Weekly chat Aug 26-Sept 2 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 71 Old 09-01-2011, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Are we walking a fine line while being pregnant? I don't think that I've ever had my immunity checked during previous pregnancies. If it was checked I am unaware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajahkat View Post

Not trying to preach or anything, but just for anyone who might be new to the pregnancy thing and not know why rubella is a serious thing when pregnant. smile.gif

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#62 of 71 Old 09-01-2011, 08:14 PM

They checked my rubella immunity during my last pregnancy and DIDN'T TELL ME I was no longer immune. I found out about 6 hours after my very long labor and c-section when they came in to give me a rubella booster. Uh...what? I don't make medical decisions under duress or without research so I got the shot when DD was 6 months old. My GP looked at me over that, but whatever.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#63 of 71 Old 09-01-2011, 08:30 PM

Adore- It isn't done separately, it's part of the prenatal panel- blood work that's usually done at your initial visit. So you might not have noticed it was done unless you looked over your lab results.

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
#64 of 71 Old 09-01-2011, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajahkat View Post

So the problem with rubella is it can be a really mild disease in children. As a pregnant woman, you wouldn't always know you should have been avoiding someone who was sick with it. And it isn't so much about you contracting a relatively mild disease as it is about the possibly devastating effects on your unborn baby.

Thanks, I do know why its a risk during pregnancy (already explained it to my family smile.gif ) While I do work with "children" (actually teens and young adults), the 3 who live in the group home I work with are probably at a low risk to come in contact with it, and I know have vax's up to date. I don't really ever encounter other children.... or other people... I'm not super social lol.gif

#65 of 71 Old 09-02-2011, 05:08 AM

I woke up today with a major case of hormones raging.  I wanted to start a fight with my hubby over the dumbest things.  Talk about crazy.  It's toned down some, but I'm still ticked with him. 

Thanks for the rubella talk, it reminded me I should probably get my son his MMR shot here eventually.  I'm not particularly concerned, but as I'm not anti vax it's something that I should get around to eventually.

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
#66 of 71 Old 09-02-2011, 05:20 AM

I got hit with a bit of a panic yesterday. We're going up for a family reunion and telling PILs and others this weekend. There's NO way around telling (believe me). I started to panic that maybe I have a dead fetus in me and I'm about to tell everyone for naught. I know missed miscarriages are both possible and rare...but this isn't a logical event, it's an emotional one.

I called midwife and she offer to have me come to her hours in between visits and try to hear the heartbeat with dopplar (our first appt is in two weeks). I'm 9w5d. Now I'm debating, should I go? My feelings have dissipated since yesterday's crazy-attack. If I don't hear a heart beat I'll know logically that it's super early to try to hear anyway. If I do, I'll be overjoyed and DH won't even be there. 

We are supposed to leave directly after class this afternoon (car trip to reunion), but I'd be running to the MWs in between. Should I just be patient and wait, or should I go on the off chance she'll be able to find tones?

I have to decide by 12 and I'm truly on the fence!!!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#67 of 71 Old 09-02-2011, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hmmm, in your shoes, I would be VERY tempted, but I think I would try to resist. Because if I didn't hear it, I would have that thought in the back of my mind, compounding with the other thoughts and it would fuel my paranoia.

I had the information session with the midwives yesterday and it was great! Exactly the kind of care I want. One of the midwives talked for about 30 minutes, then we could get our first appointments booked if we had decided to use them. So I have my first appointment on September 12th, which suits me perfectly. I will be 9w 4d then, and its less than 2 weeks away! Time was crawling until I hit week 6 but went quickly between 6 and 8 so hopefully I have enough to keep me busy until then.

#68 of 71 Old 09-02-2011, 06:57 AM

Rosie, i think the inconvenience and possibility that you might not hear aperfectly healthy baby yet would keep me from going in. Your baby is most likely fine---s/he's been burrowed in tight for nine weeks already! I say do what will help you stay calm--whichever way that is.

#69 of 71 Old 09-03-2011, 01:58 PM

rajahkat, I am in Tampa.

justkate- no new information about the house hunt.

I am starting to feel guilty about not doing more around the house and DH is getting annoyed that I am not doing anything. It's like now that it's #4 all concern is gone or something. Sorry Dude, I'm tired! The only time I feel well enough to do stuff is in the morning, and I keep having to take my mom to dr's appt's or work at my girls school so it's not like there is a bunch of extra time. I get home in the afternoon exhausted, nap, get the girls from school then it's prepare dinner or lay in bed trying not to throw up. Looking forward to some energy and feeling a bit better so I can get some stuff done around the house.

I wouldn't get a doppler.

oh ad I am so annoyed with eating all the time, although I finally had something that ACTUALLY tasted good and that was pretty amazing!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#70 of 71 Old 09-03-2011, 03:35 PM

I'm having to eat constantly too. This is the first time I've ever had "morning" sickness so badly. I'm not vomiting, just always feeling like I want to. The only thing that makes it ease off is eating something every hour (or less). At this rate I'm going to gain a hundred pounds.

In other news, I bought a new sewing machine yesterday so I can start sewing some things. I've got little wool slippers in the works for all the kids. I'm so glad September is here. I 'm quite ready to be done with summer and looking forward to pumpkin festivals and mulled cider and such. And my oldest is celebrating his tenth birthday on Tuesday, so that should be fun. smile.gif. We may go bowling. I had to laugh because when I asked him what kind of cake he wanted, he said he didn't want cake, he just wanted a big pile of nectarines. That's all fine and good but mama wants birthday cake too. smile.gif

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
#71 of 71 Old 09-05-2011, 03:52 AM

I'm picking up my sewing machine Friday, I have MISSED it!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page