When will May be up? **Edited** Link to new May 2012 Group inside - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-08-2011, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been keeping up and have started replies about 10 times but always I'm a paragraph in and something happens (kid falls over, one is hitting the other, I forget I was supposed to leave for work 5 minutes ago, etc) and I abandon it in the middle.

See if I finish this one! Ha, the phone just rang, but I kept it short. Good.

I can't remember anything I wanted to say. Cramping and gas pains- yes. Gas pains woke me up yesterday, ahd me doubled over for a bit it hurt so much. So I poked around at my belly a bit to shift the gas bubbles and managed a huge fart (haha) and felt instantly so much better. My two year old woke up at the same time I did and then when I farted she goes "whoa, what was that noise!? Did you beep?" Erm, no. I remembering having a lot of cramping with my first and a full, stretchy feeling really early on- same as this time.

I'm also breaking out so badly. I haven't had acne in about 5 years but it's pretty bad right now.

Food aversions/ cravings- none so far. In the morning everything looks and sounds revolting but I make myself eat some alkaline foods (watermelon, cucumbers, celery, water with lemon) and then I feel fine after that and I'll eat a real breakfast. The rest of my day is fine. I've never really had much by way of morning sickness but with my first i couldn't even look at meat for the first trimester without feeling like I was going to throw up (never did though).

Midwife/hospital.... I would like a midwife. My first was a midwife, my second was a planned UC because we couldn't find a midwife and our only other option was the icky hospital. I despise hospitals. I get nervous diarrhea just going to visit someone in the hospital, let alone be admitted myself. Yuck! We will be very likely unable to find a midwife (I think there's 5 total for this giant region?). I plan to see a doctor nearby for prenatal care... uh, sometime.... so we're in the same position again of hospital or UC. Or find and underground midwife somehow (I would, but I have no idea how).

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2011, 09:20 AM

Good Morning!

Last night I almost had a meltdown to DH about not wanting another hospital birth (it was a necessary transfer because of low platelets).  I am realizing how much I Really Really Really want a home birth, but I don't know it that will be logistically possible because of where we live, so I'm convincing myself that the birth center with my midwives will be great (no mess to clean up!), and praying that my platelets will behave this time around.  In some ways I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place because I am an L&D RN, so I've seen things go bad quickly, but I've also seen the cascade that came before; I've also assisted in 100's of beautiful, easy (though not necessarily natural) births.

As for pg symptoms, lots of stretching type cramping, especially on the left side, and some smell aversions, but no m/s, though I never did have any with ds.  I have an appt to see my mw Wednesday next week, though I may change it to Monday so we can figure out how far along I am, as I never had a visit from AF, though I am pretty sure I O'd between 8/11 and 8/26.

A little about me:  I'm a SAHM who occasionally works in L&D.  I've been married 5 1/2 years to the love of my life, and together we have ds S, who was born 5/2010 and is still an avid nurser.  He's sitting on my lap eating an apple as I type, and now my arms are covered in apple juices.  We follow Jesus.  We are currently living with my mom, which has been working out really well (big house, we have our own wing of 3 rooms and a bathroom).  Now that we are pg again, we would like to have our own place, but that will depend on what happens with dh's work situation.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:15 AM

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on the forums though I have been reading off and on for a while. I just learned this week that I am pregnant with baby #1 after 3 years of trying. I've had high temperatures and symptoms twice before but no bfp until this time, so I'm more hopeful than usual but still nervous. I'm 36 years old. My due date is May 12 and I wish that I felt more confident so I could be more excited.

I'm looking forward to (hopefully) sticking around and getting to know you all!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:17 AM

Welcome ambermae, we have the same due date!  Hopefully we get an actual group going here soon.. I am losing confidence.  My pregnant mind is getting annoyed! GGRR!

ME: 29 DH: 27 stillheart.gif Married for 3 years now.  Got my pos.gif August 31, 2011!  joy.gif Woohoo!!!

stork-boy.gif May 12, 2012 - Baby Deacon joined our family

Old 09-08-2011, 10:19 AM

Well - I guess I'm gonna jump in here, too.  I  was waiting for the May 2012 DDC, but I'll say hello here.  I'm surprisingly due with #4 on May 17th.  We were NOT trying.....in fact we were actively trying NOT to conceive!!!!  I still am in total shock.  I thought we were done....our older kids are 10, 8, & 6.  In fact, my youngest started kindergarten and the following week I got the BFP.  WOW!!!!  So - I have no baby stuff anymore, but it will all work out.  I'm just slowly getting used to the idea....and missing my occasional martini ;)

Lisa   L&D RN mama to DS#1 (4-01) DS#2 (9-03) DD (10-05) vbac.gifX2,  ribbonpb.gif 10-2011

Old 09-08-2011, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellody View Post

Welcome ambermae, we have the same due date!  Hopefully we get an actual group going here soon.. I am losing confidence.  My pregnant mind is getting annoyed! GGRR!

Yeah what were they thinking, messing with a bunch of hormonal pregnant ladies?

Welcome EmTheWifeambermae, and lisoula!

MeredithA - you hanging in there?

I'm realizing now how lucky we are to have our choice of hospitals and midwives! I didn't realize they were hard to come by in some areas. 

My husband's grandmother is a nurse at one of the hospitals in our area, and she's an intense woman so I know if we were to go there she'd be on the offensive protecting what's in our best interests. On the other hand, she's an intense woman... I'm not sure if I could deal with her while in labor. 

To give you an idea of her: we met with our priest before we got married, who had just had dinner with grandma the night before. My husband said "Oh, how's she doing?" and he replied, "I just had dinner with her, you should ask how I'm doing!"

It sounds like a lot of us are sort of holding our breath about our pregnancies. At what point do you think you'll relax? I keep telling myself if I can make it to the sonogram I'll breathe easier... but knowing me I'll worry right up until the baby pops out.

Mother to an adorable girl born May 2012, dealing with recurrent miscarriage.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:59 AM

KM - I am actually feeling ok right now and not panicking as much.  I know the m/c threat is still there, but it always is right?  I am letting myself get attached to this little creature growing in me, even though every day I am crampy or headachy or whatever!  I have been assured over and over and over from you ladies on here that cramping is OK, so I am just going with it!  Until I see spotting, I am not going to worry and I am embracing this pregnancy!  I spend every waking moment thinking about it and will be heartbroken if anything happens, but I figure why live the next 9 months in fear?  SO many people successfully have children, why would I want to focus on being one of the unlucky ones that have an issue?  So I am not gonna.  I am just going to be pregnant and happy for now! joy.gif  I have waited my whole life for this and I am going to enjoy it orngbiggrin.gif

ME: 29 DH: 27 stillheart.gif Married for 3 years now.  Got my pos.gif August 31, 2011!  joy.gif Woohoo!!!

Old 09-08-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM84 View Post

meredithA - I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Admittedly I'm a little confused, I thought doubling every 48 hours was normal? According to this chart, you're smack dab in the middle of normal. Maybe the nurse is just a grump.

I swear, some doctors/nurses/office staff have an amazing ability to make things sound dire. When I called to make an appointment with my OB, the receptionist asked "what kind of appointment is this" and I said "I just found out I'm pregnant." She said, "Is that good news?" in a tone that made my skin crawl.

Uh... I understand why she's asking, but she can't think of a better way to ask?

this reminds me of my first pregnancy!  I didn't have health insurance when first pregnant and took some time researching doctors, etc. and then got a full time job with insurance.  So the first time I went to the apt. with the OB it has pretty far along in the pregnancy and the Dr. says, "this is a more advanced pregnancy, were you considering terminating?"  I was like, NO WAY!  What a weird thing to ask, right? 

Sometimes doctors are such dorks.

I wish I saved all my maternitiy clothes!  after 4 pregnancies in them, I wanted to burn them.  But donated them.  I am kind of due for some new ones, anyways.  Yeah, I am looking forward to another spring baby. All of my other babies are late fall, winter babies, except for my oldest spring baby. :)

Forest  treehugger.gifMushroom whale.gif

Old 09-08-2011, 11:51 AM

OK ladies here we go! May 2012 DDC. Just join I set it up with no approval, let me know what you think about that...

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

Old 09-08-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

OK ladies here we go! May 2012 DDC. Just join I set it up with no approval, let me know what you think about that...

is MDC phasing out the due date clubs "here" under pregnancy?

Old 09-08-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:

So are we not going to have a DDC under "I'm pregnant?"

Old 09-08-2011, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome ambermae and lisoula!  I'm glad you decided to jump in even though we are still in limbo over here with our one thread.  lol

lisoula, this is #4 for me too and my youngest is 7 and in 1st grade!  It is quite weird to jump back into pregnancy/babies.  This wasn't a surprise for us though.  I was remarried last fall and we wanted a baby together.  We both have 3 kids.  His youngest is 4 so there will be a 5 year gap between the baby and our kids.  Luckily I did save one tote of maternity clothes and one of baby clothes/blankets to possibly pass on to my sister or "just in case" so I had a few things still.  I also kept the crib thankfully, but most everything else I gave away a few years ago.

Me + B + my 3 + his 3 = family of 8

Make it 9: DS born 5/7/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Old 09-08-2011, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Woooo I joined our DDC group!

Mother to an adorable girl born May 2012, dealing with recurrent miscarriage.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:22 PM

I joined our group!  Everyone join the group!!  :)  YAY!

Old 09-08-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:

I think that is GREAT!!  Everyone is welcome!

Old 09-08-2011, 01:44 PM

does anyone know if our group will eventually be moved back here under "I'm pregnant" with the other DDCs?

Old 09-08-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmTheWife View Post

Good Morning!

Last night I almost had a meltdown to DH about not wanting another hospital birth (it was a necessary transfer because of low platelets).  I am realizing how much I Really Really Really want a home birth, but I don't know it that will be logistically possible because of where we live, so I'm convincing myself that the birth center with my midwives will be great (no mess to clean up!), and praying that my platelets will behave this time around.  In some ways I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place because I am an L&D RN, so I've seen things go bad quickly, but I've also seen the cascade that came before; I've also assisted in 100's of beautiful, easy (though not necessarily natural) births.

As for pg symptoms, lots of stretching type cramping, especially on the left side, and some smell aversions, but no m/s, though I never did have any with ds.  I have an appt to see my mw Wednesday next week, though I may change it to Monday so we can figure out how far along I am, as I never had a visit from AF, though I am pretty sure I O'd between 8/11 and 8/26.

A little about me:  I'm a SAHM who occasionally works in L&D.  I've been married 5 1/2 years to the love of my life, and together we have ds S, who was born 5/2010 and is still an avid nurser.  He's sitting on my lap eating an apple as I type, and now my arms are covered in apple juices.  We follow Jesus.  We are currently living with my mom, which has been working out really well (big house, we have our own wing of 3 rooms and a bathroom).  Now that we are pg again, we would like to have our own place, but that will depend on what happens with dh's work situation.

That sounds like a nice living arrangement, though!  Welcome!

Old 09-08-2011, 01:47 PM

I have NO CLUE! They are obviously changing things IDK why...it seems strange to me that the DDC needs to be a group.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

Old 09-08-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:

I have NO CLUE! They are obviously changing things IDK why...it seems strange to me that the DDC needs to be a group.

maybe this way they will never have to close our group?  that would be nice! 

Old 09-09-2011, 10:10 AM

yeah maybe

Old 09-10-2011, 11:32 AM

Hey there ladies,

How can I get added onto the May 2012 EDD?

Skeemama

homebirth.jpguc.jpgnovaxnocirc.gifwinner.jpg

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:29 PM

Join the group above and it will add you, there is a roll call you can put your stats in Welcome thumb.gif

Old 09-10-2011, 06:27 PM

Thanks Sosurreal!

I have tried several times and it keeps telling me "you are not allowed"...

I am soooo excited to be in this group! We have been hoping for an addition to our family for a LONG time!!

Can someone help me figure it out?

Skeemama

namaste.gif &  whistling.gifDH,  twins.gif crumb crunchers &  3 angel.gif babies.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:28 PM

OH!

I think I got it!!

Skeemama

User Tag List