Bleeding- fingers crossed - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-28-2011, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband and I attempted to have sex this morning for the first time since the egg retrieval.  All my tissue down there is not in the best shape from all the creams.  It didn't last more than 10 seconds before I decided something wasn't right.  An hour or so later I am bleeding.  I call the nurse on call and she explains that it is most likely due to the sex (I probably ruptured a capillary on my cervix) and not to worry too much.  If it continues or I start having pelvic pain, call back in.  Keep up on the hormone replacement but stop the baby aspirin. 

ugh... keeping my fingers crossed.

My family = Me + DH plus new babe 5/12 make 3 buddamomimg1.png

#2 of 9 Old 08-28-2011, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

If it is any help, I had spotting with DS after DTD and it freaked me out. Everything was just so sensitive down there that my cervix bled a little.  It is disconcerting, I am hoping you can rest peacefully and that it stops ASAP!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#3 of 9 Old 08-28-2011, 03:24 PM

Hopefully it was just the BD.  I had the same thing happen 2 weeks ago, and I bled a little for a day and that was it.  I'd take it easy for the rest of the day (i'm sure you are already).  Keep us posted.

#4 of 9 Old 08-28-2011, 03:33 PM

Ugh!!  I also had light brown spotting the day after both of our nookie parties-- it makes me nervous enough that I'm not in any hurry to try THAT again!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything turns out okay!

#5 of 9 Old 08-29-2011, 06:35 AM

I too had bleeding after DTD. Mine was obviously red but it was only that one time. After that I had some brown spotting when I'd wipe, that lasted about 2 days. We've since tried one more time and there was no bleeding! 

Keeping my fingers crossed it was nothing serious for you too! 

Hillary (22) belly.gif Justin (25) stillheart.gif

We're expecting our first precious sprout in April 2012 joy.gif And planning a homebirth! homebirth.jpg

#6 of 9 Old 08-29-2011, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

It probably made it much worse that they have me on baby aspirin so every little cut bleeds profusely.  It did stop within an hour or so and everything appears fine now.

I have my first ultrasound scheduled for Friday so we will see.

#7 of 9 Old 08-29-2011, 04:09 PM

glad that there's a rational and safe explanation for it and that it's stopped!  I'll be crossing my fingers for you that all looks good on Friday!

#8 of 9 Old 08-29-2011, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

DDCC here - I bled a LOT after sex throughout the first 6 months or so (seems to have stopped now that I'm in my 3rd tri).  So much that I really panicked - it looked like the first heavy flow day of my period a couple times.  It freaked me out really badly.  I called my midwife multiple times about this one.  The nurse there assured me that it's totally normal, and that it can look like a LOT of blood and be very scary.  The next time I was in, the midwife checked my cervix just to make sure it was closed tight, and she said that it just looked super sensitive and "angry."

The nurse also told me that blood can collect in and around your cervix and release the next day, so I should expect some spotting the day after sex as well, and if that happens, I shouldn't be alarmed.

I know that any amount of bleeding during pregnancy is very disconcerting, but it's also 100% normal.

Katie, married to my beloved Paddy

Catherine Anne "KJ" born November 10th, 2011

#9 of 9 Old 08-30-2011, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

It was a lot!  As if I needed another reason to not want to have sex.  The nausea, fatigue and dizziness were not enough!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page