Social Group? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-29-2011, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What do people think about moving over to the Social Groups.  I really like the idea of the DDC being available in perpetuity.  If we are going to do it, we should move as soon as possible.

I think we just need someone to volunteer to moderate it.  Any takers?  I don't think it has to be a permanent thing.  We could rotate it if needed. I would do it myself but I am slammed at work for at least the next month.

Nicole

My family = Me + DH plus new babe 5/12 make 3 buddamomimg1.png

#2 of 12 Old 08-29-2011, 04:00 PM

I've thought about it, and worry that starting a Social Group will split up the members between two places.  That, and being pregnant and all, I'm not sure if any of us could commit to "hosting" the group.  Who knows how I'll feel next week, if I'll even be on line, you know.  I, for one, am pretty okay with the DDCs the way they are, but maybe that's just out of habit, this being my third DDC. Just my 2 cents!

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#3 of 12 Old 09-14-2011, 03:50 PM

where are the social clubs anyway, and what are they?

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#4 of 12 Old 09-14-2011, 04:04 PM

If you do a search you can find some more info posted in Questions and Suggestions, and you can see the groups here. One of the biggest benefits for a Social Group DDC, is that after your babies are born, you get to KEEP your group. You won't get shuffled off to LWAB, and your group won't get archived like the forums do. smile.gif

Also, the hosts don't have a lot do to, and there can be more than one smile.gif

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#5 of 12 Old 09-15-2011, 05:20 AM

Ladies, the groups have the same set up as the boards. Maybe we should consider. At some point we will gave to move anyway.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#6 of 12 Old 09-15-2011, 06:02 AM

My main issue is they seem hard to find for new people wanting to join us. I can only find the May one by clicking through their link on the thread they had in our DDC. Plus this method seems to work fine, so I don't see the pull to switching. Yes, I realize that this group would eventually go away, but that one thing doesn't seem like enough of a reason to make the change.

#7 of 12 Old 09-15-2011, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Maybe once we get settled into the second trimester? I see the value in it. My DDC was active and then kind of fell apart when we had to move on to LWAB.  It was this connection and then nothing. I think the draw back for me is that I don't want to host because I honestly can't keep up with it.  I am down with going wherever though.

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#8 of 12 Old 09-17-2011, 06:58 AM

what is required of  a host? but, yeah I'm not up for it at the time anyway. we can wait.

#9 of 12 Old 09-17-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday Girl View Post

what is required of  a host? but, yeah I'm not up for it at the time anyway. we can wait.

check out the questions and suggestions threads. not much smile.gif

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#10 of 12 Old 09-17-2011, 04:56 PM

I'm wondering if we couldn't just make it into a social group around the time they would otherwise remove it winky.gif Kinda have our cake and eat it too. I don't mind hosting it though if people want to move.

moss likes this.
#11 of 12 Old 09-18-2011, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealic View Post

I'm wondering if we couldn't just make it into a social group around the time they would otherwise remove it winky.gif Kinda have our cake and eat it too. I don't mind hosting it though if people want to move.

I'm with this idea!

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#12 of 12 Old 09-18-2011, 01:51 PM

yeah, that works. a lot of people end up dropping out of the group after the pregnancy anyway so it will keep things less cluttered in the group.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page