Weekly chat Aug 26-Sept 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 71 Old 08-26-2011, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

New week, yay!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#2 of 71 Old 08-26-2011, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It is indeed. Well, it feels like the end of the week, but yay for a new chat week! :) Thanks for putting up the thread.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#3 of 71 Old 08-26-2011, 11:09 AM

yay, now that I know about these I am in!

I am searching for houses right now and while I thought it would be fun it's really a PIA.  We just want too many things. We need a place for us and somewhere my mom can stay, preferrably not in the house with us and she is uber critical and she has a pitbull and we don't want a pitbull in our house...especially not one who has killed a cat before since we have 3 cats. Then we want land because we want farm animals for eggs and dairy, and if we could have some for meat that would be AWESOME! While getting farm land we also want to stay close enough to the girls school that they can continue going and I am really not up for driving more then 30 minutes to get there.  It kind of makes me want to slam my head into a brick wall.

pregnancy is settling in, I am not exhausted anymore which means I FINALLY got around to making pregnancy tea. Peeing all the time is mad annoying but I have only thrown up twice which is HUGE for me! I hope it continues this way.

some time this week I will go pick up my newly fixed sewing machine then I am looking forward to sewing..finally.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#4 of 71 Old 08-26-2011, 11:23 AM

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with Hypothyroidism during pregnancy? My MW put me on meds to bring up my thyroid levels because they're not quite where they should be. She said I wouldn't be considered Hypo if I WASN'T pg.... but that there are so many complications with untreated Hypo in PG that she'd rather be safe.

After reading all the crazy stuff about untreated Hypo in the first Trimester.... MY HEAD IS SPINNING!!!

I'm an emotional wreck. I feel angry...... with myself..... like I should have know about this beforehand. But I've never had a thyroid issue before - so saying "I should have known" is just silly.

I'm pg and irrational.... and moody. This situation is NOT helping!!! BLAH. Looking forward to the 2nd trimester already..... and the general sense of well-being and happiness that I felt last time!

thanks for letting me vent....

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

#5 of 71 Old 08-26-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2be_k View Post

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with Hypothyroidism during pregnancy? My MW put me on meds to bring up my thyroid levels because they're not quite where they should be. She said I wouldn't be considered Hypo if I WASN'T pg.... but that there are so many complications with untreated Hypo in PG that she'd rather be safe.

After reading all the crazy stuff about untreated Hypo in the first Trimester.... MY HEAD IS SPINNING!!!

I'm an emotional wreck. I feel angry...... with myself..... like I should have know about this beforehand. But I've never had a thyroid issue before - so saying "I should have known" is just silly.

I'm pg and irrational.... and moody. This situation is NOT helping!!! BLAH. Looking forward to the 2nd trimester already..... and the general sense of well-being and happiness that I felt last time!

thanks for letting me vent....

What meds are you on? I just started taking iodine to help my thyroid functions, which I believe is low. I had it tested about a year ago and it was on the low end of normal (I wasn't pregnant at the time, I wonder if I'd be considered too low now?) Anyway, thyroid problems run in my family so I thought some iodine couldn't hurt! Now I'm thinking maybe I should get it tested again....

slinggirl.gif  Melissa: wife todh_malesling.GIF, mama to 5 dear children grouphug.gif and remembering Matthias angel2.gif (8.9.05 - 8.10.05)

#6 of 71 Old 08-26-2011, 01:17 PM

Courtney- good luck w/ house hunting!  I hope you guys find something soon that's just right for you.  My SIL lives in Wewahitchka in the panhandle, and she has chickens and dogs on a small lot.  They made a small coop and have 4, I think.  They also have a garage that they are converting to an apartment to rent out for extra income.  Keep your eyes open, you will find exactly what you want, or something close enough that you can make it into what you want it to be.

Momma2b_k- hug2.gif

BIL is coming over tonight, so we're going to tell him...that should be fun.  I know he will be happy.  He's pestered us about having another one for a long time, lol.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#7 of 71 Old 08-26-2011, 02:04 PM

Courtney -- While I dream of a bigger house and moving someday, I don't envy your position at all.  Yikes.  There would be so many things on our list (having owned a house now and knowing more of what we want) that it would be really hard to find a perfect fit!!  When we bought our house we had dd1 and a kid (dd2) on the way.  The house seemed huge then, but now with four kids and another on the way, it's feeling smaller by the minute!!  Good luck on your journey... Can't wait to hear all about it!  I hope you do get your sewing machine stitching soon because I can't wait to see your creations!

Mom2be_k -- I have no idea about thyroid issues, but I wish you the best!!  As if pregnancy isn't crazy enough on your mental state, having to worry about other health issues would be maddening... Hopefully others will have some good advice!

Christy1980 -- I'm excited for you to be sharing the news with somebody who will be excited!!

As for me.. we've told family and some friends, but I don't really feel the need to broadcast it out to the world yet.. or even make it "Facebook official" yet... not because we're not excited (wow!  I really am this time!!), but because I just don't want any negativity.  I don't want to deal with the comments that come with having a fifth child, the snide comments about hoping for a boy finally (I *LOVE* my girls and honestly would LOVE another girl!)... I just want to be in my own happy bubble.  So.. I'll stay here for a while.  Little by little we've let more people know.. and in a small town, word travels fast, so I won't have to tell everybody on my own anyway ;)

I'm still feeling quite well most days!  I'm trying to be sure to eat enough... with a pregnancy, nursing the 17-month-old *and* running, I feel like I'm trying to feed my face a lot.  Sometimes it's tricky (not much sounds good often), but I usually find *something* to eat.

And (my admission here...)... I'm still drinking coffee.  Just one cup a day... and a latte at that (espresso per volume has more shot than traditional drip coffee, but just two shots in a 16 oz drink really doesn't amount to much.. maybe even less than a cup of drip caffiene-wise!).  I was a barista at my favorite coffee shop through my pregnancy with dd4 and did drink lattes then too... until they suddenly didn't taste good.  So then I stopped.  I'm hoping that will happen again because it would be a lot cheaper ;)

Here's an outfit I recently completed.. could be for this new baby, could be for my brother and his wife who are having their first baby in March.. or now one of dh's cousins is having her first in March as well!  Aaaaand, I have a good friend due next month!

306785_10150289316564713_680844712_7994063_6689112_n.jpg

I *LOVE* making baby clothes!  Plenty more are in store for the future ;)  (though really, I have a lot still from when dd4 was born... but then of course after *her* arrival, I did make plenty of girly clothes! and gave away the boy clothes I had made!)

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#8 of 71 Old 08-26-2011, 02:23 PM

Thursday Girl, you could have written the requirements for my house. I really dread looking next time we move, because now that we've settled into this one so well, I can't imagine another fitting us as nicely! The only limiter is we probably don't have the right amount of land for goats. But we trade that for being a mile from my parent's house and where I grew up, so we're lucky!

I must mention, even before we found ourselves in a DDC together I've come across your posts because I remember your avatar. I LOVE that picture! :)

momma3be - I know nothing of hypothyroidism. :-/ Sounds like your MW is proactive in a good way.

judy, what a cute outfit!!! It makes me want to steal my mom's sewing machine and start perusing patterns. I haven't sewn in a while, but you're inspiring. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#9 of 71 Old 08-26-2011, 02:27 PM

Well, this morning was the first morning that I actually got sick. The past few mornings I've dry heaved into the toilet, but this morning was awful! I hadn't gotten a chance to eat anything yet, so the only thing that came out was stomach acid which is the worst! Hopefully I can catch myself earlier next time and make sure there's something in there. I am only 8 weeks and we usually don't tell anyone except our immediate families and maybe a friend or 2 until at least the 12th week due to our history of miscarriages, but not this time! My husband has absolutely no filter on his mouth! He has already told half the town and our town isn't that big. I was hoping to wait a while to tell my employer, but it may come out sooner rather than later. The funny thing is that he wants to find out what we are having this time but not tell anyone. I asked him how he thinks he can keep that a secret when he couldn't keep the pregnancy a secret. All he said was that it was the type of secret he can keep. This coming from a man who has always given me presents early because he can't wait for me to open them. We'll see. Maybe this one will be like our last and not give us a glimpse at all!

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

#10 of 71 Old 08-26-2011, 03:21 PM

momma3be I have hypothyroid and have had it for awhile.  I went through one pregnancy with my son who is perfectly healthy and this is my second.  I'm not really worried.  It seems like your MW is being proactive in a very good way.  I wouldn't worry about it, lots of people who are borderline or on the low side of hypothryoid don't know they are.  That said, it takes a bad case of hypothyroid to really reek havoc on a pregnancy.  As in the type that has been around for a long time and would make it hard to get pregnant in the first place.  So don't worry!  You have a great MW!  Oh, I should add pregnancy didn't mess with my thyroid levels at all last time.  I don't think they will this time either.  Generally it's after the pregnancy ends that you might need a change in medication.

judy, I love the outfit, it's so cute!

Here things are going pretty well, I'm just drop dead tired and got issues with heartburn already (only 4.5 weeks).  I thought chocolate sounded good earlier and I regretted eating it.  I started feeling sick and got a wicked case of heartburn after. 

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
#11 of 71 Old 08-26-2011, 03:34 PM

Mommy2be- I have had thyroid issues (hypothyroid) for over 8 years or so, right before I got pregnant both times, my Dr. tends to double check and possibly up my synthroid by a tiny bit, but in all honesty, like someone else mentioned, I felt perfect throughout all of my last pregnancy and this one too so far, and my thyroid levels have remained constant.  After I delivered #1, my thyroid went crazy and it actually swung in the opposite direction and I had hypERthyroidism and they took me completely off my meds.  I had lost all of my pregnancy weight plus 5# within the first 2 weeks.  Then about 6 months later, it went back and I slowly started gaining weight again and went back on meds.  So, although not all pregnancies or thyroid conditions are the same- it really was fine for me, especially while pregnant, I think that if you "barely" even qualify to have a thyroid conditions, than you probably don't have anything to worry about.  Let me know if you want anymore info, otherwise try to relax and feel good that you have an extra thorough midwife smile.gif

Happy Wifey to DH tiphat.gifand loving Momma to DS1 superhero.gif 4yrs and DS2  babyboy.gif 6 months

#12 of 71 Old 08-26-2011, 04:01 PM

OK, super excited about this. We heard the heartbeat! 8w5d on a shiny new Sonoline B home fetal doppler. We rented one with my daughter and found it at 11 weeks then, so I really do know what I'm listening to. We told DD too.

It's alive!

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#13 of 71 Old 08-26-2011, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

yay for heartbeats!  I am hoping I will be able to hear it at mw appt in september when I will be a little over 10 weeks.  So excited for you!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#14 of 71 Old 08-26-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thursday Girl View Post

yay, now that I know about these I am in!

I was wondering about you!  Hopefully the house stuff works out just right so that you'll have less to worry about for a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flavorfull1 View Post

yay for heartbeats!  I am hoping I will be able to hear it at mw appt in september when I will be a little over 10 weeks.  So excited for you!

joy.gif I'm anxious to hear it too!  My first "real" appt will be Sept. 15 and I'm hoping that they'll have a listen.  I'll be 11 weeks, so hopefully s/he will be loud enough by then.

#15 of 71 Old 08-26-2011, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

judy - I love the outfit, it's adorable!

Thursday girl - what do you put in your pregnancy tea?  I got some from my midwife my last few pregnancies but I don't remember what was in it.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#16 of 71 Old 08-27-2011, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

judy- seriously, I want your energy, organization, and creativity!  Do you ever sleep?  running, crafts, teaching your children and growing a human being!!!  I love love love the placemats and the outfit. I am hoping to do something soon!

thomatuttle- sorry about the ms, I have felt incredibly nauseated and just started dry heaving over the toilet two days ago.  Before I thought I would just feel better if I could throw up, hmm not so much.

Christy1980- how did it go? was BIL excited?

mama2bek- sorry about the thyroid issues, I don't know anything about it but it does sound stressful to just have one more thing to think about.

thursday girl- good luck with house hunting. I wish I was house hunting.  We are in NYC and will move back to NC before we finally get our own house.  Apartment living for us for now!

Any other NYC mamas out there?  We are all prepared for Irene and hopefully stocked with enough food and water.  I really don't want to be stuck without power.  We are in brooklyn and in a good location water wise but I am not looking forward to how gross the city will be after flooding.  Transportation will be difficult enough and I am already super sensitive to smells around here!

#17 of 71 Old 08-28-2011, 08:02 AM

Thanks RosieL.

MS- It hasn't been as bad this time as previous pregnancies. I have only puked 3 times and I only occasionally feel nausea. Which I am super excited about.  This pregnancy is different for that reason and b/c I am not constipated like my other pregnancies, quite the opposite actually. So then I got to thinking, I have 3 girls there pregnancies were similiar in symptoms, could that really mean tat the difference is because it's a boy, and that seems plain stupid. why would one sex make you feel differently then another? where is the scientific explanation?

ALSO< who has problems brushing their teeth? 2 times I threw up it was after brushing my teeth, I just lost it, and with one of my daughters (and this is gross) I just couldn't brush my teeth it made me sick every time so for about a week at a time I'd just rinse with listerine and when things got too gross I'd brush my teeth but then throw up.

Red Sonja, right now I am just using herbal medicinals pregnancy tea b/c I don't have the money to buy the herbs themselves and my mom bought the box tea for me. I make a gallon at a time. I Posted the recipe I got from a friend in the prenatal vitamin thread.

Hope you mama's in the way of Irene are doing okay!

House hunting, we might add in  looking in the historic neighborhood we live in now within the city. If my mom keeps working being out there will be too hard for her to get to work and nothing is turning up close enough to the girls school.  Hubs has to clean the campus every day and if he has to drive even 30-40 minutes we will never see him, as is  we hardly ever get to have dinner with him, The school is worth it, and worth not getting our farm yet, especially since we won't be able to get a BIG enough farm at the moment. I guess we will know tomorrow as that's when I take my mom in to see what the spot on her brain is.  I'm trying to act like it;s nothing while my mom and sisters freak, but really I'm scared.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#18 of 71 Old 08-28-2011, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

you ladies house hunting, iv got that exact house for sale in Colorado! ha ha.... a MIL/guest house 3 bedroom with barn, garage and 3 acres, with a private school within walking distance. but...its a little far from Florida! ha ha

that baby outfit is sooooooo cute!!!! i wish i was that good/motivated!

afm- weird dreams but no nausea....i'll take it! ha ha

-viv-

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#19 of 71 Old 08-28-2011, 12:08 PM

OMG, my dreams are so weird I don't even want to share them!

#20 of 71 Old 08-28-2011, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

um, weird/vivid dreams galore here and an increased sex drive....DH likes that, it didn't happen last time, like total opposite.  Kind of weird to feel all nauseated and into your man at the same time redface.gif

#21 of 71 Old 08-28-2011, 01:14 PM

Big hugs to you all and hope everyone survived Irene.

I second yay for hear beats! I am waiting for my next apt. With midwives in sept. I will be 11 weeks. Renting a heart monitor is tempting but if I couldn't hear I would fret so waiting it is for me. wink1.gif

Judy, what a super cute outfit! Very inspiring. I am hoping to take a class to learn how to put my serger to better use in sept. But that involves an hour commute to the city. Where did you learn how to do that? Very cool. I wish we learned more sewing and knitting stuff in school(girls and boys).

Thursday, sorry to hear about your mom. Big big hugs!***heads up for mamas unable to read about the f**d word...skip this part*** About diff symptoms I feel this way too. With dd I was so sick I slept in front of the toilet and crawled to the bed(which felt like running a marathon) when I could muster up the strength. The thought of greens and meat and everything made me repulsed. I lost like 10-15 pounds. This baby I feel queasy but only got sick once. I can only eat cereal or oat meal during the day but at night I crave meat(last week made family drive to Cuban part of nj about an hour away so I could eat ropa vieja). I can eat it at night but there is no way I could prepare it my stomach isn't strng enough for that. Plus If I think about it too much it becomes repulsive to me. For weeks 2,3,4 of this pregnancy (two before finding out and one after) all I did was craft hot dogs, hamburgers, and peanut butter and these are three things I usually dislike. So, I think this might be a boy. But it's still kind of early I don't want to make that call. Lol

Momma2be, Good luck! Also I am from north jersey too. smile.gif

Flavorful, how'd Irene treat you? I hope you are doing well. We are in north jersey and everything seems fine but across the street there is a pond when there is usually grass. Oops. All in all we are very fortunate.

"E" reggo :yoga wash.gif :clothes and if I have time knit.gif peas in a pod with overworked DP "E" Cosleeping, Extended breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering(a bit obsessed), babywearing, SAHM to DD wl 9/09 and expecting homebirth in 4/12 joy.gif
#22 of 71 Old 08-28-2011, 01:38 PM

Crazy dreams here too. No sex drive, but when DH initiates it is EXTREMELY pleasurable. So that's good. He just has to get over my lack of initiation. ;) 

Liss you have now made me mad for ropa vieja. We have a GC for our favorite cuban place; I'm gonna have to make a date for it tomorrow!

My mom is making crabcakes tonight have having us over for dinner. Now's the time to tell her. I think she can keep it secret from DH's parents for the week that's necessary (we go up to visit them next weekend). I still have NO IDEA why I'm so reluctant to tell, because I know they'll be overjoyed. Maybe because it still doesn't feel real yet. 

Hope this week treats us all very nicely!

#23 of 71 Old 08-28-2011, 04:30 PM

Hello all, enjoying reading through these threads but not often finding the time to read.  We're finishing up building our house right now, so that feels all consuming, plus keeping up with the kids.  I'm feeling more tired for sure, and also really nauseous if I don't eat, but then never really wanting to eat anything - fun!

No crazy dreams so far....as for sex drive, it's so interesting, with both of my girls I had a crazy sex drive especially in the second trimester, and then with my son I had no sex drive at all.  Too bad, DH was really looking forward to that stage with my third!  I'm curious to see if my pattern holds true for this pregnancy, and predicts the gender???!!!  

Hope everyone in the path of Irene is well.  We're getting lots of wind up here in Southern Ontario, but hopefully not much more than that.  I still want a bit more of summer, to finish our list - water park, lake swims, picnics......  I do love fall, but I'm not QUITE ready to give up on summer!

Living life as fully as we can, with our three fellow adventure-seekers ~ K (2000), T (2003) and R (2007).  
#24 of 71 Old 08-29-2011, 05:21 AM

DH went back to work today, and I managed to get up before the kids (yeah!) I am actually having a really good morning. I just need to pace myself so as not to be completely worn out by the time he gets home this afternoon. We have canned 42 qts of peaches in the last 5 days as well as putting some in the freezer. There are still some more to deal with, and I need to get them in the freezer today before they are a lost cause.

DH wants me to call our Flex spending company today to see if we can use it toward the doula or homebirth midwife. Our insurance will not cover either. We have to decide in the next few weeks how much to put into the account for the year. I don't want to put an extra $2k in there if we can't use it for the birth. There is no way we would use that much for anything else. Right now I am thinking of putting enough for the doula (550) because we will use her no matter where we birth. But if something happens and we can't have a homebirth, I don't want to have the money put away and lose it, either. Last time the MW was $1600. We live farther away this time, and honestly, I hope she charges us more. She is totally worth it, and I don't think she charges enough for all her time and supplies. She even told me once that she charges enough to cover her costs. Anyway, that is where I am at right now.

As for sex, well, it has been a while. At some times during the day, it sounds like a good idea, but by the time we have time, I am so not interested. I am looking forward to the 2nd tri in this regard, bigtime, and so is DH.

Mom to Sam (3/2007), Bekah (4/2009)hbac.gif, Jedidiah (4/2012)hbac.gif, and expecting #4 in March!
#25 of 71 Old 08-29-2011, 06:46 AM

A good friend of mine was able to use her flex spending to pay for her illegal homebirth midwife. She just said it was "birth services."

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#26 of 71 Old 08-29-2011, 08:00 AM

Sorry, I am on a computer all week @ work, I hate getting on one on my time off on the weekends!

BIL freaked, he was totally excited.  We called his DW and told her, she was totally excited.  thumb.gif

I'm calling my grandmas tonight, and will let them pass the word to aunts/uncles.  DH still has to call his G-parents and he wants to tell his aunts/uncles himself.  SO that should fun!

I've been having pains on my right side.  Just occasional twinges and sometimes dull pain, like a muscle or ligament is pulled/stretched.  I did move some chairs around for church, and I think I overdid it, but was feeling it a couple of days before, like when I would run.  Has me worried about ectopic, but no spotting/bleeding, and it only seems to hurt when I'm active.  Plus, it's not a sharp pain or shooting pain, and it seems to be over by my hip.  But after 5.5 years of TTC, I'm paranoid/worried about everything.

I tried calling the MW I want to use, and left her a message.  I'm going to call her again today.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#27 of 71 Old 08-29-2011, 08:02 AM

How did all our Hurrican Irene families do?  You guys OK? 

#28 of 71 Old 08-29-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieL View Post

Crazy dreams here too. No sex drive, but when DH initiates it is EXTREMELY pleasurable. So that's good. He just has to get over my lack of initiation. wink1.gif 

Liss you have now made me mad for ropa vieja. We have a GC for our favorite cuban place; I'm gonna have to make a date for it tomorrow!

My mom is making crabcakes tonight have having us over for dinner. Now's the time to tell her. I think she can keep it secret from DH's parents for the week that's necessary (we go up to visit them next weekend). I still have NO IDEA why I'm so reluctant to tell, because I know they'll be overjoyed. Maybe because it still doesn't feel real yet. 

Hope this week treats us all very nicely!

wink1.gif

ooh and crab cakes they sound so good too

"E" reggo :yoga wash.gif :clothes and if I have time knit.gif peas in a pod with overworked DP "E" Cosleeping, Extended breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering(a bit obsessed), babywearing, SAHM to DD wl 9/09 and expecting homebirth in 4/12 joy.gif
#29 of 71 Old 08-29-2011, 09:29 AM

Add me to the list of folks looking for a bigger house. There is one not too far away that I'm drooling over. Close enough to the mountain that we would still get nice snowy winters, On the river, almost 4000 square feet and affordable. Now to convince the husband. He hates moving.

In other news the icky stomach kicked in yesterday. I feel like I have to eat constantly to keep it at bay, and the only things that sound appealing are totally unhealthy. Like French fries.

We haven't told anyone yet. Probably won't for quite awhile. I'll tell my MIL most likely when she comes out at the end of Oct.

So, off to the airport to pick up the husband. Take care all!

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
#30 of 71 Old 08-29-2011, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

We are in Brooklyn and Irene was just another rainy windy day.  Not something I felt like we should go out in, so a little more than just a typical day, but not scary and we did not lose power.  We are very thankful and fortunate to pretty much just have had to stay inside for 48 hours.  DS was stir crazy but that was the worst of it!  Hope everyone else fared well too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page