a DREAM is a wiiiiish your <3 maaaaakes..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 08-28-2011, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

i hope not because i keep having super vivid dreams about bringing home a LITTER of tiny new sweet little puppies. yipes!

any weird dreams for you?

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#2 of 22 Old 08-28-2011, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When I was pregnant with my first daughter I had a dream I breastfed my cat, a few days later i had a dream that she was born, and then there were other babies no one wanted, so I said I would keep this on e big baby who was twice th size of ym baby. I took them home and then the big baby turned into a pug dog.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#3 of 22 Old 08-28-2011, 01:47 PM

I've had dreams of babies arriving in weird places (twins in my parent's basement), dreams of inability to breastfeed, dreams of being older with grown kiddos, lots of sex dreams, lots of figure-out-this-puzzle-or-else dreams. All vivid, all slightly stressful but not terrifying. The dreams are SO WEIRD. They have been my most consistent symptom yet.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#4 of 22 Old 08-28-2011, 02:20 PM

My dreams haven't been weird, yet but very vivid.  Mostly, my dreams have been playing out my fears and insecurities.

Tanya treehugger.gif DH-Brian, DD Adri (8), DD Izzy (7), DS Ollie angel.gif (1/5/11 @ 17 weeks) and our rainbow1284.gif baby due April 12th, 2012.

Of all the lessons I did not learn as a child, or even as an adult; I learn through being, mother to my children. Through love and through pain, we are delivered and blessed!

#5 of 22 Old 08-28-2011, 02:29 PM

I dreamt I was hanging out with the Pope. Keep in mind I'm really really not Catholic.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#6 of 22 Old 08-28-2011, 02:34 PM

I've been having vivid dreams too. Mostly dreams of my house, with new secret sections I have never visited before. I've had this kind of dream with both of my other pregnancies too. It's kind of neat.

Last night I had a dream of getting dressed to go for a night on the town with DH and friends and I could not decide what to wear. I kept getting in the car ready to go, then saying hold on and running back to my closet to change into a similar outfit. The dream seemed to go on forever. I remember wearing at least 5 different outfits.

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#7 of 22 Old 08-28-2011, 03:30 PM

I'm definitely having vivid and crazy dreams as well. A couple nights ago I had to remove a gigantic bundle of writhing snakes from one of those 10 gallon drinking containers (which we were apparently about to drink from), but they had these suction cups on them and were attaching to my arms. I know I've had crazy dreams every night, but that one is still stuck in my head. It was absolutely terrifying.

#8 of 22 Old 08-28-2011, 03:40 PM

Count me in!  I've been slightly obsessed with food lately (since it takes so much thinking to come up with something that doesn't sound repulsive)-- and I had a dream a few nights ago that some twilight-wannabe teenagers tried to steal my groceries as I was loading my trunk at the store.  I had a very reasonable conversation with them-- I absolutely would not part with the orange pop or double stuf Oreos (yay healthy!), but let them take the rest.  Then I noticed, as they were driving away, that their liscence plate had a big DEN for Denver on it.  Who knows?!

#9 of 22 Old 08-28-2011, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My dreams have been so weird, yet so real, that I keep having something prompt me to think "wait, what? That MUST have been a dream because THAT just isn't possible!"

#10 of 22 Old 08-28-2011, 05:05 PM

I am having vivid crazy dreams as well...way more vivid than I would like.

Wendy,loving wife to Brian, happy mama of Trinity(15), Christian(15), Gavin(13), Logan(11), Griffon(9),Jubilee(7), Epiphany (4), and Lucian Danger( born 18 April 12) <3
#11 of 22 Old 08-29-2011, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

sweet potato- im a twilight fan from denver. mmuuuuhahahahah! scared.gif

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#12 of 22 Old 08-29-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post

sweet potato- im a twilight fan from denver. mmuuuuhahahahah! scared.gif

Hilarious!!  Keep your hands off my oreos and we'll be okay  ;)

#13 of 22 Old 08-29-2011, 10:33 AM

I think this is one of my favorite parts of being pregnant...really, LOL!  Definitely have really vivid dreams, nothing noteworthy or meaningful, but I wake up in the morning thoroughly entertained.

Carson, living life with my 3 boys: DH, DS Dec '09 blahblah.gif  and newbie DS Sept'12baby.gif

always two in my heartbeat.gif 

#14 of 22 Old 08-31-2011, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have extremely lucid dreams while pg - I just had one that I was hanging out with President Obama, LOL!  And it was SO REAL!!

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#15 of 22 Old 09-05-2011, 06:38 AM

I dreamt I went for an ultrasound and the screen said twnA, twnB. I asked the doc how many there were and he said - clear as a voice in my head - "It's twins." I asked what gender and he said, "You can't mistake the penis' on these boys."

It woke me right up and I couldn't go back to sleep! Thankfully, it was already 5 am.

LiLeon likes this.
#16 of 22 Old 09-05-2011, 11:37 AM

itsasecret, that's CRAZY, I had a dream that I was having twin boys last night too!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#17 of 22 Old 09-16-2011, 04:23 AM

I had a strange, disturbing experience/dream with an incredible upside last night. It was so powerful I need to write about it. I journaled, but I still don't feel like it's "out" like I need I to be. 

I dreamt of miscarrying. I was away on a trip (seemed like I was a chaperone) without DH and I started to bleed. It didn't hurt, just bled profusely. I found an uncle who was on the trip with me and cried violently while he supported me. I passed the fetus and he asked if I wanted to know the gender and I said no. I spent the next few hours (or so it seemed) crying with convulsions and utter, deep sadness. I woke up with my pillow wet, weeping. I felt sadness throughout my entire body. I got up, had some water, peed, and got back into bed. DH sleepily cuddled me up which allowed me to go back to sleep. 

What's the upside of this horrible, painful experience? I suddenly feel a deep love for the baby inside me. I immediately felt like speaking to him/her, so I wrote to him/her. I feel like a mother. I feel like we are two, and I love my child. 

It's incredible. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#18 of 22 Old 09-16-2011, 05:19 AM

last night i was in las vegas doing so many crazy things on my own. last week i was having a picnic in a children's play area with about 20 HUGE pies (i think i woke up hungry) 

#19 of 22 Old 09-16-2011, 05:35 AM

I have been having what feels like constant dreams, super vivid and sometimes odd. Earlier in the week I dreamed that I had an ultrasound and then a strange doctor told me I only have six weeks to go. Which I took pretty well, surprisingly. Same night I dreamed that we were having twins, I think because our son has mentioned several times that I am having two babies. I can't tell if I enjoy having lots of dreams, because it is entertaining, but it also seems like I am less rested when I wake up.

#20 of 22 Old 09-16-2011, 02:23 PM

I'm loving how many twin dreams people are having. Are we all so afraid of this? I wonder.

The other night I dreamed I gave birth to twin girls in Lake Michigan. (seems like I could have picked a warmer place!) I only had a 2 hour labor. There was too much bleeding after, and I was having a hard time nursing one of the girls. I ended up laying naked in the sand with them on top of me nursing. The girls' facial features were very clear and distinctly different from each other. The strangest part, I thought, was that the babies were very Arab looking. DH and I are both blonde.

During my last pregnancy I watched a video of women giving birth in warm water with dolphins assisting. I think that is where some of this came from. I am a twin, and my mom always made sure to treat my sister and I as individuals. I've had 18-20 hr labors in the past. I am afraid of a quick labor because the midwife is more than an hour away, and that came out in the dream. 

Mom to Sam (3/2007), Bekah (4/2009)hbac.gif, Jedidiah (4/2012)hbac.gif, and expecting #4 in March!
#21 of 22 Old 09-16-2011, 04:53 PM

Am I the only one not dreaming? I can't remember a single dream this pregnancy. I'm not sure I'm even sleeping enough to dream :P LOL

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

#22 of 22 Old 09-17-2011, 10:23 AM

Most of my dreams are vivid, but not particularly interesting.  However, I seem to be obsessed with weddings.  I have dreamt:

*of remarrying my husband, but with all the guests standing in a lake (the planning was really hard for that one)

*of remarrying my husband, but sort of last minute, with only a few guests and whatever potted flowers happened to be at the rental house we were at for decorations, and it was dark and I didn't have a pretty dress and I felt like I had missed the boat.

*of marrying friends (as an officiant) who are already married, and having the bride freak out and flee the altar

I think there have been a few more, but those are the ones that stand out to me.  I did a teeny bit of "research" and dreaming about weddings generally is about new beginnings, about remarrying your current spouse is about being in a place of great confidence with your relationship, and about lots of water is about being aware of the vast amniotic ocean in your belly.  :)  So I must be in a good place. 

Distraction is not the same thing as play.
Be part of the diaper free revolution. 

DS1, 6 years.  DS2, 4 years.  DS3, brand new!  (April 2012)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page