 03:48 PM

DDCC. Are you wanting to do just an hcg blood test? I monitor my own hcg w/out any MW or DR by ordering my own tests on directlabs.com. Super easy, you order online, then go to your local Lab Corp to have blood drawn, results come back fast and it's affordable!! You can get other blood tests done too. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.
#5 of 5 Old 08-23-2011, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Well thanks for the replies.  I had pretty much made up my mind to go to the hosp group and get BW but I don't know... I feel like this one is sticking around.  I just feel more pregnant than I did last time, if that makes sense?

I have to pay OOP for everything at this point so I think if I'm paying, I'd rather have an early US in a couple of weeks to see the HB (unnecessary but makes it feel real for me)

Carson, living life with my 3 boys: DH, DS Dec '09 blahblah.gif  and newbie DS Sept'12baby.gif

always two in my heartbeat.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page