Bleeding after exercise? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 08-31-2011, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am seven weeks and went to the gym tonight. I am not a fitness nut, but got into my workout. Maybe a little too much. I was kinda going at the new elliptical a little hard, and felt a little gush. I ran to the bathroom, and sure enough, my panties were red. I immediately quit and went home to shower. There was some more before my shower, too. It's bright red, not spotting. I contacted the on call ob and she suggested the placenta was low and the exercise caused bleeding. But I didn't think I had much of a placenta at this point in the pg. Anyways, I'm laying down right now trying not to freak out. I'm going for an u/s in the morning. I had a chem pg last year and I'm trying to tell myself that this isn't the same thing all over again. Can bleeding after exerise be OK?

Mary, mama to Adeline (5/12/09) luxlove.gifbrokenheart.gif July 2010 and brokenheart.gif Sept 2011, and Huxley (11/6/12) biggrinbounce.gif  and  stork-suprise.gif October 2014??
#2 of 13 Old 08-31-2011, 08:12 PM

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that a workout will not cause a miscarrige.

Be gentle with yourself.

My thoughts are with you.

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#3 of 13 Old 08-31-2011, 09:11 PM

The placenta is actually developed enough at 7 weeks to cause some bleeding. According to a miscarriage support website:

"Sometimes a small amount of blood is lost when the placenta matures at about 7 weeks and takes over the progesterone production. This can be frightening but is quite common and in most cases your pregnancy will continue as normal without harming the baby at all."

Hopefully this is what you were experiencing! Try not to stress, and keep us posted. 2twins.gif

Swell Doula Service

Birth - Postpartum - Placenta Encapsulation 

nocirc.gif  winner.jpg  slinggirl.gif

#4 of 13 Old 09-03-2011, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you both for your advice and intentions. I had a miscarriage, and a d&c yesterday. Ii hope to begin healing and look forward to my next dr appt so I can begin trying again. Today is a good day, and I'm surrounded by love and understanding. But my heart is broken.

Mary, mama to Adeline (5/12/09) luxlove.gifbrokenheart.gif July 2010 and brokenheart.gif Sept 2011, and Huxley (11/6/12) biggrinbounce.gif  and  stork-suprise.gif October 2014??
#5 of 13 Old 09-03-2011, 04:52 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss greensad.gif

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#6 of 13 Old 09-03-2011, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am so sorry, hugs to you mama.  I hope you have a peaceful and healing recovery.

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#7 of 13 Old 09-03-2011, 07:13 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

#8 of 13 Old 09-03-2011, 08:18 PM

I am so very sorry. I'm glad to hear you are feeling supported.

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#9 of 13 Old 09-05-2011, 03:47 PM

I had spotting after some exercise a few weeks ago then more without activity this week which lead to my m/c this weekend as well. I know how you are feeling and my heart goes out to you.
#10 of 13 Old 09-05-2011, 04:35 PM

Oh no!  I'm so sorry for both of your your losses. 

#11 of 13 Old 09-05-2011, 04:56 PM

I am so sorry to hear about both of your losses :(

#1 DD 6, #2DD 4  -- EDD 4/30/2012

#12 of 13 Old 09-05-2011, 06:15 PM

So sorry to hear about both of your losses. You are in my thoughts.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#13 of 13 Old 09-18-2011, 08:20 AM

Same thing happened to me last October. Went hard during exercise and miscarried a chromasomally normal, healthy fetus @ 14 weeks. I always bleed after heavy exercise so I didn't think it was a big deal. Because of my extensive OB/ pregnancy history ( I've had two second trimester miscarriages, one pre-term live birth 5 weeks early, and a near- fatal post partum hemmohorage) my doctor did a re-occuring pregnancy loss work up which showed that my anticardiolipin IgG was elevated.This antibody causes a blood disorder called APS or antiphospholipid antibody syndrome which has directly contributed to my complicated OB history. Both miscarriages could have been averted by using a blood thinner throughout the pregnancy.

If your insurance will cover it, ask your OB  for these test: anticardiolipin, antinuclear antibodies, chromosome (blood, MTHFR), and lupus anticoagulant. These are test for antibodies that may interfere with fetal growth, cause blood clots, stillbirths or miscarriages. (Your doctor probably won't even offer you these test until you have (3) 1st trimester miscarriages or (2) 2nd trimester miscarriages). Doesn't hurt to ask.

Thing is, the OB I was seeing at the time of my last miscarriage knew my OB history, was the "high-risk" pregnancy doc at the practice, but didn't even offer APS as a possibility. I had to go www.justanswer.com and ask an OB there, print out the tread and take it to my new OB who found the problem.

This is why it's called a medical 'practice'?

Blessing to all of you who have loved and lost. My prayers are with you and your families.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page