Definitely gaining more weight that needed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-23-2011, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am queasy most of the time. Eating fixes it. So I eat. And unlike my diet pre-pregnancy, I eat carbs. I'm also exhausted. So I rest. Very little exercise.

Big surprise, I've gained 6 pounds in the past month. ARG! I definitely don't *need* that much for the pregnancy. 

I suppose I'm happy to have this annoyance rather than vomiting all day long, but since a DDC is a place one is allowed to vent, I thought I might as well go ahead and voice my complaints with myself and the hormones. I'm contemplating pushing myself back towards the paleo-style eating I'd been doing before. Good for me, good for baby, just need to bear through the quease...

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#2 of 6 Old 08-23-2011, 06:59 PM

IKWYM. I did that last pg b/c i was working and really couldn't be sick. This time i'm home, and i'm chosing to feel like crap sometimes when i know i've had enough to eat. I cannot gain 45+ lbs this time! But either way, it really sucks. I hope your yuckiness goes away soon!

#3 of 6 Old 08-23-2011, 08:28 PM

hey rosie, some of that weight gain might be water if you were used to lower carbs in your prepreg paleo diet

i'm staying paleo. I cant imagine adding in a bunch of carbs right now. Yesterday i tried upping carbs a bit and had my first morning sickness. I ate lots of protein (eggs, salmon, liver!) and healthy fats today and the pukey feeling is gone (hope it stays away!). Before i had the morning sickness the pregnancy didnt seem real, but it sure feels real now! If eating protein and fat keeps the nausea away so be it lol.

anyways, i'm sure you'll figure out something that works for you. smile.gif

heartbeat.gif

#4 of 6 Old 08-24-2011, 06:19 AM

I'm having a similar experience, and, really I'm trying not to worry about it.  I've discovered that I'm actually a pretty crummy mom to my dd when I'm feeling sick and cranky- so I'm trying really hard to just keep myself above the nausea.  And, honestly, if ANY food sounds good to me at any time-- I'm pretty darn happy about that, and likely to go for it!  Of all the things that I could be worrying about, I've decided that what I eat is not goign to be one of them.  I just want to keep this bod revving and be decent to my family.  And sometimes that takes a muffin.

#5 of 6 Old 08-24-2011, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Awe, I feel I should mention that I'm not worried about weight based on vanity, but rather my health! In the past five years I've learned how much better I feel and how much more *able* I am when I eat veggies and proteins almost exclusively. Eating all the the rice and bagels that I've been eating may stave off queasiness for a few minutes, but I think I won't like the longer-term consequences. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#6 of 6 Old 08-24-2011, 07:57 AM

I find the more carbs/sugar I eat, the more I feel like crap.  My midwife suggested that gaining somewhat less than 45+ lbs would improve my VBAC chances.  I like to think it doesn't matter, but I definitely struggled getting around at the end of my pg with the extra weight.  OTOH, I'm not sure I'm entirely in control.  I think some people just tend to gain more than others, and you can't punish yourself over numbers.  My mom gained 60+ lbs with her singleton pgs, and she has always been super athletic and healthy.  I dunno.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page