Anyone suspect twins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 08-23-2011, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am starving. All. The. Time. I literally eat a small meal every hour, yet I've lost 7 pounds so far.

I am huge. Very uncomfortable already.

I don't know when I'll be able to get an US to confirm my suspicion. Until then I guess I'll just wonder.

#2 of 16 Old 08-23-2011, 10:18 AM

With my last pregnancy they suspected twins.  I went from measuring spot on at 9 weeks to "size precedes dates" at 13 weeks.  My midwife said that's exactly when/how twins generally present themselves.  I got an U/S at 14 weeks.  Just one in there!   And I was always hungry too, but I'm generally always hungry so it was nothing new.  LOL!

#3 of 16 Old 08-23-2011, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

iv been on clomid for 4 months at (100 mg this month) and iv always felt like i will have twins. but after trying for so long to get preggo with this baby, ill be happy with anything! haha

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#4 of 16 Old 08-23-2011, 12:32 PM

I am a fraternal twin. I keep waiting for twins. I would be fine with it, but I don't know if I would homebirth twins. I really don't want to go to the hospital. So I guess we'll wait and see!

Mom to Sam (3/2007), Bekah (4/2009)hbac.gif, Jedidiah (4/2012)hbac.gif, and expecting #4 in March!
#5 of 16 Old 08-23-2011, 12:39 PM

I have to admit that I am wondering. I'm only 5 weeks but I feel huge, very different then the last 2 times.

Maybe it's all gas, even though I can't imagine there is much left inside me after all of the farting I have been doing! Pregnancy is nothing if not an earthy experience. I didn't have this the last 2 times either. I'll take gas over vomiting any day of the week. winky.gif

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#6 of 16 Old 08-23-2011, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

You know that 'full' feeling you get at about 8 months? When bending and sitting straight are no longer comfy? I'm there now! My pants are too tight - I'm talking loose, cargo style capri pants w/ stretchy waistband!

#7 of 16 Old 08-23-2011, 01:39 PM

Oh heck no, no twins in here.  I would die.  Like fall over, hit my head, and die.   faint.gif

#8 of 16 Old 08-23-2011, 01:52 PM

haha.. ditto here, justKate ;) 

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#9 of 16 Old 08-23-2011, 04:01 PM

DH jokes that we're having twins. I hope not.

L

ribboncesarean.gif   vbac.gif  My kids jammin.gif  

#10 of 16 Old 08-24-2011, 07:00 PM

With our second, who was unexpected (though not unwelcomed!), I walked into the ultrasound room and said, "Can I have a bucket next to the exam bed?  If you find twins in here I am going to throw up.  I DO NOT WANT TWINS."  It turned out that both the male ultrasound tech and the female "chaperone" who somehow needed to be in there were BOTH parents of twins.  ;)  Open foot, insert mouth.

But seriously.  Put me in the JustKate camp of "fall over, hit my head, and die."  No way.  Even if I suspected twins, I would be ignoring that suspicion.  I don't need any more anxiety right  now!!

Distraction is not the same thing as play.
Be part of the diaper free revolution. 

DS1, 6 years.  DS2, 4 years.  DS3, brand new!  (April 2012)

#11 of 16 Old 08-26-2011, 07:10 PM

Oh my word, I have thought about this and cringe.  We have two sets of "virtual twins" (one adopted/one birthed weeks apart) and are on number 8...we agreed we like even numbers.  So then I think, if we have twins (which DO run in my family) that would be an odd number and I'd have to go for 10! ROTFLMAO.gif

Wife to one cowboy and Mama to seven wonder kids.
#12 of 16 Old 08-26-2011, 08:22 PM

My dr brought this up, and I'm firmly in the "hit head and die" camp. Firmly. Very firmly. This pregnancy is just so weird. Much higher hcg than past pregnancies. Round ligament type pain already. And it is just different. I have no reason to think twins really, but will feel better as th next weeks unfold.
#13 of 16 Old 08-27-2011, 08:08 AM

I always suspect twins at some point in all my pregnancies, so I don't really feel I'm reliable in that area anymore, lol.  Yea, I have wondered.  I am definitely growing already but I kind of wonder if that's because I'm the smallest I've ever been when pregnant before and you do show earlier in subsequent pregnancies.  I would prefer one, I think.  DH jokes and is serious about how great two would be right away...maybe he ought to lactate to help me out then ;)  Sometimes I find myself wishing for two (boy/girl) but then I snap back to reality.  I would really like to take it easy and that would be much more difficult with two.  Any which way, we're blessed.

Tanya treehugger.gif DH-Brian, DD Adri (8), DD Izzy (7), DS Ollie angel.gif (1/5/11 @ 17 weeks) and our rainbow1284.gif baby due April 12th, 2012.

Of all the lessons I did not learn as a child, or even as an adult; I learn through being, mother to my children. Through love and through pain, we are delivered and blessed!

#14 of 16 Old 08-27-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aletheia View Post

With our second, who was unexpected (though not unwelcomed!), I walked into the ultrasound room and said, "Can I have a bucket next to the exam bed?  If you find twins in here I am going to throw up.  I DO NOT WANT TWINS."  It turned out that both the male ultrasound tech and the female "chaperone" who somehow needed to be in there were BOTH parents of twins.  ;)  Open foot, insert mouth.

Meh.  If they're parents of twins they knew where you were coming from.  My best friend had twins in June, and she isn't bothered one bit by my "anything but twins" attitude.  It just complicates things!  Worst of all, fitting three across in my car and BFing constantly....

#15 of 16 Old 08-28-2011, 06:21 AM

I'm really looking forward to loving just one baby this time.  A friend of mine had twins some years ago and then a singleton, she said it was so nice and peaceful taking care of just one, like he was the most perfect baby.

Wife to one cowboy and Mama to seven wonder kids.
#16 of 16 Old 08-28-2011, 10:01 AM

I always wanted identical twin girls ( am one) but not this time, because that would mean I'd have 5 kids. My twin sister and I were my moms 4 and 5, she was so upset about being pregnant and praying because she didn't think she could handle 4 kids and she never had to. I will be VERY happy to have 4 kids and I am praying I don't end up with 5.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page