how far along are you and how do you feel? symptoms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 08-26-2011, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm due around the 28th or so, just working on 5 weeks. Normally I have sore breats and some mild tummy yuck, but bodywise feel ok. This time, no morning sickness,breats are not sore, nothing different except bloated, round ligament pulling and stuff. What about you?
#2 of 31 Old 08-26-2011, 10:25 PM

I'm due on the 29th & don't have any symptoms yet, really, either. I don't usually start feeling exhausted & icky until 7+ish weeks...so I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts & plan to make meal plans now for when I'm too tired to care in a few weeks! :-)

~Dianna

#3 of 31 Old 08-27-2011, 05:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am due on the 12th so 7 weeks along. I had sore boobs at first but that went away around week 6, when my queasy feeling gave way for full blown, couldn't keep water down, "morning" sickness. Mornings, ha! It lasted all day. Now, as long as I take my special pill for the nausea, I am able to eat, and don't throw up. I have mild nausea sometimes and still have to work hard to find something I can eat, but its worlds better. I am exhausted, and have been since about 4 weeks. I can sleep 16 hours a day, and do if my work schedule permits.

#4 of 31 Old 08-27-2011, 06:44 AM

I'm due on the 1st, so 8w6d along. I'm occasionally nauseous, throw up once a day, and have lots lots of round ligament pain. Also my milk is drying up. I have less morning sickness and exhaustion than last time, but I'm also chasing a toddler now.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#5 of 31 Old 08-27-2011, 07:38 AM

I'm due on the 3rd-- so now 8 weeks, 5 days.  Round ligament pain since before my bfp, achy tailbone when I walk a lot, sore boobs since about 5 weeks, and hard core morning sickness sine 6.5 weeks.  Taking something for the nausea, but it still seems to be getting worse- I'm hoping that the tides will start to turn soon!  Very, very tired (doesn't help that my nausea med is unisom- so if I want to not puke, then I'm gonna be sleepy).  I'm like a pp, finding it extremely hard to find anything that sounds good to eat most of the time.  Oh-- and I'm impatient and cranky  :(

#6 of 31 Old 08-27-2011, 08:00 AM

I'm 7 weeks and as of right now the symptoms I've been experiencing are round ligament pain, sore nipples and growing breasts, increased appetite, fatigue in the evening, a little queasy here and there, bloating, very vivid dreams, more emotionally sensitive, increased sense of smell, having to pee multiple times a night, weight gain and definite baby-belly growth.

Tanya treehugger.gif DH-Brian, DD Adri (8), DD Izzy (7), DS Ollie angel.gif (1/5/11 @ 17 weeks) and our rainbow1284.gif baby due April 12th, 2012.

Of all the lessons I did not learn as a child, or even as an adult; I learn through being, mother to my children. Through love and through pain, we are delivered and blessed!

#7 of 31 Old 08-27-2011, 10:48 AM

Due the last week in April.

Lots of tender pubis discomfort, a little round ligament pain.

Lots of hot and cold flashes. I've spend a lot of late night time shivering in a hot bath.

Very mild nipple pain, only when I'm nursing.

My achy knees and hips now feel nice and loose.

A new one for me, lots of loose bowels.

Major cravings for chicken. Major aversion to mayo. Fruit tastes soooooooo good. Peppermint is gross.

I'm thirsty all the time.

Mild nausea but it's under control. I have a history of puking during the last trimester rather than the first.

Insomnia. Vivid dreams.

The best symptom so far, both my kids reek of new baby sweet smell. I can't stop hugging and kissing them when ever they get within 3 feet of me.

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#8 of 31 Old 08-27-2011, 10:59 AM

Heightened sense of smell
Lots of ligament pain, sneezing or standing up too quickly has me doubled over in pain
Bloating
Breast tenderness

I'm 5w3d

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
#9 of 31 Old 08-27-2011, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

5 weeks 3 days. 

sore bb's

achy back/hips (ligaments loosening)

short dizzy spells

peeing ALL THE TIME

super hungry all the time

heightened sense of smell. 

no nausea or food aversions yet, yippee!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#10 of 31 Old 08-27-2011, 01:30 PM

I am due on the 14th so 7 weeks.  I have sensitive breasts, but I also have a toddler who likes to jump and climb all over me as well as still nursing a few times a day. :p  My sense of smell isn't quite at super-power status yet but still quite powerful.  I'm feeling nauseated throughout the day at times but no actual vomiting.  I feel shortness of breath quite a bit, even without doing really strenuous activities.  Also feeling some abdominal discomfort at times.

knit.gifLaura, mama to my wonderful Wilhelmina (11/08) energy.gif and my precious Peregrine (4/12) babyboy.gif

#11 of 31 Old 08-27-2011, 01:44 PM

8 weeks + 1 today

Bloated, funky bowels

On and off nausea, but getting better; 6-7 weeks was the worst so far

Hungry all the time

Tender nips

Other than bloating, not feeling showy yet

Serious fatigue is fading already; was worst at 6-7 weeks

Hopefully things just improve from here!

#12 of 31 Old 08-27-2011, 03:51 PM

I'm a little over 5 weeks, have had a few days of fatigue and some cramping early on, and have had a major increase in appetite for the last week - but now have almost no symptoms except bigger and sorer breasts than I've ever had before. That, and a heightened sense of smell. Some days I wake up and wonder if I am really pregnant since I feel so good!  Today was one of those days that I started wondering because yesterday I was much more active than usual but didn't feel ravenously hungry as I have been. So I took another test this morning to reassure myself and it came out a very strong positive (the control line is very thin, I think the positive line took the dye away from it!)...

I'm not planning to get an ultrasound at any time during this pregnancy so I won't have that nice confirmation of seeing the heartbeat. I guess I just have to assume everything is fine and not wonder why I have no morning sickness at all. My mom had absolutely none with me and everything was fine so maybe we're just lucky that way.

Although it's a bit weird to have so few symptoms, I'm glad I'm feeling good because I'm in the last two weeks of finishing my PhD thesis so I really can't afford to feel bad these days.

A dedicated treehugger.gif and academic, 32, married to DH hippie.gif since 07/07

Became a mommy to DD in May 2012 - so happy and in love!

#13 of 31 Old 08-28-2011, 04:06 AM

Chapluqa~  I feel the same!  I also won't be hearing the reassuring heartbeat for awhile (and I'm just dying too, seriously).  I had more symptoms right around my BFP and 2 weeks after.  Now I'm 7wks 2 days and I feel really normal most of the time which makes this feel very surreal for me.  I had some really bad cramping for the first couple weeks (which had me really worried) and then they stopped almost completely (which has me worried that I don't have them lol.gif).  I wish I could just relax and enjoy this more, but I'm a nervous first-timer I guess!  Otherwise in the beginning I had:  more nausea, sore breasts/nips, peeing all the time, cramps, crazy dreams-- well, pretty much every symptom!  Now I only have fleeting nausea, slightly tender/larger breasts, and I still pee more frequently at night.

Me = Healer, yogini, lactivist, step-mom, and wife to my dream come true joy.gif So grateful-- baby #1 April 2012

#14 of 31 Old 08-28-2011, 06:32 AM

I'm due the 10th, so about 8 weeks now.  I have had a yucky tummy mostly in the afternoons but all day is not unusual either, hot/cold flashes, hungry (but I am still nursing my toddlers), tired...like just after breakfast need a nap, moody/grouchy, and this terribly-horrible drippy nose that is so annoying.  I've never had that before.  Surprisingly, my breasts are not tender.

Wife to one cowboy and Mama to seven wonder kids.
#15 of 31 Old 08-28-2011, 08:03 AM

I'm 7 weeks 4 days (due around the 10th) 

Sore bbs when I wake up in the morning (that fades pretty quickly) 
I'm also waking up a couple times a night and when I go to turn over I crack all over and feel SO sore (I don't know if this is pregnancy related but it's new for me!) 
I haven't been eating well. I'll make something and then decide I don't want it. It's gotten a little better this week. 

Hillary (22) belly.gif Justin (25) stillheart.gif

We're expecting our first precious sprout in April 2012 joy.gif And planning a homebirth! homebirth.jpg

#16 of 31 Old 08-28-2011, 10:16 AM

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and I have pretty much every symptom. My breasts are incredibly sore (still breastfeeding), I'm an emotional wreck, food is either nauseating or all I can think about, twinges in my hips, exhaustion, dizziness, etc. I'm really hoping I can skip the bad morning sickness with this one. I still have plenty of time to be sick, but I'm definitely crossing my fingers.

#17 of 31 Old 08-28-2011, 01:59 PM

Almost at 9 weeks here. Lately it's mostly exhaustion. I have some morning energy and then I become completely useless in the afternoon. A nap is great but I don't get my energy back until about 5pm regardless of nap length. Boobs hurt less than they did before, but nipples are getting very sensitive. I have twinges of crampyness all around the pelvic area, but it's not really painful. I'm queasy most of the time, except *right* after eating. Nothing appeals to me but when I eat anyway, it's yummy. Chicken broth has been my favorite tummy savior. And grilled cheese with tomato soup. But I'm trying to back off the bread. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#18 of 31 Old 08-28-2011, 07:45 PM

9 weeks here. Get to hear that hb this week!

I feel awful, and that's very different from last time. I'm queasy pretty much all the time, and the B6 helps sort of, but still I mostly just want to lie down on my stomach and sleep.

I'm emotional ... in fact I quit my job last week because I got pissed off. There's more backstory, of course, and it was time for a change, but I don't think without the extra hormones I'd have had the guts to actually leave. (I'm a full-time gad student now, graduating in December!)

I feel like I'm extra-huge this time around already, but DH tells me that's in my head.

Mostly I just want to feel normal again, or as normal as one can really feel during pregnancy!

#19 of 31 Old 08-28-2011, 09:07 PM

Fun new symptom time, or not so fun. I'm 9 weeks exactly and have been practicing yoga for 10 years. Tonight I decided to practice for the first time in a week, and I had serious trouble getting into a headstand. Usually it's easy peasy. Yay for adjusting abdominal muscles?

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#20 of 31 Old 08-29-2011, 09:57 AM

I'm due around the 29th and so far nothing major I guess.  I already have a little belly.  I've been having cravings for claussen pickles (the only good pickles in my opinion) and carrots dipped in hummus.  Occasionally I get crampy and nausea's though.

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
#21 of 31 Old 08-29-2011, 10:57 AM

I'm due April 4th so, I'm about 8w4d. My symptoms include nausea, some vomiting but mostly just dry heaving, super sensitive nose, definitely a little more moody/emotional/grouchy/bitchy what-have-you, EXHAUSTED! I could easily take a 2 hour nap half an hour after waking up and then another a few hours later! I had tender nips before I found out, but haven't really had any other boob pain. For a few weeks, I was super achy all over too which topped with the exhaust just sucked! Unfortunately, I caught my daughter's cold last week, so I'm dealing with that as well. I've been bloated too which I hate. I have had discolored discharge on and off which is really irritating! Sometimes it is a light brown, sometimes a darker brown, sometimes a very light pink, sometimes an orange-ish color. I've heard the heartbeat and seen the babe on an u/s, but until this discharge ends, I have my first appointment in September, and I get into the 2nd trimester, I don't think I'm really going to be able to relax.

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

#22 of 31 Old 08-29-2011, 10:57 AM

I'm due April 4th so, I'm about 8w4d. My symptoms include nausea, some vomiting but mostly just dry heaving, super sensitive nose, definitely a little more moody/emotional/grouchy/bitchy what-have-you, EXHAUSTED! I could easily take a 2 hour nap half an hour after waking up and then another a few hours later! I had tender nips before I found out, but haven't really had any other boob pain. For a few weeks, I was super achy all over too which topped with the exhaust just sucked! Unfortunately, I caught my daughter's cold last week, so I'm dealing with that as well. I've been bloated too which I hate. I have had discolored discharge on and off which is really irritating! Sometimes it is a light brown, sometimes a darker brown, sometimes a very light pink, sometimes an orange-ish color. I've heard the heartbeat and seen the babe on an u/s, but until this discharge ends, I have my first appointment in September, and I get into the 2nd trimester, I don't think I'm really going to be able to relax.

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

#23 of 31 Old 08-29-2011, 11:05 AM

7 weeks

i feel surprisingly good right now. No nausea (this is huge for me!). Super sense of smell but everything smells goooooood!. Had some insomnia and some resulting fatigue a few days ago but thats passing. I was getting worried about the fatigue bc i have a road trip planned next week to visit family but i think its going to be fine. Ive just been enjoying the summer weather mostly. :)ays ago but thats passing. I was getting worried about the fatigue bc i have a road trip planned next week to visit family but i think its going to be fine. Ive just been enjoying the summer weather mostly. smile.gif

heartbeat.gif

#24 of 31 Old 08-29-2011, 11:07 AM

7 weeks

i feel surprisingly good right now. No nausea (this is huge for me!). Super sense of smell but everything smells goooooood!. Had some insomnia and some resulting fatigue a few days ago but thats passing. I was getting worried about the fatigue bc i have a road trip planned next week to visit family but i think its going to be fine. Ive just been enjoying the summer weather mostly. smile.gif i have a road trip planned next week to visit family but i think its going to be fine. Ive just been enjoying the summer weather mostly. smile.gif

heartbeat.gif

#25 of 31 Old 09-28-2011, 10:02 AM

Due april 16th-ish.... about 11wks and a few days.. 

Slight constipation

SUPER sleepy, all of the time

Not hungry until about noon, then hungry until I go to bed at night!

Sore back, sore nipples

Random, but mild dizzy spells

Drips of cervical mucus with no prior warning!

A wee bit more emotional than usual

About a month ago I was very into the morning sickness, but since, it has seemed to disappear. I'm really curious how that happened.

#26 of 31 Old 09-29-2011, 05:47 AM

Oooh, I have been stuffing myself with carrots dipped in hummus! Funny.

13w1d here and feeling good. I'm reminded that I'm pregnant every time I stand or change positions with little round ligament pains. And I can sleep forever!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#27 of 31 Old 09-29-2011, 10:34 AM

10 weeks, 1 day.

Slightly nauseated all day. Eating usually makes it better. Super hungry for lunch, but don't want a thing for dinner. Need tons of food before bed.

Constipation is increasing. I know I can make this better by taking liquid calcium-magnesium or Epsom salt baths, but neither appeal right now.

Still quite tired, but the utter exhaustion of the first few weeks has faded. I now go to bed as early as possible (9-9:30 if I can), and usually wake at 6-6:30. Today I dozed in the car as DH drove to my ultrasound appointment an hour away.

Breast tenderness has decreased significantly, but nips are still sore.

Slight round ligament pains - maybe 1-3 times a day upon movement.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#28 of 31 Old 10-15-2011, 06:20 AM

15w3d here. I'm getting over a cough (I hope) that's been hanging around for 10 days now. Once it's gone I'll get to see whether my feeling tired is due to that or this pregnancy. 

This is my first time, so I have no idea what to expect of my body and how things feel. Does anyone else feel like they swallowed a large, smooth rock that is sitting atop her pubic bone? I knew my uterus would feel harder than my belly, but I didn't expect THIS hard. And it's got a very defined, round shape. That, and it's tender. Growing pains?

#29 of 31 Old 10-15-2011, 06:54 AM

RosieL, a rock pretty much describes it LOL. Only mine is not so round, I seem to have an extra bump like ridge in the lower half which is sort of odd...otherwise, hard, heavy, and all around uncomfortable. The other night I told this baby it was pretty luck to have squeaked in under the wire because I was certainly not attempting this again when I'm older than this :)

On the cold front, I was sick, and I almost wish it would come back :p When I was sick I was sleeping at night, now that I'm getting better the insomnia is returning. I just lay there all night unable to sleep and feeling this horrible stretching pressure, thank goodness I only seem to grow at night or I'd get nothing done!

Otherwise things on the symptom front are pretty quiet here. At 15+6 I am constantly hungry but can't eat more than 3 bites, still haven't gained any weight, and have killer heartburn about once a week. Nausea is gone (although I still throw up occasionally). First pregnancy for me where I wasn't having significant braxton hicks by this point...maybe this one will be like my son and come on time rather than like my daughters and come 3 weeks early.

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

#30 of 31 Old 10-15-2011, 07:04 AM

Ooh yeah! I forgot about the eating thing. I get extremely hungry, eat a meal, then realize I should have had a 1/3 of the meal and saved the rest for later. There doesn't seem to be a lot of room in my tummy. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page