Mothering Forum banner

When will May be up? **Edited** Link to new May 2012 Group inside

8K views 263 replies 43 participants last post by  skeemama 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukedwifey View Post

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm due April 30th. I was in the end of the May DDC with my last pregnancy and it totally sucked being about the last person to give birth. :)
I was also due at the end of May with my last one (he came May 31, 2009). My EDD with this one is April 29. I'm feeling good about that date, but I wouldn't mind overlapping between the May and April clubs. I also don't want to be the last one waiting to give birth. :)

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyrae17 View Post

I was also due at the end of May with my last one (he came May 31, 2009). My EDD with this one is April 29. I'm feeling good about that date, but I wouldn't mind overlapping between the May and April clubs. I also don't want to be the last one waiting to give birth. :)
My DS is 2 days older. May 28th, 2009. :)

#6 ·
I'm wondering the same thing! I just got a very faint BFP on Sat. I have nothing to date this pregnancy, no AF, no mucus, just a post-coital bleed, pelvic heaviness two weeks ago and nausea started last week. If I'm due end of April, I'll probably end up birthing in May since all my kids have been late, except the twins were induced. I don't want to be the last to give birth in the DDC, either. I know it will make me crazy! LOL

#7 ·
I'd also be interested in joining the May DDC, since I'm due at the end of April with #1, so likely to give birth in May.

BTW- Shastalily, I hope it's not too personal a question but are you by any chance from Mount Shasta, CA (or thereabouts)? My parents live there and I used to live there for a few years, it's such a beautiful and special area. I now live on the completely opposite side of the globe, but I love going back to visit!

#14 ·
Me too. She's also wondering if anyone wants to be the forum leader for the new message board. I guess they are changing the group format and want group leaders. She'd like a name to send on to the admin. Anyone interested?

#17 ·
Is was in the position all of you are in last month, and I'm taking the best of both worlds, two DDCs! I check in at both March and April. Since this is pregnancy #1 for me, it's nice to go over to March to get a heads up for what's expected, and it's also nice to know that I'll not be the last to go for April's deliveries. Don't feel like you have to give up on April completely. ;) Chap, especially, hang out here too (it's nice to have a fellow thread graduate around).

#18 ·
Once the May DDC is up, I plan to be active in both.

I'm also glad to have you around, Rosie (I was actually sad to see you leave the ttc thread, and actually told DH after we got our BFP "yay, now I can reconnect with Rosie on the "I'm Pregnant" forum
winky.gif
).. Especially since I'm also planning a homebirth, I think it will be good to be in touch with someone else going that route for #1.

#19 ·
I'm due May 15th! I found out 10 DPO! Also nursing my 2 y/o.

We are totally planning a homebirth. DD was a hypnobirth at a birth center (free standing ish) and we are pumped to have a home birth since hers went so well (we are young, I was 21 when I gave birth to DD and wasn't sure of anything except I hated hospitals LOL) now we are a lot more informed and I know I can trust birth and can have a happy, healthy home birth. (before I didn't know what to expect but it all went fine, no drugs or interventions)

#20 ·
I was finally able to get hold of one of my midwives today. Their office is over an hour away, which never bothered me before, I'd just ask my dh to leave the small car for me and leave the gas-guzzler at home. But with my twins so young, not taking bottles, and the smaller car acting up, I don't have that option. Our old van gets like 9 miles to the gallon. Seriously! So, she said since I have experience and stuff, we'll just create an alternative visit schedule in the first few months. I'll go in around 12 weeks for my first visit, and maybe every other month until we get towards the end. I was hoping for something like that. Of course, if we have multiples again, we'll just transfer care to our awesome backup OB. I'm not messing around with another twin home birth, and after my catastrophe, my midwives won't do a twin home birth anyway.

I'm feeling so much better about the $$ of having this baby, now. Birth fee can wait until the end (after tax refunds, etc.), but the cost of transportation was worrying me.

#21 ·
That's great that you have a midwife who will work with you, mylilmonkeys. What age ranges are your kids? Hopefully you are getting some help from your older ones with the twins. That must have been quite the surprise getting another bfp. You seem to be taking it in stride.

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by swelldoula View Post

I just got a message from the moderator, and the group should be up soon! See you all there :)
You rock! :D I've been checking every day for the last week or so. LOL. Hoping I'll be able to join you all there!

#23 ·
WOW I can not believe you are nursing 5 m/o twins and are pregnant again! Did you even get AF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post

I was finally able to get hold of one of my midwives today. Their office is over an hour away, which never bothered me before, I'd just ask my dh to leave the small car for me and leave the gas-guzzler at home. But with my twins so young, not taking bottles, and the smaller car acting up, I don't have that option. Our old van gets like 9 miles to the gallon. Seriously! So, she said since I have experience and stuff, we'll just create an alternative visit schedule in the first few months. I'll go in around 12 weeks for my first visit, and maybe every other month until we get towards the end. I was hoping for something like that. Of course, if we have multiples again, we'll just transfer care to our awesome backup OB. I'm not messing around with another twin home birth, and after my catastrophe, my midwives won't do a twin home birth anyway.

I'm feeling so much better about the $$ of having this baby, now. Birth fee can wait until the end (after tax refunds, etc.), but the cost of transportation was worrying me.

#24 ·
:( no DDC yet?? Long time member here, but wanting to keep this one secret for a while :) This will be #4 for us, total oops. Youngest DD is 2 1/4. Due 5/9

Reactions: sosurreal09
#25 ·
Still checking in daily hoping to see it up. Not sure why it's not there yet...I've had my BFP over a week now. I'm keeping it secret for awhile too. Dh is more comfy having us be at least a few weeks into pregnancy before telling. It's driving me crazy and I don't think the pregnancy has sunk in for me yet. I want to tell someone but would feel weird telling anyone before our kids and once they know, the world will know. :)

#26 ·
I still haven't had my missed AF so I keep testing....3 so far all BFPs! IDK why I am in such disbelief!

I feel nauseous already, IDK if it's b/c I am nursing? I had no symptoms with my first (and so far only this babe will be #2)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.