When will May be up? **Edited** Link to new May 2012 Group inside - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 264 Old 08-31-2011, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

So I totally did my EDD wrong and am due June 7th!

OOPS....

I don't think that's possible.  You'd have to conceive 9/15 for a due date of 6/7.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#62 of 264 Old 08-31-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayjean View Post

monkeys- there is a birth partner script that helps them to remain calm.  There is also a fear release track that you can listen to together.  I always say it's a good one to listen to when you "know this is it" to get all those fears out of the way.  And you can listen to it throughout your pregnancy too <3

Thanks!  Dh and I will have to talk and see if that would be helpful for him.

#63 of 264 Old 08-31-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post

I don't think that's possible.  You'd have to conceive 9/15 for a due date of 6/7.

Are you sure? I went to the MW today and she said pregnancy is 10 luteil phases and asked my last period. I told her when it was and she said my EDD would be June 7th? I think I conceived on Aug 15th.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#64 of 264 Old 08-31-2011, 03:07 PM

She must have gone a month past, because that O date gives a May 7th due date.  Trust me, our anniversary is in beginning of August.  We're on our third May bday here. LOL  

Try this calculator and play with the dates.  You can enter LMP, O date, or EDD and see a list of significant dates for the pregnancy.  If you put in 6/7 as EDD it says you are -1 week preggo with O date of 9/15.  http://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator

#65 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 07:19 AM

Yeah pretty sure, my conception date is probably August 15th and I have a May 7th date.

#66 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 10:38 AM

Aha then we have the same EDD! Well maybe a day or two off. I feel like a dummy! She obvs did it from August and not July or something...hmmm

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#67 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 10:59 AM

I'm beginning to think we will be a thread forever :p Anyone know what the deal is with the social groups?

hammer.gif Homeschooling the animal lover DD1 (8/06), chasing the free spirit DD2 (12/07), and tracking the ninja DD3 (5/09), angel1.gif 10/9, angel1.gif 9/11, angel1.gif 11/11 with the poor estrogen immersed DH (10/03) dizzy.gif

5****faint.gif****15****20***30***40

#68 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

I was just thinking the same thing.  I got my BFP almost 2 weeks ago.  I'm not sure if it's taking extra long for us because they just decided to make DDCs a social group instead or what.  I hope we get one before they need a June DDC.  lol

Me + B + my 3 + his 3 = family of 8

Make it 9: DS born 5/7/12 biggrinbounce.gif

#69 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 11:07 AM

I have no clue. More MDC changes! I want the old MDC back (format anyways)

BTW Shannon if you are having another hospital birth I think a doula is a necessity! How did your first go? Are there any birth centers near you? (there are way too few here I traveled over an hour to get to mine) I feel like you told me before you had trouble BF the first, if so have you found an LLL group near you? (if not sorry wrong person)

What do you all think about LLL? I love mine. I had a potential HB MW tell me she liked the org. but that they started branching into other aspects of parenting and it changed things for a lot of people so people don't feel comfortable there. I will say my group seems pretty against CIO and spanking and some people are very permissive parents, but I think it's like everything else take it or leave it. Although it is really only suppose to be about BFing....

#70 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 02:13 PM

I just posted in the Social Groups thread this morning asking if we could have an ETA for our group.  I haven't seen a response yet.  We're halfway through May EDDs, so June really is right around the corner.  I wish they would have continued starting forums until the SG thing was up and running. :(  I feel like we're in limbo.  

#71 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 02:39 PM

Hi Ladies! CONGRATS! I just got my BFP a couple days ago - I'm due on May 11th. I'm so excited and can't wait to get to know all of you over the next 9 months. 

RenoKirby ~  Its my 2nd year in the schools and I’m thrilled about the timing – I’m due just a few days before school gets out -- looks like we both lucked out with the timing! 

mylilmonkeys ~ I know what you mean about being in limbo...I love my ttc thread, but feel strange chatting about early pregnancy symptoms and such on that one. It will be great to have the DDC up and running! 

#72 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 03:04 PM

So first day of school today was rough!  I have four at home and four in school.  My summer routine was pretty nice.  Since the twins are up every 30m to 1hr most nights, I don't get much sleep.  It's usually 11:30 before they are both down to sleep, too.  So in the AM, I would send them down about 7 with one of my oldest children, and then get a solid 1.5 to 2 hr sleep.  Now, of course, I 

need to be taking kids to school at 7:30.  I was hoping to come home and lay down, but the babes wouldn't cooperate.  12yo DD is on her virtual class at 8, so I need to try to keep them semi-quiet so she can concentrate.  The good part about her being home is that I don't have to wake up and dress and haul everyone out the door.  3yo DD was just waking up when I got home from driving the boys to school.  But, I'm exhausted.  I keep trying to catch a quick nap here or there, but someone always wakes up or needs me.  Ugh.

I haven't been feeling symptoms as strongly as I did last week, but this deep exhaustion and ravenous appetite are enough to convince me, yep, still pg.  It's very surreal without having missed a period.

#73 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 03:40 PM

Hi all! I just got a bfp last night and am due around May 6. It's a little bit of a shock!  We weren't trying, yet we weren't exactly being careful, sooooo....redface.gif.  This will be our third.  I've had two losses, though, so I'm basically petrified of losing another baby.  I'll be able to relax once I get near the end of the first trimester.

I tandem nursed throughout my 2nd pregnancy and for more than a year afterwards.  Right now I'm still nursing my 2 1/2 year old, but she only nurses once or twice a day, which is nice because yowie!  it hurts!

knit.gifmama to my boy autismribbon.gif (9/06) and my girl (3/09) and surprise 1sttri.gif due in May!

#74 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 04:34 PM

I'm nursing my 2 y/o like every 20 mins! She will not let up! It hasn't been hurting though but man am I drained.

#75 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 05:03 PM

Hello ladies!! I am wandering over from the TTC forum.. I was lucky enough to only hang around for a month!!  I got my BFP yesterday and am still floating on cloud 9 joy.gif 

FF shows my Due date as May 12, so I am ready for a May 2012 DDC!!  I hope something happens soon :)  Nice to meet you all and H&H 9 months to everyone!!

maryamrose likes this.

ME: 29 DH: 27 stillheart.gif Married for 3 years now.  Got my pos.gif August 31, 2011!  joy.gif Woohoo!!!

stork-boy.gif May 12, 2012 - Baby Deacon joined our family

#76 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 05:35 PM

I'm nursing a 2 yr old as well!!  Glad to see I'm not the only one.  My first weaned during my pregnancy w/ my 2nd but this one seems pretty darned attached to his "milkie" so we shall see....I'm not sure how I feel about tandem nursing.  It's great in theory, but man I get touched out sometimes!  

I'm asking the apprentice midwife from my first birth if she'd be interested in being my primary (if she'd even taking them yet) along with her amazing preceptor/my midwife from last time.  SO excited thinking about giving birth again!  

Having a hard time keeping this secret from family!!  I'm going to try to wait til October, but 3rd pregnancy at however many weeks I am (no idea, 5 or 6?) I already am feeling poochy.  Is this normal?  I don't remember getting poochy so fast even w/ my 2nd one.  Lilmonkeys??  Anyone w/ a bunch, care to weigh in on this?

#77 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 05:53 PM

Hello ladies!  I just got my BFP this morning!  It doesn't feel real yet.  I think I'm still in shock!  The last time I was pregnant was10 years ago.  Like, exactly.  My EDD with DD was May 6th.  This time it's May 7th (roughly).  lol  Anyway, I'm super excited to be here, and I can't wait to get to know all of you.  :D

ETA:  There's this silly thing going around on Facebook where you post something like, "I'm 11 weeks and craving Snickers"  Each week corresponds to your birth month and then your birth day corresponds to a candy.  I'm SOO tempted to say, "I'm 4 weeks and craving a steak"...just to see if anyone would catch on.  If I was a little further along I totally would!

sosurreal09 likes this.

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

#78 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 06:06 PM

Bummer. I keep checking and getting disappointed :( 

I'm still nursing my almost-2 year old, although it's just morning and night. No pain or anything yet, thank goodness.

#79 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayjean View Post

Having a hard time keeping this secret from family!!  I'm going to try to wait til October, but 3rd pregnancy at however many weeks I am (no idea, 5 or 6?) I already am feeling poochy.  Is this normal?  I don't remember getting poochy so fast even w/ my 2nd one.  Lilmonkeys??  Anyone w/ a bunch, care to weigh in on this?

Right there with ya, though I wasn't exactly back to tone this time round.  I think very early on it's just a bit of bloating and it tends to pipe down before real showing starts.  Still, I'd rather think of it as baby belly rather than bloating. LOL  You'll probably be fine to keep it to yourself for a few months yet.

#80 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 06:15 PM

Welcome to our limbo, Janellody and BubbleMa!  Congratulations!  

LOL at the Facebook meme.  Steak does sound good....

#81 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 06:34 PM

Hmm...Bubblema, your post made me think perhaps we could all just start a facebook group while waiting for the DDC to be up? I think a lot of the DDCs end up doing a fb group (yes, I've been stalking other DDCs just waiting for the day I could join one, haha!) And yes, steak sounds great :-) 

#82 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 06:44 PM

Meredith, Janellody, BubbleMa, I am out of the loop about your pos.gif! Congrats to you three, so wonderful to see some familiar faces/names here.

I also saw the facebook meme and wanted to say "I'm five weeks and everything smells terrible but I'm eating it anyway!"  ROTFLMAO.gif

Meredith, I am with you on this timing thing -- it is fabulous! How long do you plan to wait before you tell your principal? I am a bloated hot mess and afraid people will suspect soon, but since I'm new maybe they'll think I've just always been this shape! Part of me wants to wait a long time, but I am also bursting to share.

I'm 30, SO is 27, married since 2006. DS Isaac born 5/15/12. First time mama getting the hang of bfinfant.gifand cd.gif.

#83 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 06:48 PM

I don't do fbook, but my dh has one.  Maybe ya'll can friend him. LOL  bigeyes.gif

#84 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 06:48 PM

:( I think I might be out. Pink blood this evening, not a lot, but more than spotting. I've never had early bleeding with any of my previous pregnancies. Well, I did have implant bleeding with my oldest, but at the time I had no clue it was leading to pregnancy, just thought it was a light period. At any rate a little late for implant bleeding since it's pink.

hammer.gif Homeschooling the animal lover DD1 (8/06), chasing the free spirit DD2 (12/07), and tracking the ninja DD3 (5/09), angel1.gif 10/9, angel1.gif 9/11, angel1.gif 11/11 with the poor estrogen immersed DH (10/03) dizzy.gif

#85 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 07:12 PM

tibris ~ ((HUGS)) Hoping and praying that everything is ok! Light spotting in early pregnancy is pretty common...could you maybe get checked out by your midwife tomorrow or something? 

Reno ~ The OneThread is having a bfp explosion right now. KM84 got one too! I am terrible at keeping this a secret as well! I'm going to wait until we see the heartbeat on an ultrasound (around 8-9 weeks, right?) before telling my principal. We have a new principal this year and I don't know him that well yet...our old principal was this 60 year old grandma-ish lady and I'd have probably told her already haha! But this new guy...I just don't know. Of course, my 3 closest teacher friends know, so given how well ladies keep secrets in my school, everyone will know soon enough lol.gif

#86 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibris View Post

:( I think I might be out. Pink blood this evening, not a lot, but more than spotting. I've never had early bleeding with any of my previous pregnancies. Well, I did have implant bleeding with my oldest, but at the time I had no clue it was leading to pregnancy, just thought it was a light period. At any rate a little late for implant bleeding since it's pink.

goodvibes.gif Stay put little bean!

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

#87 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 07:29 PM

Never was happy with any MW I met with in the last two pregnancy, but thank you for assuming a crunchier me :) I don't know that my dr office would do much. Early on as I am, they probably wouldn't do anything. Maybe draw blood and tell me to come back next week to do it again. I might call in the morning just to see.

lol are you suggesting teachers gossip?? No! :) SIL is a teacher :p

If I end up mc it is going to make the fb postings not so funny :(

#88 of 264 Old 09-01-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellody View Post

Hello ladies!! I am wandering over from the TTC forum.. I was lucky enough to only hang around for a month!!  I got my BFP yesterday and am still floating on cloud 9 joy.gif 

YAY! SO glad to see you here! Congrats!!!

And congrats to all the other newcomers :) We have a great group here (even if we're just a wee thread for now).

We've been interviewing midwives this week and we found the ones we want to work with today. We just all clicked instantly and it felt like we'd known each other forever. My husband and I are now even more excited about this whole process! Plus - we just heard back about a house we put in an offer for, and they accepted our offer :D so now we'll [probably] have a home to actually give birth in.

Even though I had pretty terrible nausea, it's been a pretty good day. I hope we can get this group stuff sorted out soon!

-maryam-

mother to a little silly goose boy (May 2012) + seven non-human kiddos + five who have passed on stillheart.gif

partner to a babywearing, dirt-digging, diaper-washing, hammer-wielding programmer since November 2003

#89 of 264 Old 09-02-2011, 04:17 AM

^ Can't you have a HB in an apartment? That was kinda my plan LOL

We are in a 3 fam but we are a townhouse attached to a townhouse above a basement type apartment. Now that I think of it the walls are a bit thin...although I definitely doing another hypnobirth Lord knows what will happen during transition....I guess I will just warn the neighbors?

#90 of 264 Old 09-02-2011, 09:45 AM

Hi again maryamrose!!! 

Quick question... my friend (who has an 11 month old) says that the doctors count how far along you are starting from the first day of your last period (mine was august 4) meaning I would be almost 4 weeks??? That seems crazy as my baby is obviously only 2 weeks old and not 4!  Is this true??  Does anyone know?

ME: 29 DH: 27 stillheart.gif Married for 3 years now.  Got my pos.gif August 31, 2011!  joy.gif Woohoo!!!

stork-boy.gif May 12, 2012 - Baby Deacon joined our family

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page