cramping? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-25-2011, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 8 weeks, 4 days along and have had some mild/moderate cramping this afternoon that's got me a bit nervous.  No spotting, and I'm still s-i-c-k.  I have my first routine appt tomorrow, but I don't know if it'll be too early to hear the heartbeat on doppler, so I'm not sure whether I'll get any real reassurance for another couple weeks.  Anybody else?  I know there's nothing I can do either way, but I guess I'd love some reassurance that this isn't a sign of certain doom or anything.  Worry wart.

#2 of 8 Old 08-25-2011, 05:36 PM

If the cramping isnt too bad and there hasnt been any bleeding, then try not to worry. I've had 4 early losses and 1 perfect pregnancy. I've had mild cramping in all 5. Im now pregnant again, only 5 weeks tomorrow, and I've had cramping on and off. But unless there's blood (and so far so good), I TRY not to worry.. Which translates to, I worry, but keep telling myself it's ok.. 

My doctor does an internal ultrasound at 8 weeks to see the heartbeat because I dont think you'd be able to hear it yet. Maybe you could ask for that?

Good luck. HUGS

Carolyn, married to M, momma to K (09/'09) and C (04/'12).
#3 of 8 Old 08-25-2011, 06:58 PM

I have been cramping mildly almost the entire time. Even today I had a tiny sharp one today. I talked to a friend about it a few days ago. She had a miscarriage a number of years ago. She said that she has always experienced this type of mild cramping but when she miscarried there was no mistaking it.

I for one have never felt it in my 3 previous pregnancies so I know how easy it is to wonder and worry. I hope that you get the chance to hear your baby's heartbeat tomorrow!

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#4 of 8 Old 08-26-2011, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPotato View Post

I'm 8 weeks, 4 days along and have had some mild/moderate cramping this afternoon that's got me a bit nervous.  No spotting, and I'm still s-i-c-k.  I have my first routine appt tomorrow, but I don't know if it'll be too early to hear the heartbeat on doppler, so I'm not sure whether I'll get any real reassurance for another couple weeks.  Anybody else?  I know there's nothing I can do either way, but I guess I'd love some reassurance that this isn't a sign of certain doom or anything.  Worry wart.

This could have been exactly my post last night. Hang in there, let us know how the appt goes. :)

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#5 of 8 Old 08-26-2011, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Appt went well!!!  Got a quick external ultrasound-- baby looks like a little gummy bear now, with a distinct head and arms and legs-- measured 8w 3d, which is pretty darn good, with a happy little heartbeat fluttering away  :)  :)  :)

Cramping has lessened a lot as well- Dr seemed unconcerned about, and just said that there's a lot of stretching, etc, going on down there.  

Yay!!!!!  :)  Off now to try and RELAX! (not my forte)

#6 of 8 Old 08-26-2011, 05:10 PM

YAY! Thats such fantastic news! Im a few weeks behind you, my first appt isnt until Sept 16. Im hoping to get the same reassurance. 

Carolyn, married to M, momma to K (09/'09) and C (04/'12).
#7 of 8 Old 08-26-2011, 10:00 PM

Ii'm glad to see your post...i am having BAD cramps (i've been cramping off and on the whole pregnancy so far). I'm 6 weeks and my first US is 9/8. I started spotting brown today :(

But, reading your posts has given me hope! I am trying to hang in there until the US in two weeks. I'm just hoping and praying the brown spotting doesn't turn red and it's nice to know my cramps are normal!

DW married to DH expecting first baby in April 2012!

#8 of 8 Old 08-27-2011, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amo4piano View Post

Ii'm glad to see your post...i am having BAD cramps (i've been cramping off and on the whole pregnancy so far). I'm 6 weeks and my first US is 9/8. I started spotting brown today :(

But, reading your posts has given me hope! I am trying to hang in there until the US in two weeks. I'm just hoping and praying the brown spotting doesn't turn red and it's nice to know my cramps are normal!

I don't want to worry you, but at my Dr's they want to hear from you any time there's any spotting.  If you're having both spotting and bad cramps, I'd definitely give them a call and just see if they'd like you to come in sooner.  -hugs-

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page