Hesitant to join, but here I am! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-22-2011, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello Ladies!

I got my bfp on Friday, Aug 19, 12 dpo. Tested again last night and the test line showed up before the control line and was practically red by the time it was done... SO here I am! 

I've had 4 losses between 4.5 and 6 weeks, 2 before my pregnancy with dd and 2 this spring. I joined the January ddc, but only lasted there for 2 weeks. So Im hesitant to join, but here I am, trying not to worry unless I have a reason to worry!

After my first 2 losses, I started seeing a acupuncturist who specializes in fertility, then I got preg with dd, perfect pregnancy. Started ttc #2 this sping and had 2 more losses. I went back to acupuncture on Aug 8 (1dpo) and Aug 15th, I'll keep going back throughout my pregnancy for sure. Im now pretty positive that for whatever reason, my body needs the acupuncture to stay pregnant.

Im feeling better about this time around, maybe its a false sense of security seeing the acupuncturist, but also, with all 4 losses, my test line was always faint, and yesterdays line looked like the lines I got with dd :)

Carolyn, married to M, momma to K (09/'09) and C (04/'12).
#2 of 4 Old 08-22-2011, 06:46 PM

Hi!  I hope this is the sticky bean for you!  I had 3 early losses before having my dd-- it definitely makes the first few weeks a bit more nerve-wracking.  I hope the acupuncture proves to be your magic bullet again.  I had surgery to remove a polyp before conceiving my dd, and have tried to convince myself that I don't need to worry about a repeat of those previous experiences-- it certainly helps to have something to hold on to to let me believe that this time will be okay  :) 

Congrats on your dark line-- maybe soon you'll get to feel sick and miserable, which can be oddly comforting despite the unpleasantness!

#3 of 4 Old 08-22-2011, 07:00 PM

Congrats! I pray this is a great pregnancy for you, and how very cool it is that acupuncture helped you both times. I am with you in trying to be positive and not worry( i had a 9 week loss earlier this year, and a 12 week and 6 week loss years ago). It's hard, but hopefully we will both be here till the end!

Wendy,loving wife to Brian, happy mama of Trinity(15), Christian(15), Gavin(13), Logan(11), Griffon(9),Jubilee(7), Epiphany (4), and Lucian Danger( born 18 April 12) <3
#4 of 4 Old 08-23-2011, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you both! I have an acupuncture appointment this morning, so I get to tell her the news. I've been having mild af like cramps on and off, but I had that with dds pregnancy, as well as the 4 losses, so I just keep telling myself it's just the little bean digging in for a nice long stay!

Carolyn, married to M, momma to K (09/'09) and C (04/'12).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page