When will May be up? **Edited** Link to new May 2012 Group inside - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 264 Old 08-23-2011, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all.  I got my bfp a couple days ago and am wondering when the next due date board usually shows up.  My EDD is May 2nd. :-)

**********EDITED TO ADD new May 2012 Group Link.  Come find us at http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/7/may-2012-ddc

Me + B + my 3 + his 3 = family of 8

Make it 9: DS born 5/7/12 biggrinbounce.gif

#2 of 264 Old 08-23-2011, 10:11 AM

I'm wondering the same thing.  I'm due April 30th.  I was in the end of the May DDC with my last pregnancy and it totally sucked being about the last person to give birth.  :)

#3 of 264 Old 08-23-2011, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

I hear ya!  With my first I was due 3/22 but she came 10 days late on 4/1.  I'd rather be at the beginning of the births than the end.  You should join us on the May club if/when it gets up.

#4 of 264 Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukedwifey View Post

I'm wondering the same thing.  I'm due April 30th.  I was in the end of the May DDC with my last pregnancy and it totally sucked being about the last person to give birth.  :)

I was also due at the end of May with my last one (he came May 31, 2009). My EDD with this one is April 29. I'm feeling good about that date, but I wouldn't mind overlapping between the May and April clubs. I also don't want to be the last one waiting to give birth. :)

#5 of 264 Old 08-24-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyrae17 View Post

I was also due at the end of May with my last one (he came May 31, 2009). My EDD with this one is April 29. I'm feeling good about that date, but I wouldn't mind overlapping between the May and April clubs. I also don't want to be the last one waiting to give birth. :)

My DS is 2 days older.  May 28th, 2009.  :)

#6 of 264 Old 08-24-2011, 12:34 PM

I'm wondering the same thing!  I just got a very faint BFP on Sat.  I have nothing to date this pregnancy, no AF, no mucus, just a post-coital bleed, pelvic heaviness two weeks ago and nausea started last week.  If I'm due end of April, I'll probably end up birthing in May since all my kids have been late, except the twins were induced.  I don't want to be the last to give birth in the DDC, either.  I know it will make me crazy! LOL  

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#7 of 264 Old 08-24-2011, 02:42 PM

I'd also be interested in joining the May DDC, since I'm due at the end of April with #1, so likely to give birth in May. 

BTW- Shastalily, I hope it's not too personal a question but are you by any chance from Mount Shasta, CA  (or thereabouts)?  My parents live there and I used to live there for a few years, it's such a beautiful and special area. I now live on the completely opposite side of the globe, but I love going back to visit!

A dedicated treehugger.gif and academic, 32, married to DH hippie.gif since 07/07

Became a mommy to DD in May 2012 - so happy and in love!

#8 of 264 Old 08-24-2011, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

chapluqa ~ I'm not from Mount Shasta although it sounds like a gorgeous place.  I just love lilies, and shasta lilies are unique and gorgeous.  :-)

#9 of 264 Old 08-24-2011, 07:03 PM

Has anyone messaged a Mod?  I looked back in March and looks like that's what the April mamas did.  

#10 of 264 Old 08-24-2011, 08:44 PM

I want a May group too! I'm due May 6th!!joy.gif

Swell Doula Service

Birth - Postpartum - Placenta Encapsulation 

nocirc.gif  winner.jpg  slinggirl.gif

#11 of 264 Old 08-24-2011, 08:47 PM

I just sent a message to the moderator of the "I'm Pregnant" forums... hopefully that will do the trick!

Swell Doula Service

#12 of 264 Old 08-25-2011, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Great!  Thanks!  Hopefully they will get it up soon.  There should be plenty of us with a bfp for the beginning of May now. smile.gif

#13 of 264 Old 08-25-2011, 09:45 AM

I just got a message from the moderator, and the group should be up soon! See you all there :)

Swell Doula Service

#14 of 264 Old 08-25-2011, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Me too.  She's also wondering if anyone wants to be the forum leader for the new message board.  I guess they are changing the group format and want group leaders.  She'd like a name to send on to the admin.  Anyone interested?

#15 of 264 Old 08-25-2011, 03:19 PM

I sent a message saying that I would do it love.gif

shastalily likes this.

Swell Doula Service

#16 of 264 Old 08-25-2011, 03:43 PM

Awesome.  I keep checking in (sitting by the computer tonight to see if dh gets on while at school).  I would volunteer but I have way too much on my plate.  Thank you swelldoula.

#17 of 264 Old 08-26-2011, 05:10 AM

Is was in the position all of you are in last month, and I'm taking the best of both worlds, two DDCs! I check in at both March and April. Since this is pregnancy #1 for me, it's nice to go over to March to get a heads up for what's expected, and it's also nice to know that I'll not be the last to go for April's deliveries. Don't feel like you have to give up on April completely. ;) Chap, especially, hang out here too (it's nice to have a fellow thread graduate around).

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#18 of 264 Old 08-26-2011, 03:52 PM

Once the May DDC is up, I plan to be active in both.  

I'm also glad to have you around, Rosie (I was actually sad to see you leave the ttc thread, and actually told DH after we got our BFP "yay, now I can reconnect with Rosie on the "I'm Pregnant" forum  winky.gif )..  Especially since I'm also planning a homebirth, I think it will be good to be in touch with someone else going that route for #1.

A dedicated treehugger.gif and academic, 32, married to DH hippie.gif since 07/07

Became a mommy to DD in May 2012 - so happy and in love!

#19 of 264 Old 08-27-2011, 05:45 AM

I'm due May 15th! I found out 10 DPO! Also nursing my 2 y/o.

We are totally planning a homebirth. DD was a hypnobirth at a birth center (free standing ish) and we are pumped to have a home birth since hers went so well (we are young, I was 21 when I gave birth to DD and wasn't sure of anything except I hated hospitals LOL) now we are a lot more informed and I know I can trust birth and can have a happy, healthy home birth. (before I didn't know what to expect but it all went fine, no drugs or interventions)

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#20 of 264 Old 08-27-2011, 07:34 AM

I was finally able to get hold of one of my midwives today.  Their office is over an hour away, which never bothered me before, I'd just ask my dh to leave the small car for me and leave the gas-guzzler at home.  But with my twins so young, not taking bottles, and the smaller car acting up, I don't have that option.  Our old van gets like 9 miles to the gallon.  Seriously!  So, she said since I have experience and stuff, we'll just create an alternative visit schedule in the first few months.  I'll go in around 12 weeks for my first visit, and maybe every other month until we get towards the end. I was hoping for something like that.  Of course, if we have multiples again, we'll just transfer care to our awesome backup OB.  I'm not messing around with another twin home birth, and after my catastrophe, my midwives won't do a twin home birth anyway. 

I'm feeling so much better about the $$ of having this baby, now.  Birth fee can wait until the end (after tax refunds, etc.), but the cost of transportation was worrying me.

#21 of 264 Old 08-27-2011, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

That's great that you have a midwife who will work with you, mylilmonkeys.  What age ranges are your kids?  Hopefully you are getting some help from your older ones with the twins.  That must have been quite the surprise getting another bfp.  You seem to be taking it in stride.

#22 of 264 Old 08-27-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swelldoula View Post

I just got a message from the moderator, and the group should be up soon! See you all there :)

You rock!  :D  I've been checking every day for the last week or so.  LOL.  Hoping I'll be able to join you all there!

Sarah ❤ Engaged to Manuel ❤ Mommy to Ben (10) and Aislinn (5), loving stepmom to Jordyn (11), Jazmyne (9) & Brooklyn (6)

TTC our first together! 

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/EcstaticUtahMommy

#23 of 264 Old 08-27-2011, 10:25 AM

WOW I can not believe you are nursing 5 m/o twins and are pregnant again! Did you even get AF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post

I was finally able to get hold of one of my midwives today.  Their office is over an hour away, which never bothered me before, I'd just ask my dh to leave the small car for me and leave the gas-guzzler at home.  But with my twins so young, not taking bottles, and the smaller car acting up, I don't have that option.  Our old van gets like 9 miles to the gallon.  Seriously!  So, she said since I have experience and stuff, we'll just create an alternative visit schedule in the first few months.  I'll go in around 12 weeks for my first visit, and maybe every other month until we get towards the end. I was hoping for something like that.  Of course, if we have multiples again, we'll just transfer care to our awesome backup OB.  I'm not messing around with another twin home birth, and after my catastrophe, my midwives won't do a twin home birth anyway. 

I'm feeling so much better about the $$ of having this baby, now.  Birth fee can wait until the end (after tax refunds, etc.), but the cost of transportation was worrying me.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#24 of 264 Old 08-29-2011, 07:26 AM

:( no DDC yet?? Long time member here, but wanting to keep this one secret for a while :) This will be #4 for us, total oops. Youngest DD is 2 1/4. Due 5/9

sosurreal09 likes this.

hammer.gif Homeschooling the animal lover DD1 (8/06), chasing the free spirit DD2 (12/07), and tracking the ninja DD3 (5/09), angel1.gif 10/9, angel1.gif 9/11, angel1.gif 11/11 with the poor estrogen immersed DH (10/03) dizzy.gif

5****faint.gif****15****20***30***40

#25 of 264 Old 08-29-2011, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Still checking in daily hoping to see it up.  Not sure why it's not there yet...I've had my BFP over a week now.  I'm keeping it secret for awhile too.  Dh is more comfy having us be at least a few weeks into pregnancy before telling.  It's driving me crazy and I don't think the pregnancy has sunk in for me yet.  I want to tell someone but would feel weird telling anyone before our kids and once they know, the world will know.  :-)

#26 of 264 Old 08-29-2011, 07:58 AM

I still haven't had my missed AF so I keep testing....3 so far all BFPs! IDK why I am in such disbelief!

I feel nauseous already, IDK if it's b/c I am nursing? I had no symptoms with my first (and so far only this babe will be #2)

#27 of 264 Old 08-29-2011, 09:07 AM

Our other kids are 14 (b), 12(g), 9(b), 7(b), 5(b), 3(g), 5mo (g,g).  No, I had no AF, no mucus, no signs or symptoms of fertility.  The girls are exclusively breastfed, trying to follow the seven standards for LAM as best as possible with twins (co sleeping, unrestricted access to breast, napping together when possible).  Only one twin takes a pacifier.  I had an episode of spotting after intercourse and thought, hmmm that doesn't usually happen unless I'm pg.  Had tenderness and pelvic fullness from that point and then nausea starting the following week.  We got a very faint positive on Sat. 8/20.  I think I'm considering the spotting to be ovulation spotting, cause if it was implantation, I would have been more than a week "late" on the 20th and the test would have been much darker (an early test).  The previous Thursday I had a neg test.  And that's about the best I can do to determine a due date.  By that date I'm due 4/30, and I have naturally gone into labor 5 days post-dates (once) up to 2 weeks post-dates (three times) so I don't expect an April baby. ;)

We've been waiting to tell, but it's driving me crazy, because I'm already an emotional wreck and getting nauseous feelings at awkward moments.  I have to eat a TON since I'm nursing the girls, too.  The older kids walked in on my phone call with my midwife, so I'm shocked they didn't actually listen and figure it out.  Or if they did they're not saying.  I don't mind the kids knowing, but I'm not eager to tell my mother-in-law, who is really great with all the kids but always has a smart remark.  I did tell my mom, who took it well and promised to keep it secret for now.  I'd tell my sister, but my dad lives with her and he's another person who thinks we should have "taken care of" this "problem" a long time ago.  I don't want to make life awkward for her as we wait a little longer.  I think I want to at least wait until we can determine one or two...which will be awhile as I'm not into early US.  I think I'll have an idea by 8-9 weeks, as that's when I started suspecting last time.  You usually can't palpate a uterus that early, unless there's more than one. ;)

#28 of 264 Old 08-29-2011, 09:48 AM

Thanks so much for making this happen, ladies! My EDD is 5/3 and I too have been checking daily to see if the DDC was up :)

This is my first pregnancy, and our first [human] child. I have my first midwife interview today and I'm hoping to schedule more in the next week.

-maryam-

mother to a little silly goose boy (May 2012) + seven non-human kiddos + five who have passed on stillheart.gif

partner to a babywearing, dirt-digging, diaper-washing, hammer-wielding programmer since November 2003

#29 of 264 Old 08-29-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shastalily View Post

Still checking in daily hoping to see it up.  Not sure why it's not there yet...I've had my BFP over a week now.  I'm keeping it secret for awhile too.  Dh is more comfy having us be at least a few weeks into pregnancy before telling.  It's driving me crazy and I don't think the pregnancy has sunk in for me yet.  I want to tell someone but would feel weird telling anyone before our kids and once they know, the world will know.  :-)

That's where I'm going to have trouble. I would love to make it a few months w/o telling, but that means DH and I have to pick our words very carefully! We keep handing off pregnancy tests to each other and the girls keep asking "What's that!?!" Our reply is just "Mama's." :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post

I don't mind the kids knowing, but I'm not eager to tell my mother-in-law, who is really great with all the kids but always has a smart remark.  I did tell my mom, who took it well and promised to keep it secret for now.  I'd tell my sister, but my dad lives with her and he's another person who thinks we should have "taken care of" this "problem" a long time ago.  I don't want to make life awkward for her as we wait a little longer.  I think I want to at least wait until we can determine one or two...which will be awhile as I'm not into early US.  I think I'll have an idea by 8-9 weeks, as that's when I started suspecting last time.  You usually can't palpate a uterus that early, unless there's more than one. ;)

I'm not looking forward to telling the rest of the family. My husband's family thought we were nuts for having three. My parents think we are too poor to have as many as we have (mind you we make more than my parents do and they raised three!). My grandmother fears for my sanity :p I know no one is going to believe me that is was a complete accident since I swore if I didn't have one within three years we wouldn't have another and what do you know, literally, this will be right at three years.

I'm going to keep it secret till it's obvious. Let's hope that cold weather sets in early this fall so I can start wearing baggy clothes :p

hammer.gif Homeschooling the animal lover DD1 (8/06), chasing the free spirit DD2 (12/07), and tracking the ninja DD3 (5/09), angel1.gif 10/9, angel1.gif 9/11, angel1.gif 11/11 with the poor estrogen immersed DH (10/03) dizzy.gif

5****faint.gif****15****20***30***40

#30 of 264 Old 08-29-2011, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

LOL tibris, we have almost let it slip to the kids too.  Right now I have pregnancy books hidden under my bed and try to be careful only to pull them out if the kids aren't around.  Dh has accidentally said something out loud once or twice but covered it well.  My kids are going to freak out when they find out.  They will be very excited I am sure since they have hinted to wanting a baby.  Dh and I were remarried last October and we each have three kids.  Mine live with us and his live with their Mom but visit often.  My youngest is 7.5 yrs so it's been awhile since I've done the pregnancy thing!  I think most of our family and friends will be happy for us, although some might think we are crazy.  lol  My sisters are TTC so I'm hoping to share pregnancy with them this time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page