Early morning whine? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-24-2011, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 2 year old woke up at 4:30 today, and I was STARVING. Ok I think, we'll nurse back to sleep and all will be well. Too bad she very quickly nurses me dry and I just can't sleep through the dry nursing sensation. So DH rocks her, and she screams, and insists on playing, and is just generally up and obnoxious. Ok, fine, she's up, and I'm hungry. Let's go downstairs and get some food. Only since I got up almost 4 hours before my normal wake up time, morning sickness is kicking in. I'm starving and it's near impossible to choke food down, though I somehow manage.

So thanks to pregnancy I don't have enough milk to get my daughter back to sleep, can't sleep and dry nurse, am too hungry to sleep, and too sick to eat much.

Yay fun!

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2011, 02:58 PM

Wow- I could have written that. I am in the exact same situation. I feel so bad for my son. He wants milk all the time and it's hard explaining that there are hormones cutting back my supply, not dehydration. He keeps saying "mama drinks more water to make more milk!" :-/

Old 08-24-2011, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Any time I say "nay nays are empty" she says they're broken. She is asking to nurse less during the day. Maybe she really will wean this pregnancy.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)

User Tag List