Anyone else in complete denial? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2011, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This baby was a surprise.  I am in total denial, still.  I don't want to tell anyone, think about how many changes we need to make before it comes.  I have not had a single thought about boy, girl, the birth, etc.  I just cut out evening wine, started taking my prenatal, made an appt with dr, and carried on, totally not thinking about it at all.  I cannot imagine telling anyone, or overhauling life for another baby. 

Anyone else still in denial?  How long can I keep my head in the sand? :)  And we are decidedly happy about the baby, but we just cannot process it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2011, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

wave.gif  Me!  And DH.  We were using birth control, so this was definitely a big surprise and I'm still trying to process it.  I'll admit there are times when I think about it and panic, so we're still burying our heads in the sand here.  DD2 was a birth control pill baby, DS2 was a NFP "oops" baby, and now here we are again.  blush.gif

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

Old 08-27-2011, 05:59 PM

I am very happy to be pregnant, but since this baby is a bit of surprise I am having a hard time imagining all of the changes that are about to happen. I'm not jumping up in down with excitement, but I'm not upset either. I think I'm still a little shocked and a little in denial. I just can not see myself with 3 kids yet. I was getting used to the idea that we were done. We have given away all of out baby stuff.

My last 2 were very planned, took awhile to conceive, so there was a lot of time to imagine the future. This time around is so different.

I'm not worried though. I have had enough experience to know that the closer I get to April, the more real it will be. I'm also counting on all those hormones to help me out.

I too have started taking a prenatal, called my midwife, started paying attention to all the little things that you do to take care of yourself.

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Same situation here. :)  DD1 was a BCP baby.  She is a delightful 12 yr old now.  I went with IUD next, out of paranoia.  We now have 3 yr old DD2 and 1 yr old DD3, super planned.  Back on the pill, religious pill taker, and am pregnant again.  I don't even know what to think.

User Tag List