Red Raspberry Leaf Tea - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-28-2011, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've hear so many conflicting things.  Would 1 cup a day be ok for the first trimester?  Also, any vegetarians?  How are you getting your protein? 

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2011, 06:47 AM

From what I can tell, 1 cup a day in the first trimester is fine.  I've been drinking it with no ill effects.  :)

Old 08-28-2011, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:10 AM

I've heard that it's bad for the 1st trimester. I'm planning on starting 1 cup a day at the 2nd, and then increasing a lot by 35 weeks. I had such a rough birth with my daughter that I want to do everything I can to make it easier this time around.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Old 08-28-2011, 04:35 PM

I've heard/read conflicting things.  For me, I'm okay with having  a cup a day because I haven't felt any "effects"--contrax, cramping--and my last pg was uneventful and full-term, so I don't feel like there's much of a risk of preterm labor or complications for me.  If you're unsure, no big deal to wait.  I don't know that it helped me last pg, but it didn't hurt and I like it.  shrug.gif

Old 09-19-2011, 10:18 AM

I decided to delay the tea until the second trimester (next week!) mostly because I am a worrier.  With everything I've read, it's probably fine in small doses early on unless you're having cramping/bleeding, though.

I get my vegetarian protein through fortified cereal, milk, yogurt, cheese, and lots of beans.  I would do eggs, but I have a major aversion to them of late.  I try to avoid soy and fake meats.  I actually have a harder time getting iron than protein because iron-rich veggies are making me feel queasy.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernfriedkarma View Post

I decided to delay the tea until the second trimester (next week!) mostly because I am a worrier.  With everything I've read, it's probably fine in small doses early on unless you're having cramping/bleeding, though.

I get my vegetarian protein through fortified cereal, milk, yogurt, cheese, and lots of beans.  I would do eggs, but I have a major aversion to them of late.  I try to avoid soy and fake meats.  I actually have a harder time getting iron than protein because iron-rich veggies are making me feel queasy.

I'm allergic to soy and dairy.  But yeah, lots of beans and eggs here at the moment.  I get iron from raisins, veggies are iffy for me at the moment. 

Old 09-19-2011, 12:15 PM

i bought some raspberry leaf tea recently and then i noticed a huge warning on the actual packet saying its not suitable for first trimesters. i forced myself to wait until next week although i personally think 1 cup per day aint too harmful

User Tag List