When will May be up? **Edited** Link to new May 2012 Group inside - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 04:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

KM ~ Awww hug2.gif I think sometimes men just truly don't understand our need to talk to other women when it comes to these things. I'm sure he isn't trying to be insensitive, he just has no way of knowing what it feels like. Perhaps sit down with him and tell him you love having his support, but it means a lot to you to talk with your mother about this. Even if it is a chemical pregnancy, it would be nice to have your mom to lean on as well. 

Amy ~ Those betas sound great!

I'm also in my "ultrasound 2ww" - It is scheduled for the 21st. I am really nervous about them not being able to see a heartbeat that early. I've searched online and lots of people say that they saw a flicker of the heartbeat at 6 weeks pregnant on a transvaginal ultrasound...I'm just worried because when I miscarried before, that is how we found out that the baby had died. We didn't see the heartbeat at 6 weeks so I came back at 8 weeks and baby hadn't grown and there was no heartbeat. So, I'm trying to just relax and enjoy finally being pregnant again, but it is hard. 

#122 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 07:12 AM

KM - I know how you feel.. hubby wanted to keep it a secret from everyone for like 8 weeks which I initially agreed to.  After 1 day had passed, I sat him down and said I couldn't do it.  I wanted to tell my friends about how I felt and I just couldn't wait that long.  I got to tell a bunch of people yesterday and it was great.  Maybe you should sit him down and let him know how worried you are and you really need your mom to talk to, if nobody else.  I hope he understands. grouphug.gif

AFM, I was awake some last night and pretty crampy.  Now I am feeling ok but it IS very worrisome when the cramps are a bit intense... confused.gif  I hope it's all normal and ok.  We went to the fair last night and I had way too much ice cream even though I told myself I wouldn't eat too bad.  So now I feel a little guilty.  All I want to do is eat well for my little one now, having treat here and there is one thing but last night I overdid it. I gotta be better, so I am saying it out loud now (kind of) that I am going to do better!

My face always seems warmer than the rest of me.  Just interesting, and thought I would share.  Hope everyone has a great labor day weekend!

ME: 29 DH: 27 stillheart.gif Married for 3 years now.  Got my pos.gif August 31, 2011!  joy.gif Woohoo!!!

stork-boy.gif May 12, 2012 - Baby Deacon joined our family

#123 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

We just told our kids Thursday evening.  They were so excited!  I am remarried and haven't had a baby for over 7 years.  We had thought about waiting, but I want to be able to tell my mom and sisters and felt the kids should know first.  Plus I was getting really tired of being sneaky.  I hid pregnancy books under my bed, had to make sure I didn't leave a pregnancy website up when the kids walked in the room, talked code to dh about morning sickness, etc.  Now I can be open which is so freeing!  We are going to my parents house for dinner Sunday so will tell them and any siblings that are there.  Then we are having a Labor Day BBQ with dh's family and will tell them the news then.  I will be almost 6 weeks at that point.  We won't be having another big family get together until Thanksgiving and by then I will be clearly showing so we thought it would be fun to tell them in person now.

Me + B + my 3 + his 3 = family of 8

Make it 9: DS born 5/7/12 biggrinbounce.gif

#124 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 09:11 AM

Meredith - *hug* I'm sure your babe will show up wonderful on the u/s! Those numbers sound okay, there's nothing wrong with average :) There's a reason it's average - normal! :) 

Shashalily - pg clothes are so awful, I hope you found a few things! Those are the only maternity clothes I hung on to were from Motherhood, good quality stuff!

KM - Don't feel lonely, you really get to know the ladies in the DDC and are a team during the 9 months! Look to the ladies here and know they are your friends and confidants!

Amy - Sending you good vibes! You will make it to the end this time! :)

Update for me, I'm pregnant, but not :p I'm in limbo. HCG levels dropped to 9, still passing clots when I go to the bathroom. The ER dr (went to ER since OB's triage nurse was worried about ectopic with what I was feeling) said I should get my levels checked again next week. My cervix is still intact, so I have not had a miscarriage. She said sometimes people they swear are headed for MC end up recovering for unknown reasons. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Feeling nauseous today, suppose that's a sign for either way. I did read up on such things a bit and sounds like that situation is not unusual if it was twins, women lose one twin, thinking the pregnancy is over, but the other survives.

hammer.gif Homeschooling the animal lover DD1 (8/06), chasing the free spirit DD2 (12/07), and tracking the ninja DD3 (5/09), angel1.gif 10/9, angel1.gif 9/11, angel1.gif 11/11 with the poor estrogen immersed DH (10/03) dizzy.gif

5****faint.gif****15****20***30***40

#125 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 09:34 AM

Looks like I'm out.  I mentioned back a few pages that my symptoms seemed to disappear, so I had DH bring a couple more tests home.  Both neg.  Don't know exactly what's going on, but my midwife agreed that it is super rare to get a false positive.

My midwife gave me what to look for if bleeding starts and I need more assistance.  I'm not ready to go for an US or anything until we are far enough along from the last time DH and I were intimate for that to show on an US.  Meanwhile, she's going to consult our backup OB and see if I could possibly just reabsorb the conception, or what might happen.  Never miscarried before.  I'm slightly bummed, but I have two beautiful babies to look after and I trust God's will.  I already feel that I have had some significant spiritual growth through this experience.  I'm grateful if this babe was not here to stay, that it was very quick and early.  I've only told my mom and my midwives IRL, so I don't have to go about repeating details all over.  

I hope everyone has wonderful pregnancies!  I'll miss being part of this group!  I hope to pop in next May and check out all of your beautiful babies.  

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#126 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibris View Post

Update for me, I'm pregnant, but not :p I'm in limbo. HCG levels dropped to 9, still passing clots when I go to the bathroom. The ER dr (went to ER since OB's triage nurse was worried about ectopic with what I was feeling) said I should get my levels checked again next week. My cervix is still intact, so I have not had a miscarriage. She said sometimes people they swear are headed for MC end up recovering for unknown reasons. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Feeling nauseous today, suppose that's a sign for either way. I did read up on such things a bit and sounds like that situation is not unusual if it was twins, women lose one twin, thinking the pregnancy is over, but the other survives.

Hugs!!!  This sucks.  I hope yours turns out well.  Prayers for a healthy little bean in there.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#127 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 09:41 AM

:( So sorry monkeys! Maybe me and you are destined for another DDC :) Take care hun!

hammer.gif Homeschooling the animal lover DD1 (8/06), chasing the free spirit DD2 (12/07), and tracking the ninja DD3 (5/09), angel1.gif 10/9, angel1.gif 9/11, angel1.gif 11/11 with the poor estrogen immersed DH (10/03) dizzy.gif

#128 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 09:59 AM

monkeys & tibrisgrouphug.gif Monkeys, I am so sorry. Tibris, do you think it is likely that you were carrying twins? My mom had that happen - my sister had a twin - but my mom lost the other one early ond and my sister went on to be perfectly healthy. Thinking about you both today! 

#129 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 10:17 AM

My sister did just have twins, my grandfather was a twin, there are others in my family too. It is a possibility, but I am trying to not get my hopes up :(

#130 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

monkeys ~ I'm sad to hear this.  I've enjoyed your posts and was looking forward to being in the DDC together.  ((((HUGS)))

tibris~ I hope it all turns out ok and you are at peace with whatever happens.  The DDC would miss you.  ((((HUGS)))) to you too.

#131 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 12:56 PM

Hi everybody!  We just found out on Thursday I'm pg! DD is May 2nd, so this will be my third, ahh!  Looks like I will have my wish to have all my  kids before 30...because after this one I think we will be done.  It is a total whoops, and I am a little worried, we are not doing that well financially AND (most importantly) I have an 8 mo.  My brother and I are 18 months apart and I always thought my mom was so crazy for doing that...now here I am!  I'm excited to get to know everybody, and I hope I can keep up with this thread/DDC!  

AmyW- Last pregnancy I read Avivah Jill Romm's book on pregnancy and birth (The Natural Pregnancy Book) and I LOVE this one, it is one of my favorites.  Another one I referred to a LOT was Susun Weed's Childbearing Year. 

Dp, me dreads.gif  ds#1  goodvibes.gif, ds #2 jog.gif and ds#3 drool.gif

#132 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 04:27 PM

shastalily, I'm remarried too, my DD will be exactly 10 years old when this baby is born.  Her b-day is April 30th, and I'm due May 7th (ish).  Her due date was May 6th.  :)  Luckily I'm not experiencing morning sickness, so it's been pretty easy to hide it.  I know she'll be SO excited.  At least once a day she tells me she wants a baby brother or sister.  :)

tibris, mylilmonkeys   hug2.gifhug2.gif

Natalya, congrats and welcome!! 

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

#133 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 05:58 PM

So today I have had some MAJOR upper abdomen pain!  But when I am laying down it is ok, and it just started about an hour ago when I tried to go shopping.  To be honest, it feels like gas pain.  And although this is TMI, I had a LOT of refried beans for lunch and have been gassy all afternoon, so this is probably gas pains right??  Please tell me yes so I don't worry! =/

I found this online when I googled, so I am hopeful...

"

Gas

In "What To Expect When You're Expecting," Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel note that one of the earliest symptoms of pregnancy is a significant slowing of the digestive tract. A product of high and changing levels of hormones, the digestive tract slows down so as to extract every possible bit of nutrition from food, maximizing calories and vitamins available to both mom and baby. An unfortunate side effect of a gut that crawls at a snail's pace is that food stays in the intestine--and available to native intestinal bacteria--much longer. The product of bacterial digestion of food is gas, and quite a bit of it. Though everyone has gas pains from time to time, pregnant women are particularly susceptible, since their gas production is prodigious. Gas pains can feel sharp or dull, and may feel quite high in the abdomen due to generalized bloating.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/161069-causes-of-pain-in-the-upper-abdomen-while-pregnant/#ixzz1WwREIIf1"

ME: 29 DH: 27 stillheart.gif Married for 3 years now.  Got my pos.gif August 31, 2011!  joy.gif Woohoo!!!

#134 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

janellody - the best advice I've heard so far is to listen to your body, and trust its signals to tell you when something is really wrong. My cramping has been freaking me out, but I can't say it really feels like something is "wrong." If you ate gassy foods and have gas... it's probably just that :D The one thing I've been told to watch out for is lower back pain, apparently that is not generally a normal part of pregnancy.

Hugs to both tibris and mylilmonkeys grouphug.gif

Thanks for all the support. I told my husband how I was feeling, and once he understood he was fine with telling our parents. My mom was really excited, and had actually suspected something - which was funny because I wasn't pregnant when she had her suspicions. I found out that her pregnancy with me was uneventful, which eased my fears a lot. She was 39 and had uterine fibroids when she had me, so she was considered "high risk." She also said she lost 20lbs of her own weight while pregnant (but gained a safe amount of baby weight), so a month or so after giving birth she was her skinniest ever. Here's hoping that's genetic!

My in-laws are excited too, but since they're younger (50) I think they're feeling old from the prospect of becoming grandparents. My mother, on the other hand, has been rocking the senior citizen discounts for years so I think she's ready for it. orngtongue.gif

I'm going to pick up the Mayo clinic's book on pregnancy, I've banned myself from googling. All google does is let me convince myself that everything is going wrong. My cramps have been less today, and more generalized lower in my abdomen versus the sharper cramps higher on my right side. Apparently until the placenta comes in, the ovary/follicle that released the egg still has some work to do producing... one of the hormones... so cramping there isn't uncommon.

trekkie.gifknit.gifMother to an adorable girl born May 2012, miscarriages in July and November 2013.
#135 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 07:29 PM

Ah, so glad to have found this! I got my BFP on Wednesday and have been checking for like a week before that (anxious much? lol!) for a May DDC. Finally figured I'd take a peek at the April moms and saw this. Monday for the DDC sounds good for me! I'm also interested in the FB group, I'll send a message to.. um... forgot already, sorry.

I'm due May 5th-ish, I have an 18 month old and an almost 3 year old. Both still nursing- but not for long. I nursed through one pregnancy and hated ever second of it, so we are actively weaning now.

Monkeys and tibris- I'm so sorry to hear this. Tibris, I hope that baby sticks! Monkeys, I read through the thread so far and it would have been fun chatting with you, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Janolledy- I am so freaking gassy. I actually started having preg symptoms about 4-5 days after conception date and thought I was off my rocker, and one of those symptoms was I couldn't stop farting. Horrible gas pains and I stunk like something died up there. Awful. I work at a health food store- lots of standing around with customers and staff, really- and felt TERRIBLE because I couldn't stop. It's getting better now, though.

KM- also getting pre-period type cramping here too. I also have back pain but I think it's from lugging two toddlers around and standing at work all day cuz that's pretty normal for me.

I am TERRIBLE at secrets, atrocious, and have already told one of my friends, two co-workers, my sister, mother, father, and both brothers. I figure if anything bad happens I'd rather have someone to talk to and some sympathy. KM, don't put it past parents to guess on pregnancy... With my first both of my parents guessed very early on (7 weeks) and I was having no symptoms at that point and had JUST found out. They'd both been having dreams about me the last few weeks and new something "big" was going on with me.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#136 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 08:01 PM

janellody - I swear, some of my worst cramps just end up being gas! this seems to be normal, too. 

km84 - my mom is 48, and she's really excited about having a grandkid, but I can't get over the idea of her as a grandmother. it just seems wrong, she's so young. even my dad at 54 seems too young to be a grandfather. 

I'm really frustrating myself right now with food. I am usually really into fruits, veggies, and beans and most of them sound gross right now (unless they're covered in salt). I was craving Mexican so we went to a taqueria and it just tasted bad. I'm craving all these things and then when I go to eat them, I feel a little disgusted. I bought myself some healthy lemon shortbread cookies (made with bean flour and fruit juice) that I normally love, and some pink lady apples to sprinkle salt on (I know this sounds gross). Hopefully I'll get to enjoy them.

Otherwise, I'm in the same place as before. I'm going to go bra-shopping on eBay because I've already gone up two cup sizes, and bras in my new size are really expensive. Plus there's no guarantee that I'll be this size in a month or two. 

-maryam-

mother to a little silly goose boy (May 2012) + seven non-human kiddos + five who have passed on stillheart.gif

partner to a babywearing, dirt-digging, diaper-washing, hammer-wielding programmer since November 2003

#137 of 264 Old 09-03-2011, 08:08 PM

My gas pains have been killer, too. I don't remember it being this bad with DS, but I'll be knocked down in pain all of the sudden. Not so much fun, but I suppose it's better than nausea. I had a major aversion to all meats for the first trimester last time, so I've been trying to pack it in. Just in case! I'm wondering if that's helping keep the nausea at bay.

I had my first midwife interview today! So excited! I have another one tomorrow and then two next weekend. It feels real that we're having a home birth now. Yay!

#138 of 264 Old 09-04-2011, 05:16 AM

Oh, good - Its so nice to see I'm not the only one with gas pains! I've felt great when I'm laying down, but when I walk around or play with my toddler, I start feeling crampy and gassy. Janellody, don't worry about the gas - especially if you're eating all those beans haha! I've been living off nachos for the past few days, so thats probably a contributing factor as well :-) 

maryamrose ~ you've already gone up 2 cup sizes? Wow! I have to admit, as an A-cup woman I am a little jealous. lol.gif Mine haven't changed at all. 

imavera ~ I'm setting up an interview with a midwife soon too - I have always had a midwife (even just for annual exams) but this will be my first homebirth, so I am really excited

Have any of you done hypnobirthing before? I was thinking about picking up the book this afternoon. I had an all natural birth last time, but I didn't really use any particular breathing technique or anything, and it was in a hospital with my midwife. Honestly, it wasn't a relaxing experience! So, I am hoping that reading up on hypnobirthing will help me relax and be more in touch with my body this time around. 

#139 of 264 Old 09-04-2011, 07:04 AM

So, does anyone have parents or family members that will be less than thrilled with the announcement?  I'm kind of dreading telling my mom.  She's so critical of everything I do, and I just know she'll find something to complain about.  Last Christmas she flat out told me she doesn't want me to have any more children.  WTF?  I know everyone else will be excited, but I don't think she will.  :(

If you have less than supportive parents, how will you tell them?

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

#140 of 264 Old 09-04-2011, 07:10 AM

Ok, I feel better knowing this gas pain is normal!!  Thanks guys :)  They did ease up after some time.  It was the first time I felt it and just got REALLY worried, but you guys have saved the day once again <3

imavera - That is very exciting!  Have fun with your interviews!

maryam -  I have not had any food aversions as of yet.. I wonder if that is coming in the near future or if I will be lucky?  I have been super snacky and sometimes things don't look great, but that's kinda normal for me when I am snacky, so nothing has seemed weird yet.  I hope things get better =/  My boobs haven't really changed at all.  A few days they barely felt sensitive on the nipples but now they are kinda back to normal.  I am hoping they start hurting soon honestly, because that was my mom's biggest sign that she was pregnant, she said they would hurt REALLY bad.  Since mine don't, it adds to my doubt, you know?  Any little thing makes me wonder!  I have size C cups so I am ok with them not growing.. but I thought it might be fun if they did, too lol!!  I want it all!!!

Astraia - welcome! I haven't been doing great at keeping it a secret either.. we finally agreed to tell family and friends and I have pretty much told anyone I come in contact with.. I hope it doesn't bite me in the ass with a m/c to really teach me a lesson..

KM - I am glad you guys worked it out.  In the back of my mind I keep thinking I hope I don't m/c, but I am trying NOT to be like that.  So let's try not to worry, together!!  I bought a couple books, as well, and they are supposed to be here on the 8th.  I am excited!!

Bubble - So sorry about your unsupportive mom.. that is terrible!!  What is the reasoning for her not wanting you to have more kids???  I have no idea how you should approach her, I just know if it were me, I would find a way to make her feel REALLY guilty about it.

Meredith - I am no help as I seem to be one of the few who REALLY want a hospital birth.  We have a really good hospital here and I can't imagine doing it any other way!  I would LOVE to be able to be taken care of, have doctors nearby for emergencies, etc.  I don't really want it any other way.  I still have those 2 movies to watch that were suggested in the ONE thread.. I need to do that soon! 

#141 of 264 Old 09-04-2011, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

janellody --What are the movies that were suggested?  I'm doing a hospital birth too, but with a midwife as I did with my last two pregnancies.  It was wonderful.  I went natural but did not do a specific breathing or relaxation technique.  I'm thinking of looking into hypnobirthing too as someone mentioned above.

Bubble -- I'm sorry your Mom is less than supportive.  That has to be so hard.  Hopefully knowing that ahead of time you can prepare yourself for her reaction and try to tell yourself that her opinion does not matter.  This is a new life, which is a wonderful amazing blessing.

Add me to the gassy club.  Uggghhh  It's awfully uncomfortable and painful and makes wearing pants hard.  lol  I bought two maternity bras on Friday, 1 is 1 cup size up, the other 2.  When I was checking out at Motherhood they pointed out to me the clearance bras for $6 and asked if I needed any.  I had forgotten I was busting out of my bra already.  It feels so much better.  :-)  We are telling my parents and siblings today!  I need to find a fun and creative way to share the news.  I don't have any toddlers I can put a cute t-shirt on this time.  Dh's 3 will be with us, ages 4-9.  Hopefully they don't spill the beans right when we walk through the door.  I want to do something fun.

#142 of 264 Old 09-04-2011, 08:04 AM

Shastalily - The 2 movies were Pregnant in America and The Business of Being Born.  I think they were meant to convince me to have a home birth, but I told everyone that is not happening, lol.  I am pretty set on a hospital birth but still want to look at the movies for informational purposes.  I think they also said they would help me even with a hospital birth.

#143 of 264 Old 09-04-2011, 08:22 AM

Meredith- I tried Hypnobabies for my last baby. Got a homestudy course and worked through it... I couldn't do it though. My brain was very resistant to the deep relaxation and just accepting everything she said. After awhile I found her voice EXCEPTIONALLY irritating (she actually has a lovely speaking voice, it was just me I promise!), and when I wasn't feeling irritated I was making sarcastic asides in my head and couldn't stop. And when I wasn't doing that, I was sleeping- not a deep hypnotic state, I was totally asleep. I'd wake up 2 hours later confused and having no idea where I was or what was going on. I listened to it a lot regardless of those things because it would help me fall asleep :P

Bubbles- my family is very much less than supportive, but I can sort of see why... I carry Muscular Dystrophy, with a 1 in 4 chance of passing it on. Everyone wants me to do an amniocentisis (like I did with my other two) to find out, but I don't want to. I don't want to know, it'll just depress me. We're not going to abort regardless of the results so it's just to know. Forewarned is forearmed? Something like that?

I am so not looking forward to maternity clothes again. I want to avoid them for as long as possible. I JUST got rid of all my maternity stuff like, 4 months ago and I refuse to buy more. I found some tutorials on how to DIY maternity pants/skirts/shirts/dresses so I might do that (nevermind that I've never tried to sew clothing before!).  I can't swallow spending another $100 just on a couple pairs of pants that I'll only wear for a few months. Kind of love the idea of stretchy skirts and leggings. Hm, do I need maternity leggings? Probably.

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#144 of 264 Old 09-04-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellody View Post

Bubble - So sorry about your unsupportive mom.. that is terrible!!  What is the reasoning for her not wanting you to have more kids???  I have no idea how you should approach her, I just know if it were me, I would find a way to make her feel REALLY guilty about it.

I didn't ask.  She has mentioned a few times that she's concerned about how a bi-racial child would be accepted in society.  So I think that's it.  (DD is white, but this baby will be bi-racial).  Plus, she's just extremely critical and always finds a passive aggressive way to make people feel bad.  It's really annoying and hurtful.  Luckily she lives 800 miles away so I don't have to deal with that on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellody View Post

Shastalily - The 2 movies were Pregnant in America and The Business of Being Born.  I think they were meant to convince me to have a home birth, but I told everyone that is not happening, lol.  I am pretty set on a hospital birth but still want to look at the movies for informational purposes.  I think they also said they would help me even with a hospital birth.

You definitely should watch them.  There's a lot of information on how hospitals/OBGYNs work.  It will definitely help you avoid certain situations if you have this info. 

#145 of 264 Old 09-04-2011, 08:44 AM

No gas for me, luckily.  I barely have any symptoms, besides being tired and HUNGRY.  I ate eggs, kale, and bacon for breakfast this morning, and right after I finished I felt hungry!  Grr. 

Astraia- Why did you hate nursing when you were pg?  I have an 8mo and I don't want him to wean, but I've heard it sucks to breastfeed when you're pg. Your description of HypnoBabies cracks me up!  I could just see myself reacting to it like that too. but 

Meredith- I didn't do HypnoBabies, but Active Birth helped me be in touch with my body, and was good for me as far as relaxation techniques.  I was referring to the book while I was in labor.  

BubbleMa-  I am dreading telling my mom too.  Last time I told her I was pg she glared at me, and then said "Well, I hope it's not a girl, you choose terrible girl names."  Real nice ma.  She and my dad will be annoyed because DP and I aren't married and they are super religious, so they think I should stop having babies until we get married. sigh.  

Maryamrose- 2 cup sizes?!  Oh man!

Dp, me dreads.gif  ds#1  goodvibes.gif, ds #2 jog.gif and ds#3 drool.gif

#146 of 264 Old 09-04-2011, 09:08 AM

Bubble - Wow, even in this time people think that children who are biracial will have a problem being excepted?  How crazy, there seem to be a ton of biracial kids, I don't even think it's out of the norm at all.  I am so sorry she isn't supportive, I know that must really hurt.  Find support from the people around you who love you, even if they aren't your family.

Natalya - I hear ya on being hungry all the time... what the heck!

#147 of 264 Old 09-04-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya View Post

Astraia- Why did you hate nursing when you were pg?  I have an 8mo and I don't want him to wean, but I've heard it sucks to breastfeed when you're pg.

I breastfeed through my last pregnancy and I didn't have much discomfort.  There were some times that I limited it to like 10 minutes at a time during certain parts of my pregnancy when I felt moire touched out than other times.  Everyone is different and some people lose their milk and may go through a period of dry nursing.  I plan to nurse my 2 year old through this pregnancy.

Heather, mama to Milo Grey 11.14.07 and Harper Moon 08.06.09

#148 of 264 Old 09-04-2011, 09:46 AM

MeredithA - Mine are on the big side to begin with. I started as 32DD (not as ridiculous-looking as it sounds, I promise - it's the same cup size as a 36C), and I was just fitted as an F. Any larger and it WILL look ridiculous because I'm a small person to begin with. I was telling my husband that I can't wait for my belly to catch up so that it won't look so big in comparison. 

I should mention that when I took hormonal birth control (Yasmin), I went up a cup size, and when I got off of it my breasts never shrunk. I'm just hormonally sensitive.

Janelle - I've heard that morning sickness starts around weeks 6-8 for most women who will get it. I think I'm just super-sensitive. My breasts started feeling sore right from the start, but I know that for some people, it doesn't start at all until much later. We're all so individual with our symptoms!

-maryam-

mother to a little silly goose boy (May 2012) + seven non-human kiddos + five who have passed on stillheart.gif

partner to a babywearing, dirt-digging, diaper-washing, hammer-wielding programmer since November 2003

#149 of 264 Old 09-04-2011, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

FYI Pregnant in America is available to watch on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/watch/235715/pregnant-in-america

edit: I made it about 30 minutes in before I had to turn it off... waaaaaay too preachy for me, and I even agree with a lot of it. Also the dad is super annoying.

So far the few people we've told (parents, sister) have been really excited, but my dad annoyed me when he said "Oh, its too early, usually you keep it to yourself that early." Gee, thanks dad.  I am an only child, so my dad is hardly a pregnancy expert. Thankfully my mom was really understanding that I wanted to tell them even though it was "too early." As if, should I have a miscarriage, that's something I should just bear alone instead of burdening those close to me with. I know that's not what he meant, it was just frustrating.

I'm increasingly annoyed at how many people think early pregnancy and miscarriage must be so hush-hush. As far as I can tell, miscarriage is relatively common and frankly not a huge deal (medically) unless it's recurring. Of course it's very upsetting to have one, but why would I not tell those closest to me about something like that. Maybe I'm crazy, but hearing about others' early miscarriages has demystified it some for me, I'm not worrying about it as much because I no longer feel like it would be the end of the world. Just another step in our journey to expanding our family. A family friend of ours had eight miscarriages between her first and second child, but both are now wonderful, successful adults.

trekkie.gifknit.gifMother to an adorable girl born May 2012, miscarriages in July and November 2013.
#150 of 264 Old 09-04-2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Astraia View Post

Meredith- I tried Hypnobabies for my last baby. Got a homestudy course and worked through it... I couldn't do it though. My brain was very resistant to the deep relaxation and just accepting everything she said. After awhile I found her voice EXCEPTIONALLY irritating (she actually has a lovely speaking voice, it was just me I promise!), and when I wasn't feeling irritated I was making sarcastic asides in my head and couldn't stop. And when I wasn't doing that, I was sleeping- not a deep hypnotic state, I was totally asleep. I'd wake up 2 hours later confused and having no idea where I was or what was going on. I listened to it a lot regardless of those things because it would help me fall asleep :P

LOL!!! That is hysterical. I don't know if my brain would be receptive either, but I sure like the idea of it & might give it a try. 

BubbleMa ~ I'm sorry about your mom. My mother is quite negative as well. She has never come right out and said it, but I am pretty sure she is unhappy that I married a Jewish man. (we celebrate everything in my house and its not a big deal at all) And aside from that, she is just a generally negative person these days. At this point, since it is so early, I don't feel a need to tell her. I am just going to hold off for a while. The people I have told are supportive and that is what I need right now. I'd just wait to tell your mom ~ you don't need any undue stress at the moment. Tell people who will share in your excitement :-) 

Janellody, I can't wait to see what you think of those movies. I found them so informative, and they actually did help me convince DH that a homebirth was right for me. He was skeptical at first but he felt like he just knew so much more about it after watching those movies. Regardless of where you plan to birth, these are great films. :-) 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page